• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Park Baseball 18 (OOTP18) - Official Thread and NeoGAF League

brentech

Yea, I had a tough time deciding my bullpen. Lot of guys played well in the spring and deserved a chance. Good problem for injuries and poor play, but I lack that depth around the bases.

norm9

Guess I'll find out when I get home tonight and check, but what happens if you have more than 25 on your opening day roster? I've had it loaded at the maximum the entire time.

eta- Was having a hard time deciding between bad infielders/bad outfielders and I kept them all.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Apr 15, 2018
Notes: The season is under way!

Only one human team didn't cut down to 25, so pretty good there. Said team hasn't updated since the 12th, so I need to find out if the Orioles are still under control or if I need to CPU the team.

Date: Apr 15, 2018
Notes: The season is under way!

Only one human team didn't cut down to 25, so pretty good there. Said team hasn't updated since the 12th, so I need to find out if the Orioles are still under control or if I need to CPU the team.

Remember, Ron Mexico quit because of your cheating shenanigans?

brentech

Remember, Ron Mexico quit because of your cheating shenanigans?

Oh yeah, thanks. I removed him as manager in game, but forgot to delete his team file and remove from the team list. So that was actually not a problem.
It was just Kansas City, but norm just checked in so we're all good.

norm9

I love being able to check the stats on the GOBL site. Helps pass the time at work and I can see how good/bad my players are doing.

2-3 for the Royals in this first week which is expected but more importantly, I'd been aiming to pick up small ball hitters, and so far with the small sample size I'm 2nd in the AL in on-base percentage. Going .500 is in the realm of possibilities
unlikely

Of course I started winless. But at least the losses are improving! The last three even gave me 4 blown saves!

Time to start calling up prospects, I guess!

It's hard to get a quick read on the health of the team when they're 20-8 in ST and start 0-5.

I have a marginal OFer that played well enough in ST that I thought I could let him stay on so I'm not running half a dozen offensive rookies every day. But he has a negative OPS+, while the guy he's holding a seat for has played very well in three AAA games.

Rommel

Lost a reliever for the year :(

On an interesting stat note... Bryce Harper is averaging almost 1.2 walks per game

brentech

Date: Apr 29, 2018
Notes:

Hopefully everything will come together soon. My 3 elite starting pitchers are slumping hard, but my bats are finally warming up.

Off to a solid beginning, Odorizzi giving me some great starts. Mallex Smith hasn't found his way with the bat yet though.

Justin Turner got injured for several week, but fortunately I'm pretty deep on position players this season.

Yeah, it's why I wanted a good package for Odorizzi. Despite what the ratings say, he was my best pitcher.

Not at all surprised that I'm the worst team in the league at this point. I'm sure the playoffs are close at hand.

brentech

Date: May 6, 2018
Notes:

dUwA15F.png

smh. Top 3 need to get their act together.

Just gonna enjoy the ride right now, Dodgers playing great in sim and in real life

Don't wake me up if this is a dream folks

brentech

Date: May 13, 2018
Notes: Draft Pool is available now. You can start making your lists.

Indians with a 5-2 sim to put me a 1/2 game behind. Did some changes to my lineup/depth chart to put batters in better situations. Appears to have helped, but still waiting on aces to pitch like it.

My line up looks like we should be winning more than we are. I just don't know how to make them play better :( our pitching game sucks.

norm9

My reliever's season ending declaration made it in the league news. Royals moving on up in the media while losing!

About time I had a sim that wasn't complete dogshit. Sorry Brent.

And to think I was worried about 2B coming into this season. I should've known it was Nick Franklin's age-27 season, so he was due for a breakout. 1.8 WAR so far, best among 2B!

My line up looks like we should be winning more than we are. I just don't know how to make them play better :( our pitching game sucks.

I'm a little stunned at the production you've gotten out of Brad Miller so far. He was hot garbage for me, but I guess he likes Coors.

Jorge Mateo has been hot trash. If his defense was solid I wouldn't mind, but dudes fucking that up too. Might have to demote his ass.

15th in offense, 1st in pitching. Such a bizarre season.

I'm going through the same shit. My pitching has completely overperformed and my offense has been dreadful. Trout coming back in a couple weeks will help, but we weren't doing great when he was healthy. I probably need to go big on a star bat in FA but that is always a risky proposition.

Yeah I'm probably gonna need some replacement pitching :

I could probably part with Drew Smyly and or Yovani Gallardo for relatively cheap.

I'm going through the same shit. My pitching has completely overperformed and my offense has been dreadful. Trout coming back in a couple weeks will help, but we weren't doing great when he was healthy. I probably need to go big on a star bat in FA but that is always a risky proposition.

It's annoying. I had a top 5 offense last season and while regression from Cano and Cruz was inevitable I didn't expect the entire rest of the lineup to forget how to hit.

brentech

Date: May 27, 2018
Notes: Injuries and suspensions, oh my!

Royals are rock bottom, the other 4 teams in AL Central are just trading games.

Top Bottom