• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch gets Summer Games update (new mode in Weekly Brawl, new skins/etc)

Paltheos

Well, I fell to the dark side. I've played a ton of OW the past month and got allot of what I wanted but not nearly enough, so I decided 'fuck it I'm making one, giant splurge'. Spent $40 on loot boxes and got nearly everything (I thought I was going to have terrible luck too). I got every skin except American McCree and the white Zarya legendary, I got every highlight reel. and I got nearly everything else. A few player icons, sprays, and victory poses missed but overall a good spread.

I want a few of the things I missed but not enough to drop down more $. I dropped a bunch of money, got a not terrible spread, and that's good enough for me.

LiK

Well, I fell to the dark side. I've played a ton of OW the past month and got allot of what I wanted but not nearly enough, so I decided 'fuck it I'm making one, giant splurge'. Spent $40 on loot boxes and got nearly everything (I thought I was going to have terrible luck too). I got every skin except American McCree and the white Zarya legendary, I got every highlight reel. and I got nearly everything else. A few player icons, sprays, and victory poses missed but overall a good spread.

I want a few of the things I missed but not enough to drop down more $. I dropped a bunch of money, got a not terrible spread, and that's good enough for me.

welcome to the dark side.

Well, all said and done, I got about half I wanted.

Got summer tracer, summer Lucio, American Mcree, and sweetish Torg. Also got lucio and tracer highlights.

And oddly, got Steambot Bastion and young Hanzo.

Would have really loved that Zar skin though, and Korean D.Va and japan Genji, but oh well. Hopefully we get a better event at Halloween or Christmas/winter/etc.

No Genji, DVA, Widow, or either Tracer Skin for me. Also wanted Golfer 76 and Lucio emote but no luck in 50 plus levels.

I plan on writing as much negative feedback as possible if they release a survey for the event. I hope others follow suit.

Mik317

got both Tracers last night.

No lucios, No Mercy, no DVA. Got everything else.

not bad

except the part where I play all 3 of those....

My missing things...

Skins

Champion (Zarya)
Seleção (Lúcio)*

Voice

Overcome All Obstacles (Mei)*
It's In The Refrigerator (Reaper)*
Playtime's Over (Winston)
No Pain, No Gain (Zarya)

Emote

Juggle (Lucio)*

Flags

UK
Russia
Mexico
Brazil

This is from about 75 boxes (24 of which I bought). I am at Level 97 now. If the game lets me play a bit more in a few hours I might be able to get a big influx of boxes once I tick over 100. I stared the ones I would like to get before this ends if possible...

I got:

Legendary
Tracer Union Jack
Lucio Brazil
Lucio white
Zarya white

Epic skins
American Mcree
Nihon Genji
Torbjorn
Dva
Widowmaker

Intro
Tracer
Junkrat

Emotes
Boxer Bastion
Lucio football

Victory Poses
Reaper
Torb
Zenyatta
Mei
Soldier 76

And pretty much every voice line.
I was disappointed I didn't get Mercy' skin. But, ah well, can't win them all.

Doubtful I'll be spending real money on one of these events again though. From now on it's in-game currency or nothing.

Blues1990

From leveling up and purchasing the occasional loot crate, this is what I've unlocked for the heroes in the Summer Sports series:

Ana:
-Voice Line
-Spray

Bastion:
-Voice Line

D.Va:
-Taegeukgi Skin
-Voice Line
-Spray

Genji:
-Nihon Skin
-Voice Line
-Spray

Hanzo:
-Voice Line

Junkrat:
-Voice Line
-Spray
-Highlight Intro

Lucio:
-Selecao & Striker Skin
-Emote
-Spray
-Highlight Intro

McCree:
-Voice Line
-Spray

Mei:
-Victory Pose
-Voice Line

Mercy:
-Eidgenossin Skin
-Voice Line
-Spray

Pharah:
-Voice Lline
-Spray

Reaper:
Nothing. :(

Reinhardt:
-Voice Line
-Spray

Roadhog:
-Spray

Soldier 76:
-Victory Pose
-Voice Line
-Spray

Symmetra:
-Spray

Torbjorn:
-The Kroner Skin
-Victory Pose
-Voice Line
-Spray

Tracer:
-Sprinter/Track & Field Skin
-Highlight Intro

Widowmaker:
-Victory Pose
-Voice Line
-Spray

Winston:
-Victory Pose
-Voice Line
-Spray

Zarya:
-Weightlifter Skin
-Voice Line
-Spray

Zenyatta:
-Victory Pose
-Voice Line
-Spray

All in all, I was able to get the skins that I wanted (Zarya & Lucio), so I'm pretty happy on that end.

