• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Over 1.1 million ballots cast in early voting for Georgia U.S. Senate runoffs

Aug 28, 2019
Honest question, but why do you even entertain anything about the results getting turned over?

You know it won’t happen right? Why would you even feel like it would? It’s like a fairy tale.

Personally, I never said they'd get overturned, the reason I'd want it is because I sincerely believe the election was stolen, but I certainly don't expect anything to happen.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

Tesseract

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
Honest question, but why do you even entertain anything about the results getting turned over?

You know it won’t happen right? Why would you even feel like it would? It’s like a fairy tale.
maybe that second line was a poor choice of words, bit tired

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
He/him
Exactly what I said.

Stop holding back progress (improved voting systems) because you think a political party benefits from not improving the voting system.

If you call someone lazy because they prefer more efficient voting systems, then you are a fucking retard.

This is my last reply to you because you are too stupid for life.

This has nothing to do with political affiliation and everything to do with election integrity. I’ve already explained to you why my country has in-person voting as the default. Both left and right agree on it. If one party in your country is disproportionately in favour of voting methods that are unequivocally more susceptible to fraud, maybe you should ask why that is. There is absolutely nothing “progressive” about what you are supporting.

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019

This has nothing to do with political affiliation and everything to do with election integrity. I’ve already explained to you why my country has in-person voting as the default. Both left and right agree on it. If one party in your country is disproportionately in favour of voting methods that are unequivocally more susceptible to fraud, maybe you should ask why that is. There is absolutely nothing “progressive” about what you are supporting.

The election already has integrity. That is absolutely a fact. Mail voting has a completely insignificant level of fraud. To believe otherwise is delusional trash.

So why do democrats want mail voting? Because it’s fucking easier, because it’s a better fucking product and process for citizens.

Why do republicans not want mail voting? Because more democrats do it and rather than making better products or taking advantage of the same technology they rather eat their own fucking tail.

its not about being progressive, it’s about improving life through technology and evolving systems which is the root of capitalism. What you want is garbage on a stick held up by completely delusional excuses like “deserving” and “integrity”.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019
The election already has integrity. That is absolutely a fact. Mail voting has a completely insignificant level of fraud. To believe otherwise is delusional trash.

So why do democrats want mail voting? Because it’s fucking easier, because it’s a better fucking product and process for citizens.

Why do republicans not want mail voting? Because more democrats do it and rather than making better products or taking advantage of the same technology they rather eat their own fucking tail.

its not about being progressive, it’s about improving life through technology and evolving systems which is the root of capitalism. What you want is garbage on a stick held up by completely delusional excuses like “deserving” and “integrity”.

Even the goddamn Democrat party didn't think mail-in voting was safe as little as a year ago, they changed their tune, though. You don't know what you're talking about... at all.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

CuriousToe

Jan 3, 2020

Probably worth noting that your country also has compulsory voting with financial penalties if you miss it. It's very different from the US. It doesn't change your argument around mail voting, but Australia would presumably get all low effort voters too. Because those people would have to vote unless they want to pay a fine.

Papa

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
He/him
Probably worth noting that your country also has compulsory voting with financial penalties if you miss it. It's very different from the US. It doesn't change your argument around mail voting, but Australia would presumably get all low effort voters too. Because those people would have to vote unless they want to pay a fine.

You would be surprised how many don't vote and have never been fined. Our government is just as slow and incompetent as yours.

Besides, doesn't the fact that our voting is compulsory AND in-person by default support my argument?

Last edited:

CuriousToe

Jan 3, 2020
You would be surprised how many don't vote and have never been fined. Our government is just as slow and incompetent as yours.

Besides, doesn't the fact that our voting is compulsory AND in-person by default support my argument?
Voting is in-person by default but a quick search shows that postal voting is a simple and easy process in Australia.

My point is, it's a different system. And postal voting is still an option

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
He/him
Reactions: CuriousToe

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
How much you want to bet there will be a pipe that bursts, causing voting to have to stop for hours, then once counting begins again, 95% of the votes will be for the Democrats running.

It's happened before... But the winner was almost always republican. I don't think Senate contest is rigged because otherwise it would have been clear who won in November. If the Dems wanted complete power, they wouldn't have lost seats in the house and lost even more in the senate. Makes no sense.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
I use y'all all the time, but that bitch is from Illinois.

Definitely scripted.

Regardless her opposition is a toolbag and I have to stomach her and Perdue.

So you're choosing based on party and not policy... ? A woman who hasn't lived up to her job? She's skipped most of her committee meetings... Likely done trades based on information given to her during the initial COVID congressional meetings... And you'd still choose the richest member of Congress (who wasn't voted in, btw)over someone who seems to want the best for Georgians? Someone FROM here? Word?

QuantumZebra

Dec 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
So you're choosing based on party and not policy... ? A woman who hasn't lived up to her job? She's skipped most of her committee meetings... Likely done trades based on information given to her during the initial COVID congressional meetings... And you'd still choose the richest member of Congress (who wasn't voted in, btw)over someone who seems to want the best for Georgians? Someone FROM here? Word?
I’m deathly afraid of Kommielalas plans for the 2A and taxes.

If Loeffler loses but Perdue wins then good.

Last edited:

TKOFromTokyo

Jul 20, 2020
I use y'all all the time, but that bitch is from Illinois.

Definitely scripted.

Regardless her opposition is a toolbag and I have to stomach her and Perdue.

She’s originally from Bloomington, IL. She might as well be from the south. That’s how us in Chicagoland view the state.

• LOL
Reactions: QuantumZebra

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
I'm thinking I'm giving up on politics GAF, personally. I hope you don't get pulled down into this madness, friendo. It's very clear many members of GAF were fair-weather fans as the second it became clear Biden was taking office this sub-forum took a dramatic swing in the other direction. Lefty GAF has never been more loud and annoying and Righty GAF has never been more quiet and defeated. It's like being an XBOX stan over here.

