• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| NEOGAF Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more [Your images only]

Impotaku

I preordered this dec 10 2021 the last of my limited run games finally turned up, no more outstanding orders from them as i can't justify waiting well over a year for something especially as the game was finished last year but with collectors editions they take their sweet time with no urgency in completing them.

As this game is so weird & totally me i couldn't resist the collectors edition, i do enjoy that they troll you as you open the box making it look like there's nothing there.
yrB1lZ8.jpg

dK0ks13.jpg

ffC9BoK.jpg

When crimzon clover everntually turns up i'll not be using first press games either anymore it's crazy how long they are holding onto peoples money for constantly moving the release dates, im patient but it's starting to wear thin. I'm at the point where i'll just pay the extra on the price and buy off resellers on ebay for remaining limited run stuff i want or from other limited producers. least super rare have their stuff in hand, no waiting a year.

Chastten

Banned
8K53SjQ.jpg

UqONGgJ.jpg

Physical Switch games #102-107. Will still take a while before I've got all the games I want for the system but slowly building that library!

FYBXpgz.jpg

And some anime & manga. Long ago I had a huge collection of DVD's and manga but I sold almost everything off after 2008 because lol DVD's and interests shifted and all that. Back in January I decided I wanted to build a small, carefully curated collection of my favorite shows and movies again. Only solid 8/10 or better stuff. Movies and series that I really, really enjoy. And this is where I'm at after 3 months. Really happy with this collection so far.

marcincz

I preordered this dec 10 2021 the last of my limited run games finally turned up, no more outstanding orders from them as i can't justify waiting well over a year for something especially as the game was finished last year but with collectors editions they take their sweet time with no urgency in completing them.

As this game is so weird & totally me i couldn't resist the collectors edition, i do enjoy that they troll you as you open the box making it look like there's nothing there.
(...)
One time I waited half a year (don't remember what was that - probably Castlevania), but over 1 year is a joke.
The worst thing they block our cash for a game and we must wait....6 month to 1 year.

Impotaku

One time I waited half a year (don't remember what was that - probably Castlevania), but over 1 year is a joke.
The worst thing they block our cash for a game and we must wait....6 month to 1 year.
yeah it's pretty bad how long they hold on to that cash. Especially when the release date starts getting moved forward a lot of times & you can't get that money back. I'm pretty much done with limited run now if there's and upcoming game i want i will wait till it comes on ebay from someone who has it in hand and just pay the markup.

Impotaku

Few more pickups the standout been dredge i wanna play this one baaaad. A nice selection for the incoming weekend, arkanoid is really pricy for what you get in it but luckily i like arkanoid enough to cough up £29 for it the new mode is pretty fun once i resub to online i can try out the tetris 99 style mode. Been meaning to get wonderful 101 for ages now thought it was time i give it a spin and i never knew about sophstar till recently but by the time i found out red art games had sold out so i had to goto ebay thankfully not at a ripoff price.
YhLbnEV.jpg

fOE9y2m.jpg

Impotaku

Another turned up from amazon usa today, found out limited run actually sell via them too so i can still get titles i want but not have my money held hostage, if i need to cancel it's easy to do on amazon at least. Have demons tilt digitally but wanted to have a physical as well as it's a fantastic game. I have a monitor i used for all the stuff on switch that uses tate mode.
SISA8eN.jpg

A4v0kfo.jpg

There is some seriously cool stuff in this thread. I'm in the middle of an online D&D campaign so I can't really get many pics to share but here's 4. Gundam I picked up recently. The Fallout 4 Pip Boy and Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 Collectors Edition i've had since they came out. The N64 game i've had as long as I can remember. And I FINALLY got a PS5 so, had to snag a picture of that. I'll get more gaming swag pictures when I get a chance
EZ3qYJT.jpg
7Gs8PfM.jpg
Epp9Kmo.jpg
Vwc7t8F.jpg

Impotaku

Another red cross sanity care package from japan for this month. games, gatcha and err a flag lol

