• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Crossplay Is Finally on the Way

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Actually accessing crossplay -- when live -- in Overwatch requires a couple of steps from players using the new Battle.net account features. Basically, crossplay requires connecting players' various platforms together with Battle.net as the bridge. Based on the announcement and FAQ, it would appear that this is thankfully a relatively straightforward and painless process. As an added bonus, Blizzard also announced that anyone that participates in the upcoming crossplay beta by doing the previous and logs into Overwatch by December 31st will also receive a Golden Loot Box to celebrate the launch.

Kholinar

Banned
  • Only PC players are barred from crossplay in Ranked modes.
How will the Series X factor into crossplay, then? Do they just steamroll PSN players due to the 120fps patch which PS5 still doesn't have?

HTK

Banned
How will the Series X factor into crossplay, then? Do they just steamroll PSN players due to the 120fps patch which PS5 still doesn't have?

So hold on, PS5 and Xbox folks will not be playing PC players in ranked? That's awesome if true.

Irobot82

LOL I don't think that is as large of a steam roll as M+KB compared to Controller.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Great! As long as they separate PC and console player pools somewhere in there, that's fantastic. Crossplay in CoD is a fucking nightmare.

So hold on, PS5 and Xbox folks will not be playing PC players in ranked? That's awesome if true.
PC and console Overwatch are different games. They have entirely different set of stats for heroes and skills because they are balanced differently.

The Torbjörn turrets, for example, are easily taken out by PC gamers, but if they were imported as is into Consoles then console gamers get murdered by them. So the turrets on Console are far weaker.

Renozokii

Lol I haven’t played over watch in like 3 or 4 years but would steam roll most x players that think 120fps gives some distinct advantage.

FeldMonster

Tried logging in to Overwatch (Just to play, unrelated to crossplay), and it won't let me without some Battle.net garbage.

I guess crossplay is forced on by default. Screw Overwatch, I guess I won't be playing anymore.

Top Bottom