• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch gets Summer Games update (new mode in Weekly Brawl, new skins/etc)

Salarians

The only things left that I really want are Torbjorn's win pose and Reinhardt's spray. Any of the flag skins would be neat but I don't need them.

hydruxo

Just bought 11 lootboxes and got 4 legendaries

Track & Field Tracer
Striker Lucio
Raptorian Pharah (Dupe)
Currency

Also got Mercy's Swiss skin.

So glad I got at least got one of the Tracer skins, but I still want Sprinter more haha. Might end up buying another 11 before the event ends.

Do we have an exact time for this ending? I am currently on Level 89. Not sure If I can play enough to reach LVL100 to enjoy the XP reset to get a few more boxes in quick succession.

I know it is the 22nd, but depending on timezones and what time Blizz sets as a cutoff point that could mean many hours difference.

The last thing I really want is Lucio Juggle Emote. I am missing two Flags to complete that collection, but I can easily let those go.

I wonder will Blizz see a big spike in loot box purchases in the next few days as some out there panic buy to luck into an item they missed out on all event?

duckroll

Tuesdays are the usual update days, so I expect that the Summer Games will end with the new patch which will add laughing and sitting emotes for everyone. I think it's usually 9am PST?

Tuesdays are the usual update days, so I expect that the Summer Games will end with the new patch which will add laughing and sitting emotes for everyone. I think it's usually 9am PST?

Thanks. That is approx 72 hours then if they work to that date. Might be able to get to 100 (and more) with luck. And get Lucio Juggle with even more luck.

Firebrand

Hope it lasts until then... spent too much money on boxes cause I'm an idiot and still no Torbjörn skin. cryyyy.

Bought $20 worth of boxes unlocked Zarya's white summer games skin 3 times.... Got the blue Tracer one though.. twice. I think they must've upped the chance of getting a legendary box because I got like 15 legendary items out of 24 boxes.

I really just want the D.va voice line at this point. And I know I'll never get it without wasting more money.

Bollocks

bought 24 lootboxes and of course I didn't get the one single thing I wanted, the lucio skin.
got the japanese genji skin 2x, people will probably hate me for that but I couldn't care less, at least got the tracer and zarya olympic skin

Auctopus

I really hope they change it up for the next event. I managed to get three duplicate tracer sprinter skins during the Summer Games, it really was bullshit the way they handled all this. Duplicates just need to be gone full stop.

MUnited83

For you.
voice line
spray
spray
spray
spray
spray
one skin for a character i do not use
voice line
voice line
voice line
spray
spray

Man I really hope the event repeats anually.

ramyeon

Did not hear anything about the summer games event being annual and this content appearing next year, where did they say that.
It was on the developer stream on Twitch. The devs said that their seasonal events would be annual and they are thinking of adding new content to them each year.

They want new players to see people using seasonal skins and think "Oh that's a cool skin, can't wait 'till the Summer event so I can have a chance at getting it".

Clipse

Did not hear anything about the summer games event being annual and this content appearing next year, where did they say that.

Scroll down a bit to the blue post:
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747905428?page=7#post-134

Our Summer Games are on a yearly schedule -- not a 4 year schedule. Our plan would be to have the items available again when the event recurs. Perhaps we add new content to it as well? We're not sure yet... we're seeing what works and what doesn't.

Ugh....

At this point I only need like 3 voices, 2 sprays, and Torbs win pose (Excluding the Flag icons, which I don't give a shit about and seem rare as hell for some reason anyway).

Not sure if I want to do one last set of loot chests, or just wait until next year. Just feels annoying having an incomplete list for characters, but I'm gonna be even more annoyed if I spend another 20-40$ to see Lucio's Legendary another 5+ times and not a single item I don't have.

Roubjon

That's the second Loot Box in a row where I've gotten all duplicates. I think I've given up on getting the D.Va and Tracer skins.

MUnited83

For you.
UivPbwA.jpg
lebronwinner.gif

bender

What time is it?
92 loot boxes later and I finished out my Lucio set. Still missing the Genji skin. Urge to purchase boxes has risen after the last few days of quick play. Yuck!

Finaj

Got my final box before the event ends... and I got Track and Field Tracer!

Strangely, I only other skin I got was Zarya's Olympic skin in the first box I was given.

Well, I'm satisfied.

Got every skin except for Torbs. This was fun and I'm looking forward to a Halloween or Holiday event where I will drown in boxes once more.

Ok so according to the psn store we have until 11:59 pm on 8/22 to get summer loot boxes. Since I'm at level 99 I'll try and get a good 20 boxes when I get home from work tomorrow.

Blizzard

Banned
Out of maybe 15-20 boxes (perhaps I'm underestimating?) I got a Zarya skin (really wanted), Widow skin (pretty bad), and some minor stuff.

I would have liked the Symmetra dance or at least one other skin, but I suppose it was not to be.

Top Bottom