• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch gets Summer Games update (new mode in Weekly Brawl, new skins/etc)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Probably opened 42-44 boxes and still didn't get the skins and emotes I really wanted lol.

Same, opened at least 40 and didn't get either of the items I wanted. I bought 5 boxes last night as a final last ditch attempt and got absolutely nothing from it, I may as well have tossed the money down the toilet.

Ken

no only his ult sword can be gold

CnC-1b3VUAAYUaE.jpg

?

EndMerit

Let's see... I've got Genji's Japan skin, Lucio's Brazilian skin, McCree's USA, Tracer's Track and Field, Widowmaker's Tricolore and Zarya's red skin, plus some sprays, player icons and few medal poses. Pretty awesome results so I can't really complain, but I wish I could still get Torbjorn's and D.Va's skins and Lucio's highlight intro, at least.

arent both his swords gold?

They are.

Of all the skins it's the only one where I like the gold weapon. I didn't had the Nihon skin when I bought the gold weapon for Genji, because I thought it would look cool on the carbon fiber skin, but it sucks. The sword scabbard is white and the sword itself is gold/green when the rest of the skin is clearly blue... why?

Firebrand

If they do this again there at least should be an event currency from dupes and coin items, so you can get _something_ you really want.

Tuffty

If they do this again there at least should be an event currency from dupes and coin items, so you can get _something_ you really want.

I'd just keep it as credits as they do for current legendaries. If they want to make it rare, then only make it available for the duration of the event and bump up the price by double. You'll either obtain what you want out of a lootbox or pay for it, but if you have the ability to buy something at double, then that means you've played a shit ton of Overwatch so you probably earned it.

Roubjon

I'd just keep it as credits as they do for current legendaries. If they want to make it rare, then only make it available for the duration of the event and bump up the price by double. You'll either obtain what you want out of a lootbox or pay for it, but if you have the ability to buy something at double, then that means you've played a shit ton of Overwatch so you probably earned it.

It bugs me Blizzard doesn't see it this way. Also, by making it cost double means only the people who have played it an insane amount even have the chance to buy a lot of stuff. Most people would be able to get 1 to 3 items and then be out of currency.

Got both of tracers skins, one of each for zarya and lucio, americree, d.va korean one, swiss mercy, widowmaker, tracer and lucios highlight intro, symm's emote, and a whoooooole lot of voice lines / sprays. Pretty nice haul, but my hands ache so much... 2 full weekends of grinding lol.

Going to shoot for Dad76 golf pose / Nihon Genji / Bastion emote / Junkrat into tonight. I'm at lvl 199, so I'm going to get to 201 for the lower exp loot boxes :)

Tovarisc

It bugs me Blizzard doesn't see it this way. Also, by making it cost double means only the people who have played it an insane amount even have the chance to buy a lot of stuff. Most people would be able to get 1 to 3 items and then be out of currency.

Which would be fine if Blizzard really wants to play "They are supposed to be rare!" angle without making it seem like cash grab because most efficient way to get event shit is to use €'s.

Got both of tracers skins, one of each for zarya and lucio, americree, d.va korean one, swiss mercy, widowmaker, tracer and lucios highlight intro, symm's emote, and a whoooooole lot of voice lines / sprays. Pretty nice haul, but my hands ache so much... 2 full weekends of grinding lol.

Going to shoot for Dad76 golf pose / Nihon Genji / Bastion emote / Junkrat into tonight. I'm at lvl 199, so I'm going to get to 201 for the lower exp loot boxes :)

That all just from 2 weekends of grind? Fuck you are one lucky bastard then. I have grinded whole effing event and gotten only 1 thing that I actually want.

I never did quite manage to get that GBR Tracer skin despite opening over 50 boxes (all of which were gained through leveling up!!)

Maybe next year Tracer :(

It took me about 75, got her in the last 10 boxes. Fist punched so great I nearly put a hole through the ceiling

After doing nothing but playing Overwatch in my free time for the past few weeks, my haul is:

Skins:
Both Lucio skins
Both Tracer skins
Red Zarya skin
Torbjorn
Genji
D.Va
McCree
(Missing Mercy and Widowmaker)

Emotes:
Bastion
Lucio

Intros:
Tracer
Lucio

I'm sad I missed Symmetra's emote and spray along with D.Va's "I'm #1" but otherwise I got all that I wanted without spending anything.

Don't know if I'll be doing this every event though, it burned me out a bit.

Same, opened at least 40 and didn't get either of the items I wanted. I bought 5 boxes last night as a final last ditch attempt and got absolutely nothing from it, I may as well have tossed the money down the toilet.
You got currency though! For things you can already buy and probably don't want! Yay!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You got currency though! For things you can already buy and probably don't want! Yay!