The last 2 rhythm games i wanted to pick up, have pretty much all of them now.
vXO9GoX.jpg

more games
yrLLVVE.jpg

and more games, nope not going mad i did buy another copy of wai wai spelunker as the asshole seller didn't tell me on the last one i bought that the game was faded to hell on the front cover. Listing it as new but failing to mention it had been sat in a window facing the sun. Also super late to the party finally picked up breath of the wild as this version has all the dlc built into the cart finally down from the stupid 15,000yen price tag back to 7000 retail as it got a reprint. Also picked up heavenly guardian as the wii original is insanely expensive never realised it got a switch port more kikikaikai style shooting fun.
hZKCijA.jpg

More weird sushi gashapon to the collection
Rzq8tdT.jpg

Also these they made figures of 4 of the most popular dagashi characters
8Lt9n3J.jpg

and as i like picking up bits of dagashi style merch i saw this flag randomly in the shop supplies section on amazon J for like £3 they usually hang outside dagashiya an other places that sell kakigori it's the character for ice & yes i'm aware the flag is backwards when i took a pic :lol:
icaoVle.jpg

Last edited:
My brother bought my sister this Zelda 3DS back when it was released. My sister has had it this whole time and I assumed it was dumped in a drawer somewhere and beat to shit. I mentioned it last year in passing and she said she still owned it so I asked if she would trade it for my purple 3DS she was hesitant, so I dropped the subject. She recently had a baby and while I was visiting, she brought out the 3DS to give to me. It's like new, super well taken care of.

EdMvUeM.jpg

It's such a cool 3DS, easily my favorite design of the original 3DS model. The black gradients into a dark gold and the base is a dark metallic. It will have a nice home with my other Zelda-themed portables.

O9wOfj1.jpg

lmgXIEF.jpg

3ruKYz1.jpg

Impotaku

Been after this for a while todays import came via france which in turn came via the usa, i was 4 years too late and missed getting it at retail price as i never knew it existed till i played the switch release. Deliberated for a long time but i realised if i wait too much longer i'll never be able to afford to get one as the price keeps going up. The special reserve games bundle of enter the gungeon with a physical version of the ammonomicon, an exact replica of the in game encyclopedia and it's insanely cool filled with so much useful info for playing the game as well as nifty design doodles/art all over it. Only 3500 copies printed so not an easy thing to grab nowadays.
5LFu1mw.jpg

Inside the huge slipcase is the PS4 version & the book
lAKEESB.jpg

It's beautifully made with loads of gilding & embossing
JuwWkU6.jpg

Got a interesting print number yay
BSMYEec.jpg

Inside is just like the in game version. It covers all the guns, items, enemies & bosses as well as what everything does.
0n2EgOM.jpg

ImvX2Rf.jpg

mrEk0XC.jpg

80wCyIM.jpg

Planning on shuffling games about and putting my original switch version in the slipcase and picking up the mini artbook thats still available and adding that in too making it a custom special edition as the switch version didn't exist when this bundle was originally made. LOL i seem to be gaining a small pile of gungeon games.
PxkDpW8.jpg

Crayon

I'm on a fucking rampage in Japan rn. Exchange rate is killer. Picked up a wonderswan crystal at super potato in Shinjuku. Just came out of the one near dotonburi with a neo Geo pocket color and some games. Found wizardry for that Wonder swan... Ouch¥¥¥

Scooped up a bunch of other random shit too. So fun!!!

Crayon

I'm tearing it up out here. I'll try to get some extra sleep. Just picked up sonix adventure and last blade for the neo pocket. I got a new in box guilty gear 2 for the Wonder swan for like 100usd. And a nib front mission for the swan!

