• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Park Baseball 18 (OOTP18) - Official Thread and NeoGAF League

brentech

Sim: 1 day
Date: July 31, 2017
Notes:
Trade!

Nationals Sends:

Anderson Franco (A)
Juan Soto (R)

Colorado Sends:

Charlie Blackmon (GOBL)
Ryan McMahon (AAA)
Please put position before player name. This trade was completed first because it saved Colorado money.

Trade! - Still looking to move GOBL assets for minor leaguers if anyone interested!

TOR sends:
SP Marco Estrada (GOBL)
SP Francisco Liriano (GOBL)

COL sends:
SS Brendan Rodgers (PCL)
SS Jose Cicarello (EL)
BjhMVs2.png

So unless Colorado trades away a big contract, they deal is dead.

chairon

Neo Member
TOR sends:
SP Marco Estrada (GOBL)

COL sends:
SS Brendan Rodgers (PCL)
SS Jose Cicarello (EL)
RP Qualls (GOBL)
RP McGee (GOBL)

Rommel

I remember back in the day when I had major league players and prospects and budget.

Wow, those were great days.

I don't know what to do with all this money I have now. Although I have some funky contracts to work through with the Nats. What in the world is going on with Strasburgs contract... yeash.

So Alex Cobb was injured Dtd for some time but he was still available to play. Would him being on the disabled list prevent him from being traded?

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Aug 7, 2017
Notes:

TOR sends:
SP Marco Estrada (GOBL)

COL sends:
SS Brendan Rodgers (PCL)
SS Jose Cicarello (EL)
RP Qualls (GOBL)
RP McGee (GOBL)
Still coming up short.

tJscJlX.png

NYY sends:
SP Dillon Tate (A- Staten Island)
RF Carlos Vidal (GCL NY A Yankees East)

TAM sends:
SP Alex Cobb (GOBL)

So Alex Cobb was injured Dtd for some time but he was still available to play. Would him being on the disabled list prevent him from being traded?

He's on the DL with more than 7 days remaining injured (8 weeks of injury time remain). Players can't be traded under those circumstances.

I don't know what to do with all this money I have now. Although I have some funky contracts to work through with the Nats. What in the world is going on with Strasburgs contract... yeash.

It's wild taking on a new team that's so different than the last.

I look at the Pads roster, finances, minors.... and realize that there's so little hope for being able to fix this thing in the next 5 seasons without some outlier thing happening like getting a new owner with money, or a few of the prospects turning into David Bedgood. Like, there's nothing I think I can do to move this rebuild along. It's so bleak!

Rommel

It's wild taking on a new team that's so different than the last.

I look at the Pads roster, finances, minors.... and realize that there's so little hope for being able to fix this thing in the next 5 seasons without some outlier thing happening like getting a new owner with money, or a few of the prospects turning into David Bedgood. Like, there's nothing I think I can do to move this rebuild along. It's so bleak!

Honestly luck has a lot to do with it. When I was with AZ I was in a similar situation at the beginning and had only one really good trade piece in Goldy. Of course I got really lucky and was able to trade for a superstar core. But you'll soon have prospects everyone else will want which is nice.

I might have such limited financial flexibility as the Rays that I'll be forced to nontender some vets this offseason, but at least I have some pitchers.

Jarrod Dyson has 23 more stolen bases than the next closest player in the AL, that's kinda crazy.

Also I now have FOUR players on the 60 day DL, including 2 SP and my starting first baseman. I guess by my team rankings its because this team is like the real world Mariners, good offense, trash pitching.

brentech

Date: Aug 21, 2017
Notes: Toronto's Bautista to miss the rest of season due to torn ligament in his thumb. Padres' Mazzoni fractured his elbow and will miss the remainder. Seattle's Tony Zych tore his rotator cuff, also out for season.

In lighter news, Ryan Braun hit his 300th career HR.

brentech

Notes: I ran the update about two hours ago, but basically - more injuries.
Michael Brantley injured with DTD, 'unknown' recovery time. That's new. says he has blurred vision....but I'm still playing him and he is still getting hits, lol.

Tomorrow's sim will stop short on Sept 1 for the roster expansion.

Notes: I ran the update about two hours ago, but basically - more injuries.
Michael Brantley injured with DTD, 'unknown' recovery time. That's new. says he has blurred vision....but I'm still playing him and he is still getting hits, lol.

Tomorrow's sim will stop short on Sept 1 for the roster expansion.

I just found this out the other day when I was dealing with a DTD injury, but if you go into the individual player's screen, in the lower left where the morale and popularity is you can see which aspects of the game that the DTD injury will effect like hitting, base running, etc.

brentech

Date: Sept 1, 2017
Notes: Roster Expansion is available. Add prospects or depth to your roster to finish off the remainder of the season.

My team played the weirdest game against the Royals. Won 5-2 in 17 innings. My team had 10 hits between 3 players, and one guy struck out 6 times.

Weird.

brentech

Date: Sept 8, 2017
Notes: The push for the playoffs is getting hot. NL West is tight with two teams at 79 wins and 3rd place at 74.
3 divisions now have 10+ game leads, Yankees have a slight lead in theirs as well as the Cubs.

I did my September call ups and my manager thought it'd be smart to bench a couple of .300 hitters for guys who've never faced ML pitching before, IN THE MIDDLE OF A PLAYOFF RACE! lol wtf

brentech

I did my September call ups and my manager thought it'd be smart to bench a couple of .300 hitters for guys who've never faced ML pitching before, IN THE MIDDLE OF A PLAYOFF RACE! lol wtf
Yea. You have to be real careful if your manager has control of lineups abs pitching rotations.

I brought up two RP, and one got only 1 out while giving up 3 ER

Officially eliminated now, though in truth we've been out the running for much longer. Looking forward to next season though. We got a good group of young players up in Colorado and if we can strengthen our pitching game a little bit I think we can make some noise next year.

brentech

Date: Sept 29, 2017
Notes: 1 more sim to end the season. All but 3 teams fate is decided.

Lost my 2nd best hitter a week before the end of the season.
tears.gif

brentech

Sorry guys, I forgot to sim yesterday.

Sim: 5 days
Date: Oct 4, 2017
Notes: WE HAVE A PLAY IN TO THE WILD CARD
METS vs CARDINALS

Goddammit, NL West came down to the wire. We lost to the dbags 4-3 to break the tie at the top :(

At least we're still in the playoffs, but Grandal just got injured and will miss it. Fuuuuuck

Finally able to get back in the game. Just moved and internet has been spotty. Pretty solid season for my Angels considering how bad the roster was. I think I'll be able to get closer to contention next season with a couple of key free agent signings. Cutting a lot of salary in the offseason so I should have plenty to play with.

Top Bottom