• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast confirmed as the free game for PS4 PS+ members in February

Man

Horror gaming! Hallelujah!

Outlast-DemoScare-Thumb2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maltrain

First, the amazing Resogun.
Then, the addictive Don't Starve.
February, the horror debut with Outlast.
March, almost certainly DriveClub.

What a start for PS Plus on PS4.

pswii60

I have not heard good things about Outlast.
Well it's 80 on Metacritic, which is higher than Contrast and Don't Starve.
First, the amazing Resogun.
Then, the addictive Don't Starve.
February, the horror debut with Outlast.
March, almost certainly DriveClub.

What a start for PS Plus on PS4.
Honestly, Don't Starve bored me after I reached Day 4. It's really not my bag. I thought Contrast was like a dreadful late 90s PC shareware game. And don't count on Driveclub launching in March.

But Resogun is fanfuckingtastic. Which way more than makes up for it.

EL CUCO

Great! Now to figure out how to cover that light bar with out tape.

I played DeadSpace 1 and 2 in pure darkness with headphones, I had nightmares!

IvorB

A new PS4 game? Really? And a horror game at that... never heard of it. Wonder if it can pull me a away from Warframe....

Replicant

Despite not being keen on both when I first heard them, I ended up enjoying both Contrast and Don't Starve very much now. So I hope this continues to be an interesting choice.

I have not heard good things about Outlast.

It's an extremely impressive indie horror game. Visually looks great and it def provides the scares. Unfortunatly it looses its luster towards the end with it's repeating gameplay tactics and the scares suffer because of it. Still a sweet experience imo. It's truly the equivalent of a haunted house experience in my eyes, granted that just isn't very deep.

Ricky_R

What's the deal with Sony and these studios? They pay the studios an estimate of what they think the game would make if it was offered on PSN at a certain price?

That's good, been looking forward to it since they announced it for Plus at E3... besides, Don't Starve is starting to piss me off at this point. Dying in that game after surviving for ages is truly frustrating.

IvorB

What's the deal with Sony and these studios? They pay the studios an estimate of what they think the game would make if it was offered on PSN at a certain price?

Quite complex I would imagine. I don't think Sony is buying the games outright in all cases. I think some cases the pubs release these game that no longer sell so they can flog us DLC or a sequel.

Aretak

Not a fan of horror games personally (because I'm a pussy), but I watched Patrick Klepek play through this and thought it was quite impressive. At least up until the last half hour or so, when it trades scary for silly.

Top Bottom