Last edited:

Impotaku

This months switch bits n bobs from japan & other places.
WOgqh4Q.jpg

YOrIf82.jpg

CWxHXrF.jpg

The cuphead special edition japan got is especially nice, a lot of effort was put into the packaging & contents not bad considering it's like £25 on amazon japan.
mIvvbhm.jpg

Me6R3jZ.jpg

urnoBN0.jpg

IDxfOW1.jpg

IYPPgcN.jpg

Drainus special edition in thankfully a compact box, some nice bits
UIUJ9yB.jpg

And also this, my very own heart container from Zelda, kind of wish they did one for the stamina too. It's a really nice thing...
XjaK30a.jpg

kvb9ePx.jpg

o05U8Zo.jpg

Comes with a little zelda logo embossed stand to pop it on :)
iqclCxo.jpg

Oh & killer frequency turned up too
uGKvRkL.jpg

Last edited:

Impotaku

Nothing too fancy today, super rare shipped my replacement hell pie cart that has the proper patches on the cart they reprinted the game for people who had bought it & we got the replacement for nothing so i can't complain. Decided to try and complete my lost in play card set as i love the art of that game, seems the trading card gods were kind as in the 2 packs i ordered i got the missing 2 i needed to make a full set of 6 as i luckily got the rare foil in my original pack i got with the game.

Super rare sent it with a updated sticker if you want to put it on the box and a bag & sealing sticker in case you are a sealed collector type but screw that i buy my stuff to play & enjoy.
GNP23ln.jpg

Yay full set, i love this games art, reminds me of adventure time a little.
6wqXfcW.jpg

Impotaku

Just one game today but one i have been paitently waiting for the physical release as i love it. 2nd game order from special reserve but this one came first still waiting on cult of the lamb super fancy bundle set. Hopefully released next month.
bGvKyCK.jpg

TzXVvg5.jpg

The UV spot gloss printing on the cover and the manual are a nice touch.

Impotaku

Some more arrivals over the weekend although amazon are becoming appauling at shipping protection sending my getsufumaden special edition in a card envelope with zero protection so the first copy was totally destroyed as the box is made of thin card. Cheap gits, they try to get away with no packing at all nowadays, thankfully 2nd copy got here mostly undamaged.

It's a nice edition plus i was surprised to find the famicom edition of getsufumaden was built into the cart i was expecting a digital download code. The artbook is bit small but i don't mind too much, i'm just happy it's now a physical release.
vMNB99n.jpg

DEWFpH8.jpg

zK9QOqv.jpg

Also my cult of the lamb figure turned up, love the sculpt of it.
p16tyvQ.jpg

VUH4be1.jpg

And a couple more switch games.
NM0bixj.jpg

Chastten

Banned
e7KDwyL.jpg

Physical Switch game #108-117. Also some controllers for the evergrowing collection. Not sure how long I'll continue to collect for Switch but there are still a couple of dozen games I want for the little thing, so we'll see where things end. For now I'm having a blast collecting still.

8UGIBc4.jpg

Back in Januari I decided to start collecting anime again. I've definitely slowed down after the first few months as I'm very selective in which shows and movies I wanna collect to avoid ending up with a huge collection of stuff I don't care about (and also because only a fraction of all anime gets a Region B, English subbed blu-ray release), but I still got a few really nice releases I'm very happy with. Also, my first 4k Blu-ray in Your Name, as I loved that movie and it looks stunning. As for the manga, I'm definitely not as picky. If it has nice artwork, I'm in.

q9783uL.jpg

And finally some Lego. I love the modular series of buildings so I had to add this year's set to the collection. It looks stuning next to the others.

The castle I haven't build yet, but I just had to get it for nostalgia's sake. I felt like the Christmas N64-kid when I received that huge box. Will build it during my vacation and honestly, I can't wait.

Impotaku

A couple more inscryption things from the usa, i already have the standard edition but the special one looked so nice that i couldn't resist double dipping. I rarely do this with any game but this is a nice exception. Also managed to get a couple packs of official cards that are replicas of the realworld part of the game, the cards are fixed in the packs so i got 2 one to open and enjoy and the other will fit inside the special edition box as a nice upgrade makes a nice set having a pack of cards from the game in there too.

