• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch gets Summer Games update (new mode in Weekly Brawl, new skins/etc)

D7n

Only been getting level up boxes (maybe 5) with not much to write home about. After a few days of not playing, leveling to 17 tonight got me Track and Field Tracer! Thank you RNG Olympic Gods!

Mush

I'm so so sorry everyone.

Last box I got the 'merica McCree skin. The one before that I got this:

X7kdBLF.jpg

And now...

qcqJguI.jpg

I am a rotten scumbag and you have every right to hate me.

Finally got everything I wanted - Tracer's Sprinter skin, Golfer 76 pose (and avatar), and McCree's American skin. It only took hours and hours of grinding, and $20 to finally get them.

Zomba13

So far I've got:
Sweedish Torb x2
American Mccree
Tracer's Highlight
Junkrat's Highlight
Lucio's Highlight
Zarya's Weighlifter (red)
Tracer's Sprinter (GB)
Winston medal victory
Zenyatta medal victory
Mei medal victory

And I've recently looped back around to the low levels and am at 204 so still have some fast loot boxes to come.

Dunno how many levels I've gone up. I've lost count. More than 20 though.

I've started looking through what I am missing...

Skins Missing:

• Nihon (Genji)
  • Track and Field (Tracer)
Emotes Missing:

• Juggle (Lúcio)
Victory Poses Missing:

• Medal (Pharah)
  • Medal (Winston)
  • Medals (Zenyatta)
Missing Voice Lines:

• Overcome All Obstacles (Mei)
  • t's In The Refrigerator (Reaper)
  • I Don't Much Like Losing (McCree)
  • Piece Of Cake (Mercy)
  • 100% German Power (Reinhardt)
Missing Sprays:

• Hanzo (Archery)
  • Junkrat Spray (Tennis)
  • Lúcio (Football)
  • Zenyatta (Taekwondo)
Missing Highlight Intros:

• None
....maybe I will get them before the end

Yaari

I'm level 65 so no way I was going to get back to 1 again. I havent gotten anything but I did get an orange drop and for a second forgot that it could still be one of the regular skins, which it was. Very unfortunate, it was a Mercy skin. Ugh.

I probably wont be getting any skins for this one.

Just promoted.... Can I save the loot boxes until the next event? Because I have both tracer skins, Genji, window maker, and both Lucio skins for the olympics. Don't really care about McCree or Zarya.

Salarians

Just promoted.... Can I save the loot boxes until the next event? Because I have both tracer skins, window maker, and both Lucio skins for the olympics. Don't really care about McCree or Zarya.
No, loot box contents are generated and fixed the moment you get the loot box.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish I were a whale, opened 20 boxes I earned from playing and got neither of the items I wanted, without spending huge amounts of cash it's just not going to happen and I can't afford to. Every event will just be a disappointment because currency can't be used. I'm a sad panda.

Squire

Banned
Finally got D.va, so I'm all good! Finally liking Zarya though, so it'd be nice to get her other skin before the event is over.

MUnited83

For you.
Not a single Summer Skin so far. The only thing wortwhile until now is the victory pose for Tobjorn where he hugs his turret with a Gold medal. Everything else was spray spray spray spray spray voice line spray spray

Pooya

I'm only missing widowmaker, genji and tracer skins. Got everything else. I hope get one of the tracer's, don't care about widow and don't play genji anyways.

MartyStu

Played Tracer seriously for the first time today. Had a ton of fun.

My only problem with her so far is confusingly thinking I can use her dashes like Genji's in order to get to get verticality.

Talonz

All I keep thinking now is Lucioball is delaying Mystery Hero's as the weekly brawl. Haven't seen that brawl since launch.

Permanently A

Would legitimately cash in my Torb epic and Lucio soccer legendary for Nihon Genji

I would even give up my American McCree I'm fucking terribad with him.

cwistofu

Dropped more money on boxes cuz I'm a rube.

Finally got K.Ra. Also got Tracer's summer highlight intro and Swedish Torb. My three legendaries were the same Lucio summer costume that I already got in my first summer box.

Great. But that's fine, time to rep the blue/white D.Va!

Evo X

I just bought this game last night and played maybe 3 matches.

My first loot box got me the Track & Field Tracer skin and second one got me American Mccree.

Don't know much about Overwatch, but friend said that was pretty lucky.

I just bought this game last night and played maybe 3 matches.

My first loot box got me the Track & Field Tracer skin and second one got me American Mccree.

Don't know much about Overwatch, but friend said that was pretty lucky.

Go do the lottery right now

Top Bottom