• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch gets Summer Games update (new mode in Weekly Brawl, new skins/etc)

I got pretty much everything I wanted except for the Union Jack Tracer and Nihon Genji skins. It's still so damn painful because it feels like everyone online got those two but me ;_;
All I wanted was the American flag player icon. I ended up getting Brazil player icon 3 damn times and genji skin twice.

I played long and hard for that damn icon that never came. Went from level 166 to 207 and while I got a bunch of skins, I never got my flag icon :(
And I managed to get Zarya's red champion skin 3 times :/

Why couldn't Blizz have just turned off dups for the 2 week period during this event?

Maddocks

All I wanted was the American flag player icon. I ended up getting Brazil player icon 3 damn times and genji skin twice.

I played long and hard for that damn icon that never came. Went from level 166 to 207 and while I got a bunch of skins, I never got my flag icon :(

Symbiotx

My luck must really be on point because I got so many of the skins... The only one I didn't get that I would've liked is the genji and maybe dva. I did throw down some money for some boxes though.

Ones I got:
Widowmaker
Tracer (both)
Torb
Mercy
Zarya (red)
Mcree

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Farmed an extra 3 due to the extension and nothing, 53 boxes should be plenty to get what you want but with these dupes and the shit drop chance in general it's just not.

In the end, I wound up with Lucio's Seleção and Zarya's Weightlifter, as well as a bunch of good sprays (Mei table tennis and Soldier golf my favs) and Junkrat and Lucio's special intros. Not bad! All I really wanted was Tracer's track and field, but hey, what can you do.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
So, it's finally over huh? Now I can finally stop neglecting my backlog and put Overwatch to rest until Season 2 starts.

UberLevi

No ponytail Zarya, no American McCree, no Golf pose Soldier 76...

All I got worth noting was Tracer's new legendary skin, but even that isn't as good as T. Racer, nor as charming as the default.

Rhoc

Got every skin except the french Widowmaker and Zaryas red weightlifting. Bought only 24 boxes so i kinda lucked out i guess.

NeoRaider

Opened more than 25 boxes (all earned from playing, not with the real money). And i got 80% of sprays and voice lines, even some duplicates i think. Only 2 or 1 skin if i am not wrong.

Mat-triX

The summer games are done, but going to the loot box purchase screen still shows "Summer Games Loot Boxes". Can anyone confirm if you can still BUY summer crates?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So, it's finally over huh? Now I can finally stop neglecting my backlog and put Overwatch to rest until Season 2 starts.

Exactly the same here, I really need a break from the game.

The summer games are done, but going to the loot box purchase screen still shows "Summer Games Loot Boxes". Can anyone confirm if you can still BUY summer crates?

I bought some about 6 hours ago...

Edit: Looks like they fixed it. On the 'open loot box' screen you can tab over to the summer games box even if you have 0 of them. However if you click 'shop' there, the buying options are now once again the regular boxes.

KraytarJ

I ended up with Swiss Mercy, white kit Lucio, and Union Jack Tracer. Along with a bunch of other shit, with the main other things of note being BMX Reapsy and the South Korean flag icon that I'm just using for some reason.

I'm just glad I got rockem sockem Bastion and Swiss Army Mercy.

(Also pretty much everything else, both tracer skins, the 'neutral' Zarya and Lucio (glad I got the white Zarya, mad I got the white Lucio), gengi and Mccree and D.Va. Biggest miss was the Tjorborn SWE skin, and some of the emotes/poses. Overall, can't complain.)

One of the last boxes I opened yesterday gave me a Lucio Juggle Emote, which was the last emote I was missing. That means I got everything except one of Lucio's skins, two voice lines (Mei and Reaper), and three flags.

I started this event at Level 52 and and now 110. I also bought 24 boxes on a whim. I felt most of my good drops came from level up boxes though. One of the level up boxes was a Triple Orange.

Because of the event, at the fact I do not spend them, I am swimming in coins. On or around 10,000 right now I think. I got a bunch of legendary coins drops during this event for some reason, and a bunch of skin dupes too.

I just noticed you can still buy Summer Loot Boxes on PSN. That is bit sketchy leaving them up when you can no longer earn them.

I think I will hold onto the coins until Halloween in hope Blizzard will slightly change event rules this time and let us buy stuff with them. They could simply make event items cost 20% more coins than normal items in each colour bracket to make them seem more exclusive.

Yukinari

Its gonna be even worse if they add more summer items next year to further dilute the item pool.

I guess i should count myself as lucky for getting 99% of the summer items but it took hours of playing everyday and spending money to do so.

I kinda get the fact that Blizzard wants the summer loot to be somewhat rare, so that's why you can't spend coins on them. If they're going in that direction, though, I really think they should get rid of duplicates. At least for the duration of the event. Earned three or four loot boxes the last day, but no Nihon Genji. Hopefully he comes back next year, but I'm not too bothered by it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I just noticed you can still buy Summer Loot Boxes on PSN. That is bit sketchy leaving them up when you can no longer earn them.
OS quirk I think. I tried buying one an hour or two after the event ended and it spat out an error code. Tried again a few times and eventually the summer boxes were gone from the menu. OS probably caches the DLC listing or something.

skny

Out of 20 boxes from leveling, I got Weighlifting Zarya, American Mcree and Swedish Torbjorn also 2 other classic legendaries. I'm pretty happy. Now gonna wait for Eichenwalde/Season 2.

Top Bottom