• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over two months after launch, DICE asks BF4 PS4 players to stress test servers

Fracas

#fuckonami
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064772981612449/

This weekend, we’ll be stress testing the PS4 servers to make potential performance improvements in the future. If you want, hop on and help us! There’ll be a couple DICE developers on the servers if you fancy playing with them.

Note that since this is a dedicated stress test, we are running a few diagnostic tools in the background that might impact server performance.

We will play for two hours on Saturday evening, EU time. If you want to join in, below are all the details you need. If you encounter any specific issues like rubber banding or similar when playing, feel free to post videos of your findings here on the Battlelog forums so we can investigate them. Thanks for your help!

PS4 BF4 Server Stress Test – Please Join!
Server name: DICE - Servertest – Logging [battlelog.battlefield.com] (Search for these in the server browser to find and join them)
Start time: 20:00 CET/11:00 PST [timeanddate.com] (Click link to see corresponding time where you live)
End Time: 22:00 CET/13:00 PST
Platform: PS4
Map: Lancang Dam
Mode: Conquest Large
Gameplay: Just play as normal. If you wants to share a video afterwards with any gameplay issues that occur during this session, that would be great.
What we are testing: We are stress testing the servers. Performance might be sub-par compared to regular play.

Hopefully not old, I searched.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
To be fair, people have been reporting that since the latest patch that map (Lancang Dam) has been lagging sporadically for them. So I'm assuming this is what they're "stress testing" getting people onto one map and server for more data on connections/etc.

Milennia

Ah it would be Lancang.
Thats the map that has had the most issues since launch, im guessing they fell behind in terms of server testing more on this map as opposed to others, even though others do have issues.

Hope they finally get it sorted, i hate playing on that map due to the issues.

Anyone who plays the game regularly, i would suggest actually submitting a video.

To be fair, people have been reporting that since the latest patch that map (Lancang Dam) has been lagging sporadically for them. So I'm assuming this is what they're "stress testing" getting people onto one map and server for more data on connections/etc.
That doesn't make it any less embarassing.

Gaz_RB

This seems fine. At least they are still working to fix their issues. Would you rather them just move on? Yes, it sucks it wasn't perfect when released, but this is them trying to fix their mistakes.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
With so many abandoning the game, not surprised they're having to ask people to come back...

Anyone have the numbers of current players on platforms?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
With so many abandoning the game, not surprised they're having to ask people to come back...

Anyone have the numbers of current players on platforms?

http://bf4stats.com/

Currently online players:
PC - 55,338
PS3 - 58,368
XBOX360 - 39,097
XBOXONE - 29,710
PS4 - 46,707

That doesn't make it any less embarassing.

...Okay?.gif

I don't see how explaining the reason they're doing an "embarrassing" stress test makes it embarrassing, but whatever makes you happy?

Nags

Banned
I will never buy another EA game again.

That's 2 companies that lost my business permanently in 2013.

Shadybiz

Is ps4 screwed up that much over the xb1 version?

PS4 version is much improved over where it was at launch. Actually, aside from the lag on Lancing Dam (and to a lesser extent, Hainan Resort), the multiplayer runs great now. The Dam is terrible with the rubberbanding, though...it's almost like you're running through molasses, or you're in that scene in Nightmare on Elm Street where she's running up the staircase and it turns into glue/goop.

Mononoke

Banned
Why do it people buy EA games? Seriously. Their own fault at some point.

They like the franchises? I agree at a certain point, it's time to walk away. I think the more you have these massive failures on a retail level, and the average consumer starts getting looped in, then more people will start to care.

I hope. :/

I can't think of any other industry where a major retail product can be shipped broken.

gazele

Banned
http://bf4stats.com/

Currently online players:
PC - 55,338
PS3 - 58,368
XBOX360 - 39,097
XBOXONE - 29,710
PS4 - 46,707

...Okay?.gif

I don't see how explaining the reason they're doing an "embarrassing" stress test makes it embarrassing, but whatever makes you happy?

That seems…really low for some reason, maybe its just me

Really hope they get this game fixed up, but I can't see myself buying any more EA games Day one in the near future that's for sure

system11

I'll make sure to play if there's a chance it might help them to improve a game I enjoy - regardless of my feelings on them releasing an untested product it would be silly not to.

KaiserBecks

"Lancang Dam" has been laggy since launch for me. The latest patch only introduced new bugs.

Artex

Banned
PS4 version is much improved over where it was at launch. Actually, aside from the lag on Lancing Dam (and to a lesser extent, Hainan Resort), the multiplayer runs great now. The Dam is terrible with the rubberbanding, though...it's almost like you're running through molasses, or you're in that scene in Nightmare on Elm Street where she's running up the staircase and it turns into glue/goop.

I assume only with conquest? I play rush and don't experience any lag or rubberbanding.

Marleyman

Banned
Betafield 4 continues

Bill-Simmons-Says-Wow-2013-NBA-Draft.gif

antitrop

Because they publish really fun games sometimes?

Battlefield 4 is a great game. Don't regret my purchase at all.

It is a great game. I also do not regret my purchase of BF4 on the PC, but still, DICE needs to get their shit together.

VariantX

...they waited 2 months to ask people to do this?

This shit right here is why you beta your games months before launch and with as many people as possible, not just some handpicked youtube players in perfect conditions. Keep your stupid and backwards thinking marketing dept out of that development process EA.

LtOrange

I am obsessed with BF4 even though it has all these issues. Hopefully they keep working out all the problems and making it even better.

Top Bottom