Sitting on over 2000c, would have happily spent it on the Tracer skin but noooooo, instead I have to feel like shit because I didn't get it, just so Blizzard can bleed their customers dry instead of *just* making a fortune which they still would have even if we could buy stuff with currency.

I tried to buy loot boxes last night and could only get Summer Games. Why are normal ones not even an option? I hate all of these skins. Except American McCree.

Tovarisc

I tried to buy loot boxes last night and could only get Summer Games. Why are normal ones not even an option? I hate all of these skins. Except American McCree.

Because it's what they are pushing with this event. Even branded loot boxes up for sale so you can have "easier" access to even loot.

jediyoshi

Because it would make the fact that the summer boxes also contain regular items more suspect. If you were playing the odds, you'd be hard up on running into any of the skins in any case.

I ended up spending a total of $30 and leveled up a ton. Got everything I wanted, finishing off with finally getting American McCree last night.

Funny enough, once the 'newness' wore off I didn't like Weightlifting Zarya or Track and Field Tracer nearly as much as Midnight Zarya (need the pink hair) or Sporty Tracer, and have since switched them back. Next time I think i'll try to be a little more cautious of whether or not I actually like a skin because it's good or because it's different.

No regrets though, AmeriCree at least is a top tier skin.

benzopil

After 50 lootboxes I got almost every skin I want except Tracer's and Mercy's and didn't get ANY victory poses or highlights. Really unfortunate, hopefully next event will be more player friendly.

Ghazi

After 50 lootboxes I got almost every skin I want except Tracer's and Mercy's and didn't get ANY victory poses or highlights. Really unfortunate, hopefully next event will be more player friendly.
The way it works now is making them money, it won't be any more player friendly.

Niks

Didn't buy a single loot box, got like 6 Summer skins (mercy dva and genji included). Didn't get any emotes or poses tho.

Hopefully all the summer loot becomes available in the near future.

I opened around 10 summer games boxes through the three weeks and got Lucio's Seleção skin in what is likely going to be my last. With that and Symmetra's ribbon emote, I'm pretty happy.

Izayoi

Banned
I got everything except for American McCree and 76's golf pose.

I still hate the way it was done, but I'm a happy camper...

mjc

Got all the skins I wanted minus Nihon Genji...I guess I'll try and see if I get him in a few boxes tonight. I spent money on boxes during this event and I feel dirty doing so. Lesson learned for the future.

gurudyne

Played again for one more crate--got the glorious legendary-epic-rare-common combo! Two dupes, one shitty player icon, but the legendary was-------coins. I'm done. Fuck it. Legendary coins in a timed gimmick crate where you can't buy loot with said coins is just so much BS.

Blizzard

Banned
Played again for one more crate--got the glorious legendary-epic-rare-common combo! Two dupes, one shitty player icon, but the legendary was-------coins. I'm done. Fuck it. Legendary coins in a timed gimmick crate where you can't buy loot with said coins is just so much BS.
I had that happen too. Finally, a legendary drops in a summer crate! You won't get another for 10-20 levels! And it's...coins you can't use!

The only skins I'm missing that I care about are D.Va and GBR Tracer, but I'm pretty happy with what I've gotten. Here's hoping they handle events better next time around.

Tovarisc

The only skins I'm missing that I care about are D.Va and GBR Tracer, but I'm pretty happy with what I've gotten. Here's hoping they handle events better next time around.

This model printed them insane moneys over duration of SG so I wouldn't hold my breath about anything being different in next time exclusive event.

Veggy

I grinded 40 lootboxes during this shitty event and the only skins I got are AmeriCree and Weightlifter Zarya, didn't get the one I wanted most (Sprinter Tracer)

I refuse to pay money to support Blizz on such a shady fucking gambling practice where it doesn't even let you use ingame currency to buy the skins

Fuck Blizzard regarding the whole Olympic event, seriously

Roubjon

Between my girlfriend and I there were at least 150 Loot Boxes purchased and neither of us got D.Va's Skin. That's not including the 40ish boxes we gained through leveling. So ridiculous.

Dad

Got the skins for D. Va, Genji, Lucio (striker), McCree, Torbjorn, Tracer (both), and Zarya (champion). Plus the Symmetra emote and Junkrat highlight intro. Not a bad haul for around 25 loot boxes and no extra purchases. Still kinda wish I had gotten the Mercy skin though.

LiK

Between my girlfriend and I there were at least 150 Loot Boxes purchased and neither of us got D.Va's Skin. That's not including the 40ish boxes we gained through leveling. So ridiculous.

i know she's your main in Comp. that's tragic.

Top Bottom