• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders Early Graphics Analysis - Not That Technically Ambitious But Performance Friendly

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Outriders isn’t going to win any awards for its visuals. It wouldn’t exactly have impressed if it came out in 2016. But while the visuals are a disappointment, gameplay looks to be Outriders’ strong suit, with Gears of War-style snap cover and more than a little Bulletstorm DNA in the mix. Even if the graphics don’t impress, we expect performance to be Outriders’ real savior.

The game’s minimum specs indicate that even the ancient GeForce GTX 750 Ti will be able to deliver a 60 FPS experience, albeit at 720p. The min specs are actually a shade lower than Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, remarkable considering that the latter is a 7th gen remaster. Whether or not it looks good in the process, Outriders looks set to be one of the most performance-friendly titles we’ve seen in a while.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
more than a little Bulletstorm DNA in the mix

alUsalz.png

Game looks really lacklustre visually.

Both technically and artistically, it's offensively mediocre, which is a shame because it looks like it might be presenting a pretty solid game underneath.

martino

do we know target framerate on previous gen console ? it could explain the settings and min config here.(and it would mean there is hope to escape that)
This one has my attention because the devs have openly spoken about build variety and so many different builds being viable, including powers only builds, which sounds awesome to me.
this. Also the business model.
Lot of reasons to be curious and not repulsed here (outside DA :) ).

Last edited:

GymWolf

I'm sitting here looking at the graphics so very confused whats going on. This looks not any worse than GoW18 which was praised for its visuals just 2 years ago.

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN
Enviromental textures may be at a similar level, but characters, creatures, particle effects and art design are not.

The water is better in this one, i gave you that, gow has some pretty shit water for a game with a large lake location.

Shubh_C63

How do you compare these graphics with Division 1 ??

I am curious because I don't remember feeling underwhelmed when I saw Outriders 18 min gameplay trailer.
And Div1 graphics were really good even in 2021.

GymWolf

How do you compare these graphics with Division 1 ??

I am curious because I don't remember feeling underwhelmed when I saw Outriders 18 min gameplay trailer.
And Div1 graphics were really good even in 2021.
Division 1 on pc still looks better imo.

Looks fun to me. Nothing wrong with framerate over visuals. I did enjoy they mentioned how the lighting makes it look flat. Surprised there no Craig here yet.

Tsukumo

I truly hope this game could be the heir to Mass effect 3 mp. After Destiny, Anthem and Warframe I'm not going to pull the trigger on day one, but I'm keeping my eyes on it. Let's hope for the best.

kbear

When can i play this again?
There is an open demo in a couple of days, the release date is 1 april if i remember well.
Demo releases on the 25th, next Thursday. Not sure a demo’s a great idea for a looter shooter tho.

I’m kinda hyped for this game. Destiny 2’s latest expansion got boring in record time.

I’ll make the OT if it hasn’t been claimed.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned
yeah, i wasn't interested in this game at all, because it's looked like a service game.
but i watched one video and they said that it is a full game. you are getting full experience.

they got my attention, so i will try Demo and i will decide to buy it or not. good thing is that everything from demo transfers to the full game.

Tsukumo

It's superposed to NOT be GAAS game.
As much as I love their entire catalogue, yes even Gears Judgement, those promises are going to be just marketing to me until the actual game is out. We live in a market where you can't even trust CD Project, so...

I'm gonna try the shit out of the demo.

From today

Developer People Can Fly's co-operative sci-fi looter-shooter Outriders is set to launch on 1st April this year, and those eager to learn more ahead of its full release will have the opportunity to put the early game through its paces next week, courtesy of a new demo.

Outriders' demo - People Can Fly emphasises it's a demo, rather than a beta, meaning it's completely free, doesn't require a pre-order or pre-purchase, and isn't limited-time - will launch for PlayStation 5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC (via Steam & streaming with Nvidia GeForce Now) next Friday, 26th February, at 5pm in the UK.

Console owners will be looking at a minimum download of 22GB, while the PC demo weighs in at a slightly beefier 24GB, and once installed, players can access all four of Outriders' classes, which can be taken for a test run across its prologue and opening chapter - meaning gear and enemies will be early game variants, rather than their more exotic later-game counterparts.

People Can Fly says the demo - which includes cross-play co-op support, albeit in beta form - will continue as far as the showdown against first rival Altered, Gauss. However, defeating him will open up a number of side missions, providing incentive to go back and explore the world.

Last edited:

Neolombax

I've been eyeing this game for quite some time now. I'm a huge sucker for looter games, this seems like a real fun time

Top Bottom