• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

luulubuu

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS by LuchaRider (April 2017) [cannot format post as per instructions]

Can someone, please, explain me what the [cannot format post as per instructions] part means? I think I might screwed up some step on my petition (´。_。`) I'm sorry

EDIT:
Oh, okay, I think I missed the part of linking my original post to the date of release of the game, the post should be fixed by now, but can someone tell me if it's correct now?

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS by LuchaRider (11 of April, 2017)
Release date: September, 2017

Cerium

i dont think I see anyone do anything for Disgaea 5 for switch, so I wanted to ask if anyone knows of someone taking it on.

If not I can do it.
In a manic frenzy I ended up doing this one. I couldn't help myself. I'm really cutting myself off now though. Really.

Shun is my homeboy so I'll talk to him about it. Shouldn't be an issue.

Disgaea 5 Complete by Cerium (25th April 2017)

Release Date: May 23rd, 2017

The Flash

Banned
Would it be ok for me to make a claim on the Quake Champions OT even though it doesn't have a release date yet? The game is slated for this year and it's pretty close to being finished if the latest beta builds are anything to go by.

Cornbread78

Would it be ok for me to make a claim on the Quake Champions OT even though it doesn't have a release date yet? The game is slated for this year and it's pretty close to being finished if the latest beta builds are anything to go by.

If it is slated to release in the next year you can claim it, then update the claim one a firm release date is announced.

You just can't claim games that are unannounced or are known to not be releasing for years still....

TEJ

If nobody has called dibs on it, I want to do the OT for The Lion King remake.

Assuming that July 19, 2019 isn't too far away for me to claim it yet.

Cornbread78

If nobody has called dibs on it, I want to do the OT for The Lion King remake.

Assuming that July 19, 2019 isn't too far away for me to claim it yet.

you should be able to grab it on 7/19/18. I don't think anyone will fight you on that...

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if this is the best thread for it, but regarding the E3 2017 | General Information and FAQ I wanted to mention that anyone is welcome to send me tips, ideas and requests on what to include this year. As E3 2017 will be open to the public I will be sure to emphasize information that can be useful for first time attendees.

E92 M3

DESTINY 2 by LuchaRider (14/05/2017)

Release: September 8, 2017

Hey, I understand you're trying to help but we have folks in the (expansive) Destiny community that wanted to do the OT - and do it very well. Based on your post history, you've never really posted in any of the threads.

I'm keeping it real. The first OT should be done by someone that's been actively involved in the community.

Just my 2 rubles.

WipedOut

Hey, I understand you're trying to help but we have folks in the (expansive) Destiny community that wanted to do the OT - and do it very well. Based on your post history, you've never really posted in any of the threads.

I'm keeping it real. The first OT should be done by someone that's been actively involved in the community.

Just my 2 rubles.

Man, can't even give a guy a shot? Maybe he will bring a fresh design to the new OT.

luulubuu

Just my 2 rubles.

Hey, thanks for your post.

Based on what you are saying, the community that I'm sure is a great place to be, had folks who wanted to do the OT, right? Then again the game has been announced for around what, two months now? Why nobody grabbed the OT back then?

And I disagree with that last statement, but those are my 2 cents.

Next time if you want to do something, get it first so you don't have to disqualify people online just because (◕◡◕✿)

Have a nice day!

Man, can't even give a guy a shot? Maybe he will bring a fresh design to the new OT.

Looks like I have to be on a thread of an 3 year old game to have the PRIVILEGE to claim the OT then again, no one from that place got it first
53e.png

Just my 2 rubles.

As far as I can tell there are no requirements of needing to have a certain amount of posts (or any) in a series' prior OTs to claim one and work on it. This is something that would have been better left in a PM or never said at all. There wasn't any need to put that out in public. Like it has been brought up, if there were all of these people in the Destiny community that wanted to do the OT then why did none of them actually claim it before?

I'm just keeping it real though

The Flash

Banned

Just my 2 rubles.

Lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I did want to do it and Trance probably had that in mind when replying, and the answer to why I didn't claim it before is that I just failed to. No good excuse whatsoever. Obviously I should have claimed it as early as possible and I just didn't. Having followed the rules, so far as I can tell there's no reason Lucha shouldn't be able to do it and I have no interest in any conflict here whatsoever. I'm sure he or she will do a great job and I am happy to take on the inevitable OT2, and if I can in fact claim that, I'd like to do so at this time.

My apologies to DGAF for not claiming it in a timely manner, that's on me.

Hey, thanks for your post.

Based on what you are saying, the community that I'm sure is a great place to be, had folks who wanted to do the OT, right? Then again the game has been announced for around what, two months now? Why nobody grabbed the OT back then?

And I disagree with that last statement, but those are my 2 cents.

Next time if you want to do something, get it first so you don't have to disqualify people online just because (◕◡◕✿)

Have a nice day!

Looks like I have to be on a thread of an 3 year old game to have the PRIVILEGE to claim the OT then again, no one from that place got it first
53e.png

You are so knowledgeable about the community you are going to be heading that you want to make a new discord server for it when the current OT of Destiny 1 is called "A community in discord". Hawkian is the person that has done over 30 OTs and has taken over the mantle of the passed DrDrizzay101 and he was happy to make the Destiny 2 OT, this thread isn't well known or remembered at all for 99% of neogaf users so if he didnt "claim" the OT it was not because he didnt want to. You can coordinate with him and make an awesome new OT or make a fuss about this as you have been on twitter.

Cornbread78

Just my 2 rubles.

well, here's my 2 gil:

Collaboration is the word. Nobody "owns" the OT so I would reach out to the dude and let him know that everyone from the Destiny Community really wants to have their input heard and give them ideas and help him develop the OT in a way that works for everyone. If there is a dispute about it, reach out to a mod to mediate.

EDIT: Damn, ?I should have finished typing this earlier..... Looks like I missed some follow-up..

You are so knowledgeable about the community you are going to be heading that you want to make a new discord server for it when the current OT of Destiny 1 is called "A community in discord". Hawkian is the person that has done over 30 OTs and has taken over the mantle of the passed DrDrizzay101 and he was happy to make the Destiny 2 OT, this thread isn't well known or remembered at all for 99% of neogaf users so if he didnt "claim" the OT it was not because he didnt want to. You can coordinate with him and make an awesome new OT or make a fuss about this as you have been on twitter.

or the other person could have gone by the rules that have been set up to claim an OT instead of just assuming it was theirs

I love how everyone says people need to abide by the rules and everything that have been made here on GAF for various threads, OTs, etc except when something happens they don't like then it's "oh, well this rule is stupid so we'll just ignore it".

Lee

I did want to do it and Trance probably had that in mind when replying, and the answer to why I didn't claim it before is that I just failed to. No good excuse whatsoever. Obviously I should have claimed it as early as possible and I just didn't. Having followed the rules, so far as I can tell there's no reason Lucha shouldn't be able to do it and I have no interest in any conflict here whatsoever. I'm sure he or she will do a great job and I am happy to take on the inevitable OT2, and if I can in fact claim that, I'd like to do so at this time.

My apologies to DGAF for not claiming it in a timely manner, that's on me.

No apologies necessary Hawkian.

I have no problem with LuchaRider doing it, but the attitude is unnecessary and your tweets about this are ridiculous. Have you bothered to look at any of the 44 Destiny OTs before saying the "established" community has no idea what they're doing?

Tecnniqe

Banned

Just my 2 rubles.
Based on this I should never have made my halo OTs but if the community know what to do they shoulda also claimed it long ago. Nothing stopping them or you from reaching out and colabing on it, but cmon.

or the other person could have gone by the rules that have been set up to claim an OT instead of just assuming it was theirs

I love how everyone says people need to abide by the rules and everything that have been made here on GAF for various threads, OTs, etc except when something happens they don't like then it's "oh, well this rule is stupid so we'll just ignore it".