The Left presence makes it fucking hilarious. We get to laugh at retarded people all day. Besides, why bail now? The fun is just getting started. The Left’s policies are indefensible; it’s going to be a blast playing offense on these Fucking jerkoffs once the idiot they voted for starts fucking everything up.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Didn’t you vote for Biden dude? I mean, if we are talking about party over policy.

Reactions: TKOFromTokyo

TKOFromTokyo

Jul 20, 2020

It’s arguable than her opponent wants what is best for Georgians. Which Georgians. I understand your complaints about her time in office though. I’d say that should be the biggest factor in voting. Also, why should we not vote for people because they’re not originally from our state? Too bad Illinois didn’t get the memo with Obama. Maybe he would have never have been president. He didn’t do shit for my grandparent’s community when he was an Illinois State Senator. I guess their neighborhood wasn’t the right color for the Southside.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 17, 2017
My SiL early voted last week and now most likely has Covid. It’s the only place she’s been since before Christmas. Maybe I shouldn’t vote tomorrow .

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Last edited:

Kev Kev

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2012
Which ever side loses:

Reactions: BarringGaffner
Jan 9, 2018
The whole idea of standing in line to vote is dated and should never happen at all! Make it painless to vote and people will do it! Mail in voting is the way now; simple and takes less than 5 minutes.

What is a low investment voter and why should they not be allowed to vote?

Effort? That’s your stupid reasoning? Get outta here.

Remarkable that you can only see it in terms of directly disallowing or banning certain individuals to vote. No one is talking about making a hard rule that will make you prove on paper etc that you are sufficiently invested.

However, the normal, implicit mechanisms that require initiative and effort to participate in the political process are both necessary and good.

Why? Look at the alternative: if casting a vote is reduced to the easiest possible action, like clicking a button on an app or checking off a box on a piece of paper with your signature given to you at any time, the ability to harvest and exploit eligible voters skyrockets. Suddenly, you can set up a booth in a college quad and get thousands of votes from students for whom it will quite literally be easier to check the box than to keep being harassed. You can walk into a few local retirement homes and questionably wrangle votes in the hundreds, walking in with blank ballots and out with filled ones every day. Politics on that model becomes something halfway between a pop culture poll on Buzzfeed and a form of guerrilla advertising with easy targets everywhere who only need to offer you about 30 seconds of their time to obtain their vote on a form.

The fact that certain groups like college students historically turn out in low number is not a bug but a feature of the political process. If someone has only a temporary interest in the process or has only encountered you at a booth at the corner trying to obtain their vote on a form, it's important that turning this fleeting moment into a real vote requires the same individual to mark and show up on a particular date and at a particular place to "stand up" for their views and candidate. Unless they have a definite disability or reason that can be documented, that requirement is absolutely critical.

This juvenile notion that voting should just be like an online poll or should be "efficient" (translation: emotional, temporary, fleeting) above all else is so naive about the nature of political actors that it can't be taken seriously.

That’s backwards. The easier it is to vote, the more productive people can be elsewhere. The lower the investment the better. You shouldn’t have to spend really any time trying to vote in person. You don’t have a value oriented mindset.

Oh, but I do. Value and efficiency are quite often in direct contradiction to each other, in every sphere of life and production. Most often, high value output requires implicit friction and less-than complete efficiency to a process.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
Didn’t you vote for Biden dude? I mean, if we are talking about party over policy.

I don't vote... How many times do I have to say it? Seriously, I'm sure I told you this before.

Also... your thing about Warnock preaching about America repenting against whiteness... You're taking a Loeffler campaign ad too literally... Instead of looking into every claim made about the opposition. Almost every post you made in these threads about the senate races paint Warnock as an evil person... I had to look up this sermon myself to see if there were any teeth to it... Nope... Completely out of context...

“If it is true that a man who has dominated the news and poisoned the discussion for months needs to repent, then it is doubly true that a nation that can produce such a man and make his vitriol go viral needs to repent,” he said.​

“No matter what happens next month, the more than a third of the nation that would go along with this is reason to be afraid. America needs to repent for its worship of whiteness on full display this season,” he said.

“No matter what happens next month, the more than a third of the nation that would go along with this is reason to be afraid. America needs to repent for its worship of whiteness on full display this season,” he said.

“Somebody lied and told them that uniformity, that sameness, homogeneity, was the key to their survival. Somebody lied and told them that diversity was a threat to their identity,” Warnock said.

“God made all human beings in God’s image,” Warnock said, arguing it was humans who decided “some human beings are better than other human beings.​

Reactions: sw0mp_d0nk3y

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
I don't vote... How many times do I have to say it? Seriously, I'm sure I told you this before.

Also... your thing about Warnock preaching about America repenting against whiteness... You're taking a Loeffler campaign ad too literally... Instead of looking into every claim made about the opposition. Almost every post you made in these threads about the senate races paint Warnock as an evil person... I had to look up this sermon myself to see if there were any teeth to it... Nope... Completely out of context...

LOL, you don’t see anything wrong with that statement? His words speak for themselves; it’s a disgusting racist comment that paints a whole swath of the country with the same brush

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
LOL, you don’t see anything wrong with that statement? His words speak for themselves; it’s a disgusting racist comment that paints a whole swath of the country with the same brush

I actually don't. Because he's not condemning all white people or even most.

He's condemning the WORSHIP of "whiteness"... The worship of putting white people as better than, as the standard, that black and brown (Asian people are brown too FYI) are inferior to white people.

He SAID race is thought up by men... God made the HUMAN race. His words.

Reactions: GTP_Daverytimes