• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outside of Neogaf- where do you get your gaming news?

farmerboy

Youtube, specifically SkillUp. His 30min weekly gaming wrapup is probably the best news related content on Youtube. Well edited and concise., sprinkled with opinion. It really is great.

GHound

Gematsu, Noisy Pixel, twitter acount that I only follow pubs/devs on. I have a far longer list of sites to avoid than most.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Neogaf, Twitter, Reddit, youtube for the footage (not really for news). Twitter these days is the place were they's companies and "insiders" drop their shit first or some hints at ResetEra and Gaf. News sites are pointless unless they have some scoop from a developer or console manufacturer, otherwise not for first hand gaming news anymore.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Definitely GAF. I spend more time browsing GAF than I do playing video games, unfortunately

Markio128

Mostly GAF, but I do check out certain other sites when I’m interested in a preview/review of a game. I also occasionally visit GTPlanet.

winjer

Gold Member
Mostly get my news on Gaf.
People around here post news so rapidly and frequently, it's like an aggregate site for news.
And on top of that, we get analysis from some insightful members, sumaries for some long videos, some jokes and the usual sprinkle of non-sense.

Ps5ProFoSho

Let's just say I have sources lol and Twitter is helpful a lot of the time too.

It's easy to not get banned here, just don't post like an idiot console warrior and you'll be fine.
NOT TRUE at all. I got banned for 2 weeks for nothing even close to console warring. I would say what your relationship to the mods must be like, but will get banned.

-Zelda-

Banned
Youtube. But I noticed that they are late most of the time because news travels faster via forums than it does via people like Angry Joe. Honestly not sure why he even bothers since he is always late.

VCG just because I can't stomach having to wade through 20 strategy guide and opinion articles that are just basically ads for recently released games to get to one actual news article on IGN. I counted on the day Zelda released and the first 11 articles on IGN were related to the game before you could get to a single actual news article about something.

VCG just because I can't stomach having to wade through 20 strategy guide and opinion articles that are just basically ads for recently released games to get to one actual news article on IGN. I counted on the day Zelda released and the first 11 articles on IGN were related to the game before you could get to a single actual news article about something.

oops, i meant vgc

Karak

Feedly. I set it up, edited what I wanted and then use it as a brief watchup. I used to watch podcasts/gaming news but those have become easily trapped in their own time or opinion format. At least with feedly I can instantly see the news and decide from there.

Lunarorbit

Pushsquare, video games chronicle, reee, last stand media, pc gamer, press sneak fuck on Bloomberg and his podcast with Maddy Meyers and kurt, ign sometimes

game news besides neogaf? nowhere. i mean, there's so little actual game news that even neogaf often ends up going with rumor threads...

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
I just google "game name reddit" to find more than I could ever need to know about any game. The vast amount of specialized info on reddit is amazing.

Thabass

NOT TRUE at all. I got banned for 2 weeks for nothing even close to console warring. I would say what your relationship to the mods must be like, but will get banned.
I don't talk to the mods at all and I've been here for like....more than a decade. I've never been banned, I just don't act like an idiot.

Top Bottom