Did you even read what i said? This thread and its rules are not widely well known or remembered by the vast majority of neogaf users. Hawkian didnt assume the OT was "his" and the only rule relevant here is that if you "claim" an OT it means you are willing to work on it, its not yours unlike what lucha seems to think. If two people are willing to work on it then thats what they do, the cooperate. No need for people to act childish over stuff like this.

luulubuu

Hey, I did not started any fuss. I got an idea for the OT and I claimed since it was how it works, right? You want to promote a game so you do your best to build a nice thread around it with people getting involved, however, what is not needed is that I get disqualify by the fact I haven't posted in any of the other threads.

Do you think Hawkian can do a better job? I'm sure they can too! Experience on making stuff is the better badge! I will gladly help if they want to make it. I would love to learn how to coordinate, properly size everything and post it in the better quality possible.

No hard feelings, no problems, let's do something great together.

But I repeat it to just make it clear, I have no problem to not be the responsible of making it, I have no problem to admit I have no previous experience and I know it would be better to get a secondary role and just help. What I do have a problem is how that post (the post, not the user) was.

Just that. I hope everything is alright now.

No apologies necessary Hawkian.

I have no problem with LuchaRider doing it, but the attitude is unnecessary and your tweets about this are ridiculous. Have you bothered to look at any of the 44 Destiny OTs before saying the "established" community has no idea what they're doing?

Hi, if you are refering to the tweet about PROMO ART was just a joke, I have seen OTs here with tremendous quality and content, then again as I said

It just happened that I had an idea for make it look cool, I do know you need more than that to build a OT and I would love to get a lesser role and provide help if that's okay

Anyway, my attitude was positive until it happened to read that post, I apologise if you thought I was disqualifying the hard work of the community.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's not worth arguing over. When Destiny 2 comes out it should just be a fun time for the longstanding members of the community, new posters and lurkers alike. I'm not going to let fruitless drama around the circumstances of the OT spoil that.

Lucha (not that I have the authority to give it to you, I'm just saying I'm not trying to contest it), you claimed it so the OT is yours.

I apologize for the knee-jerk reaction from some in our community (again, to you guys, my bad for just not claiming it). I will just ask of you some modicum of restraint and respect, especially regarding your twitter posts.

The Destiny OTs have a long history of linking to practical tips/guides, metacommentary as GAF's largest contiguous gaming community, original art, spotlighting individual members, and for the last three OTs, tributes to a community icon who tragically lost his life in an accident last year. My one direct request is that the Destiny 2 OT does include some mention of Drizz in memoriam; feel free to PM me for more info on that/him if needed.

Yeah, no harm done. People got fired up for miscommunication/dumb shit. You seem to be a very talented graphics artist so i'm sure whatever you do will be great in the OT. From now its probably best for you and hawk to just talk through pms to figure all the kinks out.

Lnkn52

Destiny 2 OT Community off to a great start.

Im always available to whoever is doing the OT for D2. I'm great at using Promo Art.

Deku Tree

Lnkn52 has been doing some amazing art work for the Destiny OTs for a long time now. Go check any of them going back a long way. He is a pro.

Also FWIW traditionally the GAF Destiny community has decided in the OT by a discusssion who was going to make the next OT.

I don't know a lot about the rules for claiming OTs in this OT OT as I have not done it before. Glad everyone is working it out anyway.

luulubuu

Lnkn52 has been doing some amazing art work for the Destiny OTs for a long time now. Go check any of them going back a long way. He is a pro.

Also FWIW traditionally the GAF Destiny community has decided in the OT by a discusssion who was going to make the next OT.

I don't know a lot about the rules for claiming OTs in this OT OT as I have not done it before. Glad everyone is working it out anyway.

I did not know this, I'm talking with Hawkian about who should be the responsible of making the OT anyways, stay tuned!

Tecnniqe

Banned

"...When you create an official thread for a game, ideally after notifying the rest of the community here (especially for major releases so that you don't step on toes)..."
Gaming Forum official thread guidelines

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Fire Emblem: Echoes and Ys VIII claimed yet? If not, let me at 'em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom