• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outer Wilds, launching May 30th on the Epic Games Store and Xbox One

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
http://www.mobiusdigitalgames.com/blog/the-final-stretch

Hello everyone!

As you have undoubtedly noticed, there are not many days left in 2018.

In order to bring you the most polished and stable version of the game possible, we will be releasing Outer Wilds in 2019.

The next public update will be on February 1st, and we will have a lot more to share. In the meantime, we will be hard at work getting ready to launch the game.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Loved this since the early alpha, glad to see they've only really (vastly) improved the graphics rather than dilute the game to make it more digestable by the mainstream.

A really unique and lovely experience, I can't wait to get my hands on the full thing. If it's not gonna be an Epic Store exclusive like others as of recently...

I would liken it to Majora's Mask with the time loop stuff but it's really its own thing and worth checking out.

I thought there was new media, that video is from E3 >_>

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
fall 2019 is gonna be busy, Wolfenstein, Respawn Jedi game, Cod MW4, maybe cyberpunk 2077, this game. its gonna be busy.

if CP2077 also comes out in 2019 its gonna bury this game.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
r1sbq5m.gif

xrnzaaas

Awful news about the PS4 delay. Makes me want to skip this game until it costs next to nothing. Maybe even it's a better idea, it will be properly patched in a few years. ;)

FranXico

"Launching exclusively on Xbox One and on PC on Epic Store" is something we will be hearing a lot from now on...

If something was announced with console exclusivity from start, fair enough, but announcing a game on Steam and then shafting people who were waiting for it like this is despicable.

How pro-consumer...

Last edited:

Dunki

Considering that Obsidian is now owned by MS, I’m actually surprised it’s coming to PS4 at all. I figured MS would have just bought out publishing rights outright.
Wrong Game^^

This is not the Obsidian game but a Indy game that was founded on FIG.

As for Outer Worlds. It was developed before MS was buying Obsidian and this is how you should do it. MS did a really great job here unlike people selling out to he Epic Game store

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Wrong Game^^

This is not the Obsidian game but a Indy game that was founded on FIG.

As for Outer Worlds. It was developed before MS was buying Obsidian and this is how you should do it. MS did a really great job here unlike people selling out to he Epic Game store
Oh silly me.

pr0cs

Saw this on gamepass last night and added it to the queue. Glad to see it looks like a unique take on puzzle and open world games, now to find time to give it a try

Bungie

Currently playing this Game on my one x and it's amazing! If you were one of the many to get it for free, give it a go.

Pug

OK, after all the hype, I signed up to Game Pass. Yes its a fantastic deal and I'm playing games I never would've. Outer Wilds deserves so much more recognition than it's seems to be getting. Yep is at first confusing especially the cycle event, I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong! But piece by piece the jigsaw fits it into place and its so satisfying unravelling the mystery. A great game, genuinely different and one that appears to be so gentle, until you realise you can die in an untold manner of ways. Really if you get the chance, play it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Handel

I keep procrastinating on playing this. SkillUp having it as his GOTY might be the final push I need.

Sorne

I finally love this game. I gave it 2 tries, and both times I gave up. But the third time, I did it with a friend and we finally managed to get through the whole game.. and boy am I happy we did that.
The game is phenomenal! All the cool places you can freely visit, and the creativity behind all of it. It's amazing, and seriously underrated.
If you're like me and gave up on it, please try again and stick with it. Eventually it will click and it's such a great journey to go through.

Top Bottom