• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Halloween Terror 2017 coming October 10! [Mei/Zen/Sym skins leaked?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheContact

Look i am using Valkyrie rn. and i love it.
But Witch Mercy... it never gets old, it's still one of the best skins in the game.

Many ppl are like: newer = better and that's just wrong.

Yea agree with the mercy skin. As a mercy Main I used witch exclusively until the summer games skin came out. That one is just amazing in every aspect. It combines the best of the witch with her default presentation. But keeping with the holiday theme, I’m going to be using witch soon

Apathy

It's she just supposed to be a dragon?

I'm any case why do they keep avoiding what we all want to see? We need the overwatch heroes to have other blizzard game character skins. Patchwerk hog, goblin sapper junk, jaina Mei, etc.

That's what blizzcon skins should be, the overarch characters going to blizzcon and cosplaying

The Mei skin is exactly what I was hoping for. Something cute, but still potentially creepy

My only other hope is for a highlight intro where the "cameraperson" is sneaking between the bodies of other characters which are frozen like statues (or more innocuous snowmen with implication there are people within them) as she is finishing freezing one of them, her back to the camera. After the camerperson passes behind one of the statues/snowmen and loses LoS with Mei, she's nowhere to be seen.

The cameraperson looks to the left, then to the right a bit before turning around in time to see Mei's hand cover the lens.

Maybe next Halloween

Apathy

My only annoyance is that zen, sym and reaper already had Halloween skins, pass the love around to other characters for Halloween skins since they can go a little wilder with them. Like doomfist or Ana or Orissa

kurahador

My only annoyance is that zen, sym and reaper already had Halloween skins, pass the love around to other characters for Halloween skins since they can go a little wilder with them. Like doomfist or Ana or Orissa

I'm more annoyed by the fact that Mcree, Mei, Reaper and Sym each got 2 or 3 event skins this year alone. Meanwhile tank heroes got shit.

BigEmil

FUCK. Now I need to farm coins like fuck and they're slow as fuck and no way I'm buying the microtransactions fuck

I think Blizzard forgot to add some clothes on Symm, right....right?

So Zenyatta is a Nraqui (World of warcraft) and Symm is Diablo ?

My friend is on a ship right now, and gave me his information to pay for $50 loot boxes and to get myself $20 worth. Let’s go Halloween time

Sym skin looks a lot like what they did with D.Va in HotS.

tumblr_owcbmgK4Jd1wud3u9o1_500.gif

I want this is Overwatch so bad. The way they handled her in her mech is also really cool. She has like her face pushed against the magma.

7Y0MkF4.jpg

Absolutely insane deathwing inspired skin.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
People who get really perturbed about the idea of using Halloween or Holiday or etc skins outside of the event window as if they're walking down the street in real life will never stop to amuse me.

That's probably got to be a really profitable segment of players though for Blizzard, since they would constantly need new skins for every season.

Lynchian

All these HoS have that distinct WoW aesthetic about them. PUT HORNS AND SPIKES ON ALL THINGS!
Literal early 2000s EDGE.

Do not want.

Tuorom

Neo Member
Cthulu Zen, you will be mine.

What is Reaper supposed to be though?

Sym is like a Zerg
Mei is like from Inuyasha or something
McCree is prob Van Helsing
Reaper is....alternate Reaper?

Doomfist should get a giant skeleton hand.

They should give someone a skin that is just a white sheet with eye holes. It's a ghost! Maybe 76, cuz that's a dad thing to do. Or Reaper actually.

KyleCross

Those skins are absolutely lovely. A damn shame they are locked behind loot boxes.
I get some people don't like lootboxes, but I'm getting annoyed at posts like this. The lootboxes in Overwatch have always been there. They're cosmetics only. You earn them playing the game normally. One for every level up. Three every week in the arcade. One is even given to you when an event starts. They even reworked them months ago to not give dupes unless you own every item in that rarity already.

This just screams like a drive by post from you.

leng jai

I get some people don't like lootboxes, but I'm getting annoyed at posts like this. The lootboxes in Overwatch have always been there. They're cosmetics only. You earn them playing the game normally. One for every level up. Three every week in the arcade. One is even given to you when an event starts. They even reworked them months ago to not give dupes unless you own every item in that rarity already.

This just screams like a drive by post from you.

They're fine really.

Budi

You don't have to buy jackshit. I've gotten the majority of skins just playing.
Congrats! And how many hours you had to spend for it? And how does acquiring the skins by just playing fund the further development of new heroes and maps? My response to that person was that selling skins could be used instead of selling maps and heroes.

Edit: And I don't really want to derail this thread especially when we have so many other active loot box threads going on. So not expecting a reply. Just wanted to point out that loot boxes or splitting the player base with map packs aren't the only options which the poster seemed to think, I was merely correcting this belief. So let's not debate this further here.

All these HoS have that distinct WoW aesthetic about them. PUT HORNS AND SPIKES ON ALL THINGS!

Do not want.

I mean the D Va. one is based on Deathwing so its gonna look like its from WoW. Starcraft Skins on Warcraft heroes make them look like Starcraft characters, Diablo skins make them like Diablo, etc. Thats how art works. If they put some HotS skins into Overwatch I would expect them to look very different with texture quality alone. Add in the way they render skin and how lighting works and Overwatch would make the skins look incredible.

TheYanger

I mean the D.Va skin is based on Deathwing, that's kinda what he looks like.

Say what you want about Cataclysm, but let's never forget how fucking awesome Deathwing has ALWAYS been.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq4Y7ztznKc

Do not want.

Beyond the deathwing skin looking like, well, deathwing, the junkrat one is a Fallen from Diablo. Not sure what you want it to look like, but it's pretty god damn cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom