• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Halloween Terror 2017 coming October 10! [Mei/Zen/Sym skins leaked?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

I was serious! The skin in the clip could be seen as a more evil version of the Strike Commander Morrison skin.

Honestly, you can't be wrong with that assessment. But we won't know for sure when the event goes live next Tuesday, and we haven't had a character that got two Legendary event skins in a row.

Salarians

I could see that skin being 76's, but the arms/hands look like Reaper's to me

and Reaper getting a legendary skin for Halloween once again kind of makes sense for the character

TrueBlue

Honestly, you can't be wrong with that assessment. But we won't know for sure when the event goes live next Tuesday, and we haven't had a character that got two Legendary event skins in a row.

I assume you meant "can't be more wrong with that assessment"? :p

And Tracer and Genji got Legendaries in consecutive events - Uprising and Anniversary IIRC.

Blues1990

I assume you meant "can't be more wrong with that assessment"? :p

And Tracer and Genji got Legendaries in consecutive events - Uprising and Anniversary IIRC.

I meant when a character gets an additional Legendary Skin when they already had one in the previous event. If that is Reaper fighting Vampire Hunter M, then Reaper will be the first hero having two Legendary skins that are tied to a specific event (he got Pumpkin in the previous Halloween Terror).

TrueBlue

I meant when a character gets an additional Legendary Skin when they already had one in the previous event. If that is Reaper fighting Vampire Hunter M, then Reaper will be the first hero having two Legendary skins that are tied to a specific event (he got Pumpkin in the previous Halloween Terror).

Ah, gotcha.

I do hope that, if new skins are a reflection of the PvE mode as they were last time, that it isn't just the same characters reskinned. McCree is fine, but giving Reaper a new Legendary skin AND making him a boss again would be a little disappointing. That the preview clip was set on the Junkenstein map is also a tad worrying. Hopefully the PvE branches out a bit in terms of settings and characters.

Still, can't wait.

Blues1990

Ah, gotcha.

I do hope that, if new skins are a reflection of the PvE mode as they were last time, that it isn't just the same characters reskinned. McCree is fine, but giving Reaper a new Legendary skin AND making him a boss again would be a little disappointing. That the preview clip was set on the Junkenstein map is also a tad worrying. Hopefully the PvE branches out a bit in terms of settings and characters.

Still, can't wait.

I watched the teaser again, but wasn't that the Adlersbrunn map that they used last year? Or has there been a new teaser that showcases JunkerTown as a new reworked map?

Also, having a new scenario would be great, along with a new group of heroes to at are the focus. It should be fun when it starts next week.

TrueBlue

I watched the teaser again, but wasn't that the Adlersbrunn map that they used last year? Or has there been a new teaser that showcases JunkerTown as a new reworked map?

Also, having a new scenario would be great, along with a new group of heroes to at are the focus. It should be fun when it starts next week.

Aye. That's what I meant by "the Junkenstein map", I was just being lazy. I ain't seen anything regarding Junkertown, though that would be a great and obvious setting for a Junkenstein sequel.

Might as well bump this with the leaks seen on Twitter. They look real enough!

DLgQH_pXUAA3Wde.jpg

Jiangshi Mei.

DLgPm-JW4AE0ZWX.jpg:large

Cthulhu Zenyatta.

DLgMtEaWkAE-pck

Taylor Swift Symmetra.

I hate Mei but HOLY SHIT that Jiangshi skin is perfect. So angry right now because I'm going to spend money on this dumb event again lol

Paltheos

That McCree skin is pretty dope, but the Reaper one has nothing on his pumpkinhead outfit from last year.

Edit: Ooooh, that Symmetra's skin's pretty cool. My favorite thus far has been the New Year's Qipao outfit. The elegant Chinese dress really suits her... and the red turrets that blend in with a ton of the game's environments also help allot, but this one... might dethrone it. Symmetra is evil after all (in my mind, purely gameplay-wise). Zen one's pretty cool too. I'll def. give it a spin during the event, although Sanzang is still the Zen skin imo and one of the best in the game.

rulerk1

i am so glad i dont have school on the 10th. that sym skin oh my god. Actually considering buying lootboxes....

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Might as well bump this with the leaks seen on Twitter. They look real enough!

DLgQH_pXUAA3Wde.jpg

Jiangshi Mei.

DLgPm-JW4AE0ZWX.jpg:large

Cthulhu Zenyatta.

DLgMtEaWkAE-pck

Taylor Swift Symmetra.

Zen and Sym are fucking LEGIT.

But Sym especially, finally she gets a LEGIT wallet dropper. Let's fucking go!

Those 3 aren't doing anything for me, and Reaper's is worse than the one he already has.

Am I about to be thankful to Blizz for saving me money?

I feel like someone already said this in a different Overwatch costume thread, that it gets harder and harder to excite people with costumes as time goes because each new one has to outdo the increasing number already in the game.

Especially now, where you can't quickly change your skin match to match, so I can't easily even choose to use a less than best costume for variety.

Those 3 aren't doing anything for me, and Reaper's is worse than the one he already has.

Am I about to be thankful to Blizz for saving me money?

I feel like someone already said this in a different Overwatch costume thread, that it gets harder and harder to excite people with costumes as time goes because each new one has to outdo the increasing number already in the game.

Especially now, where you can't quickly change your skin match to match, so I can't easily even choose to use a less than best costume for variety.
Then what's the point of new stuff? What's the point to getting more content? Not every skin has to be Witch Mercy. Not every skin has to scream "gimme".

They gonna give Sym that skin, but not D Va. her new HotS skin??? D Va. has gotten a lot of skins lately, though. Im not really that upset.

Wanderer5

Whew, Symmetra. Not sure if I would check it out through, and instead maybe look at her vampire skin if the regular epic skin price.

Zen is so awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom