• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch’s new map, Kanezaka, goes live

Overwatch has a lot of problems and a FFA deathmatch mode will certainly not fix any of them.
I only recently got back into it in preparation for Overwatch 2. I’m having fun but really surprised how bloated the DPS class has become. I’m enjoying the large amount of new heroes as the game feels somewhat fresh to me, but the current state of DPS is problematic. If you’re looking to play DPS on ranked 2-2-2, you’re looking at 15 minute wait times.

edit: I haven’t played in roughly 4 years, so I’m experiencing a decent amount of new content

Last edited:

TheContact

i have over 2k hours into ow. the game sucks. the last map we got was in may of 2019, and that was a "main entry" map, this is a side map that can't even be played in quick play or competittive. for all the money makes, blizzard apparently puts as much effort into this as they do hots, which they also pretty much gave up on. looks like they're just super focusing on ow2, which won't even be out for a couple years. i'm so sick of blizzard. 95% of my gaming time goes to blizzard games but they've been getting worse and worse starting a couple years ago

wipeout364

Overwatch needs to stop focusing on pro league, nobody cares. Make the tanks and support characters fun to play again, knock several DPS characters out of that class (symmetra and Torbjorn back to support) and return to their original designs IMO. Buff tank and support to the point that the DPS queues dry up then they will know they have the game balanced for casual. This is my opinion and as a primary tank/ support player why I left the game and have only played probably 20 matches in the last year. Does anybody actually watch Overwatch pro league?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
How long this game is supported, it's like 2017 when I got it, that's crazy...

MrMephistoX

Either things geavily changed in the last months and I'm unaware, or there's not even a visual upgrade.

One would hope that things have changed? I think the last time we saw it was before the PS5 and SX reveals so a visual upgrade seems necessary unless 2 is going to be a free update for OW1 owners.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Meanwhile in Fortnite:
predator GIF

Are they making an actual sequel? Or just that minor visual upgrade?
I think this is pretty much all we know for now:

Overwatch needs to stop focusing on pro league, nobody cares. Make the tanks and support characters fun to play again, knock several DPS characters out of that class (symmetra and Torbjorn back to support) and return to their original designs IMO. Buff tank and support to the point that the DPS queues dry up then they will know they have the game balanced for casual. This is my opinion and as a primary tank/ support player why I left the game and have only played probably 20 matches in the last year. Does anybody actually watch Overwatch pro league?
Who even watches overwatch pro league? This shit is so bad as spectator game, 99% of the time you have no idea wtf is going on

MiguelItUp

Believe me, I know it sounds ridiculous. The idea of OW2 sounds pretty silly to me, and honestly I don't know how they're going to approach it. But I guess we'll see eventually. 🤷‍♂️

I'm just wondering if I'll care TBH. I dug OW quite a bit for a few weeks after release, then just put it down forever. Then just cried because I want TF3 and that will never happen apparently.

Top Bottom