exfatal

Got pretty good haul only thingsi wanted and didnt get were the D.va korean skin and Mercy Swiss. Got Genji's skin last second so was happy.

BPK

I levelled up from 18 to 42 during the event and got white Lucio outfit, American McCree, and, on my final loot box, Nihon Genji. All things considered, I'm pretty happy, especially with Genji. I would have loved the Tracer outfits but I refuse to spend real money on loot boxes.

By the way, when does the event officially end?

Blues1990

I levelled up from 18 to 42 during the event and got white Lucio outfit, American McCree, and, on my final loot box, Nihon Genji. All things considered, I'm pretty happy, especially with Genji. I would have loved the Tracer outfits but I refuse to spend real money on loot boxes.

By the way, when does the event officially end?

Today is the last day, so everything is going to revert to the default layout until the next seasonal event starts later this year.

darklin0

Banned
93hJaQv.jpg

FML. ]:

Edit: To clarify, this is my 5th time getting that skin.

All I really want is the Genji Nihon skin, but after about 10 Summer Games loot boxes, no luck.

Oh well, hopefully they'll do some Halloween shit and I'll get something dope then.

bender

What time is it?
Just pulled a purple. Got really excited. It wasn't Genji's skin. But it was Lucio's highlight intro! Yay!

His highlight and emote are the best.

Seems like I got more gold items than purple from boxes during the event. I'm probably imaging things because I've been striking out on Genji. I think I'm going to cave and buy 50 boxes.

Boke1879

I really need to get back into this game, but my backlog has to come first. I'm going to feel like such a noob when i play this again lol.

Cels

gonna try and get two more boxes tonight

but it's looking like my haul for skins is

Widowmaker - tricolore
Mercy - Swiss
Lucio - White striker
Zarya - White weightlifter

I'm just not going to get the Symmetra emote, so I'll go ahead and list my haul.

Bastion:
Boxing Emote
Voice Line

Genji:
Fencing Spray

Hanzo:
Voice Line
Archery Spray

Lucio:
Selecao
Juggle Emote

Mcree:
American
Voice Line
Equestrian Spray

Mei:
Medal Pose

Pharah:
Basketball Spray

Reaper:
Medal Pose

Reinhardt:
Voice Line
Wrestling Spray

Roadhog:
Diving Spray

Soldier: 76
Golf Swing Pose
Voice Line

Symmetra (Goddammit):
Dance Spray

Torbjorn:
Tre Kronor
Voice Line

Tracer:
Track and Field
Sprinter

Windowmaker:
Tricolore

Winston:
Volleyball Spray

Zarya:
Champion

Zenyatta:
Taekwondo Spray

I miss almost everything Summer Games related.

Better like this than getting mad something is missing and paying for shitty loot boxes with no luck.

After some time i realized its a first person game and you dont see shit anyway and its just your weapon and arms.

Reule

Wanted either of the two Zarya skins and American Mcree. Didn't get them but basically everything else. Genji Skin is cool.

What time today does the olympic event end?

4PM Pacific
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748496967
After 4pm PT on August 23, the Summer Games collection will head back into the vault, and our standard Loot Boxes will reappear. Anyone who has unopened Summer Games Loot Boxes after this time will still be able to open them and get Summer Games loot, while Loot Boxes that are earned or purchased after 4pm PT on August 23 will contain items from our standard selection. (Note: the Loot Box transition will happen at 8pm PT today for PlayStation 4 players in Japan.)

Cels

gonna try and get two more boxes tonight

but it's looking like my haul for skins is

Widowmaker - tricolore
Mercy - Swiss
Lucio - White striker
Zarya - White weightlifter

RNGesus smiles on me, got american mcree in my first box since this post

KarmaCow

It's fitting that probably my last summer games box had the same skin for the third time (for a character I don't play) and a shitty duplicate spray.

Cels

Wait, so does it end in 20 min or tomorrow??

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748496967#post-1

4pm PST

During the month of August, players have been enjoying Overwatch's first seasonal event. With the festivities winding down, we wanted to give you a few details about the end of Summer Games.

After 4pm PT on August 23, the Summer Games collection will head back into the vault, and our standard Loot Boxes will reappear. Anyone who has unopened Summer Games Loot Boxes after this time will still be able to open them and get Summer Games loot, while Loot Boxes that are earned or purchased after 4pm PT on August 23 will contain items from our standard selection. (Note: the Loot Box transition will happen at 8pm PT today for PlayStation 4 players in Japan.)

The Estádio das Rãs, home of Lúcioball, will also be closing its doors at 4pm tomorrow, so be sure rack up a few last-minute goals before then.

We hope you’ve enjoyed the Summer Games, and we're looking forward to the future of seasonal events like this. Thank you for all of the feedback you’ve provided us, and we hope to keep improving season after season.

Thanks for joining us in Rio, heroes!

mollipen

"Eh, I'll try to see if I can earn one last loot box before this event is over," I told myself this evening. "Who knows, maybe it'll be something."

And then, it appeared: D.Va's alt. The only remaining thing I really wanted to get. I got my red-outfitted Zarya (from my free box). I got my Symmetra emote. I got the coveted GRB Tracer alt. I got the beautiful Swiss alt for my beloved Mercy. I got American McCree and Japanese Genji and BMX Reaper spray (I'll never play them, but cool to have). And now, I got my D.Va in my final box.

I won gold in these Summer Games. The RNGoddess looked down upon me, smiled, and blessed me.

Chanser

Total haul.
D.VA skin
Torbjorn skin and medal pose
Symmetra emote
Lucio striker skin and emote
McCree skin
Bastion boxing emote
Tracer GB skin and hurdle intro
Mei medal pose
Soldier golf swing pose

I wouldn't mind owning Mercy swiss skin.

ramyeon

You're kidding yourself if you think this same or similar event with country-themed items will be back next summer.
Except they have said it will be?

I mean, how many times does this really need to be clarified?

Our Summer Games are on a yearly schedule -- not a 4 year schedule. Our plan would be to have the items available again when the event recurs. Perhaps we add new content to it as well? We're not sure yet... we're seeing what works and what doesn't.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747905428?page=7#post-134

Chindogg

"Eh, I'll try to see if I can earn one last loot box before this event is over," I told myself this evening. "Who knows, maybe it'll be something."

And then, it appeared: D.Va's alt. The only remaining thing I really wanted to get. I got my red-outfitted Zarya (from my free box). I got my Symmetra emote. I got the coveted GRB Tracer alt. I got the beautiful Swiss alt for my beloved Mercy. I got American McCree and Japanese Genji and BMX Reaper spray (I'll never play them, but cool to have). And now, I got my D.Va in my final box.

I won gold in these Summer Games. The RNGoddess looked down upon me, smiled, and blessed me.

That was the one skin I really wanted.

Many loot boxes later and I still never got it.

Eternal sadness.

BigDug13

Play Lucio main, paid $20 for boxes, played a bunch. Zero Lucio skins or emotes or highlights. Lots of currency with nothing to spend it on. Thanks Blizzard.

Wanderer5

Think I only got the epic skin for D.Va and Torbjorn, along with Striker Lucio, and Champion Zarya.

Like the other skin for Lucio a bit more, but Striker is still pretty nice. Actually gotten not only that skin, but also his summer games emote, highlight intro, and player icon lol. Pretty good for what is one of my mains.

LordofPwn

Just got the Genji Skin.
Still missing boxing emote
British tracer skin
Mercy skin

Got a bunch of good stuff.

Hope they drop not being able to use currency to get the stuff for future events (please bring octoberfest/Halloween) or make it so next year you can use currency and the new stuff is still behind RNG

Top Bottom