The box has so many nice touches theres foil printing all over, it's embossed and it also has this really soft almost rubber to the touch coating.
n0pNNWj.jpg

W2oPmv2.jpg

eDB1mBl.jpg

Also comes with an oversized art card in the box
TuTFTPm.jpg

Has a different cover to the standard edition too.
RFcJWnB.jpg

And these are the in world cards 4 are holos the rest normal. Not meant to be used to play any game they are just art cards to enjoy which seems to have annoyed a lot of people. Even people complaining saying they look nothing like the cards in the game totally missing the point as these are the real ones.
bnRjsla.jpg

qs0qGIb.jpg

Absolutely adore this game.

Impotaku

Been waiting for this to turn up today, never played tunic before it so i'm looking forward to getting stuck in. The box set fangamer released is really nice the outer slip case is foil printed and it comes bundled with many goodies including a really cool replica of the in game instruction book, although i have a proper hard back version of that coming at end of month when fangamer ships those out.
zNw8b1N.jpg

XG9mntP.jpg

Hmm... didn't know there was a gaming pick-ups thread here in the community section.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to go through the whole thread and see what everyone has been picking up lately lol. Also, sorry not sorry in case you guys receive random emoji reactions from me on your posts in this thread.

As for me, this past week has been quite a productive one in terms of video game pick-ups, with Blasphemous 2 and Bayonetta Origins being the highlights. Got them super cheap -- €8 for Blashemous 2 and €20 for Origins.
I also have more Trails games on the way; hopefully I'll manage to enjoy this epic JRPG saga sometime in this life lmao. Oh and yeah, I also snagged a North American import game with Quake since I wanted it for the collection. <3 physical games.

20230826_130120.jpg

Last edited:

drganon

Hmm... didn't know there was a gaming pick-ups thread here in the community section.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to go through the whole thread and see what everyone has been picking up lately lol. Also, sorry not sorry in case you guys receive random emoji reactions from me on your posts in this thread.

As for me, this past week has been quite a productive one in terms of video game pick-ups, with Blasphemous 2 and Bayonetta Origins being the highlights. Got them super cheap -- €8 for Blashemous 2 and €20 for Origins.
I also have more Trails games on the way; hopefully I'll manage to enjoy this epic JRPG saga sometime in this life lmao. Oh and yeah, I also snagged a North American import game with Quake since I wanted it for the collection. <3 physical games.

20230826_130120.jpg
Didn't know they made a physical version of quake. I got mine digitally a couple of weeks ago using those psn reward points thing.

Didn't know they made a physical version of quake. I got mine digitally a couple of weeks ago using those psn reward points thing.
The Quake physical version was a limited print run made by LRG, but now it's out of stock and you can only buy it from ebay and amazon marketplace sellers (at least that's the case in NA). But here in EU, there are several specialty shops that still stock it (got my PS5 copy from one of them for €50).

That said, there's also a Quake 2 physical version in the works that will release soon and I plan on picking that up as well: https://limitedrungames.com/collections/quake-ii

But yeah, the digital versions for both Quake and Quake 2 remasters are much cheaper and readily available than their physical counterparts.

Last edited:

drganon

The Quake physical version was a limited print run made by LRG, but now it's out of stock and you can only buy it from ebay and amazon marketplace sellers (at least that's the case in NA). But here in EU, there are several specialty shops that still stock it (got my PS5 copy from one of them for €50).

That said, there's also a Quake 2 physical version in the works that will release soon and I plan on picking that up as well: https://limitedrungames.com/collections/quake-ii

But yeah, the digital versions for both Quake and Quake 2 remasters are much cheaper and readily available than their physical counterparts.
I'm probably going to just get quake 2 digitally. While I do like having physical copies of stuff, my cheapness overrides that.

I'm probably going to just get quake 2 digitally. While I do like having physical copies of stuff, my cheapness overrides that.
Yeah, I totally get that, the value proposition for these limited physical prints is not really there for most people, especially when the digital version of the same games can be obtained much, much cheaper and without FOMO as they're not limited in number. Overall, I'm not too thrilled with it either, but it is what it is...

Last edited:
Top Bottom