• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Blues1990

I haven't spent a dime on Overwatch ever since pre-ordering the Origins Edition. I don't see the point in spending money on this game. In my 70 hours playing (aka not that much since I often take months off from the game when it burns me out), I have a bunch of seasonal skins, including Yeti Winston, Ironclad Torbjorn, and Grillmaster 76. Basically you won't be drowning in skins but you'll have enough to be happy.

Plus with year-old seasonal skins being purchasable for regular prices, you can just grind gold over the course of the year and save up 1k gold for any seasonal legendary from last year that you want. I'm definitely picking up Mercy's Witch skin for 1k gold during the next Halloween event, for example.

Speaking of which, anyone want to speculate on what new Halloween Legendary skins the characters will receive? Monster Hunter McCree is an obvious one, but given that we didn't exactly get Olympic-themed skins for all the characters this time around, quite honestly, anything can happen at this point.

If Mei is ever added to Heroes of the Storm, she NEEDS a Diablo-themed costume. It's a requirement.

Well, done placements on lucioball, 8-2, got platinum.

Now I don't have to touch it again. Although tbh it's not a bad change of pace once in awhile.

Veelk

Banned
Speaking of which, anyone want to speculate on what new Halloween Legendary skins the characters will receive? Monster Hunter McCree is an obvious one, but given that we didn't exactly get Olympic-themed skins for all the characters this time around, quite honestly, anything can happen at this point.

If Mei is ever added to Heroes of the Storm, she NEEDS a Diablo-themed costume. It's a requirement.

Summer games was an event that was too inflexible. It was all sportswear, so they decided to now do mostly summer clothing.

Halloween, however, is basically endless in how much stuff you can do with it. My guess is that you might have characters dressing up as other Overwatch members, but they're probably gonna stick to monster themes.

Blues1990

Summer games was an event that was too inflexible. It was all sportswear, so they decided to now do mostly summer clothing.

Halloween, however, is basically endless in how much stuff you can do with it. My guess is that you might have characters dressing up as other Overwatch members, but they're probably gonna stick to monster themes.

And there's a lot you can do with the horror theme, but I still want a Thor-themed skin for Torbjorn. It would go well with Mercy's Valkyie/Sigrun skins. A Tengu-themed skin for Hanzo would also be pretty awesome.

Provided that they continue with the setting from the Junkenstein's Revenge horde mode, I hope to see the following for the heroes:

Soldier: 76 - First Blood (Rambo III-inspired)

McCree - Monster Hunter

Ana - Alchemist

Hanzo - Tengu

Nimby

Banned
Ana is still really good. Just that a healer who requires good aim is going to be less effective across the board except Masters-GM on PC. Mercy suffers from the opposite problem.

Salarians

I think, when asked pre-Anniversary event, Jeff said Hanzo had two skins in development, so probably him

unless one of those is finally his hipster look from last December's comic and they're holding onto it until then

I haven't spent a dime on Overwatch ever since pre-ordering the Origins Edition. I don't see the point in spending money on this game. In my 70 hours playing (aka not that much since I often take months off from the game when it burns me out), I have a bunch of seasonal skins, including Yeti Winston, Ironclad Torbjorn, and Grillmaster 76. Basically you won't be drowning in skins but you'll have enough to be happy.

Plus with year-old seasonal skins being purchasable for regular prices, you can just grind gold over the course of the year and save up 1k gold for any seasonal legendary from last year that you want. I'm definitely picking up Mercy's Witch skin for 1k gold during the next Halloween event, for example.

Meh, 20 bucks for a game I've played 300+ hours is a drop in the bucket far as I'm concerned.

They give us free content so I don't mind supporting a game that I like.

I have a ton of skins as well, but that's not why I bought the boxes during anniversary. It was, hey this is a pretty awesome game I'll show some support.

I see the other side as well. I very rarely if ever buy dlc for games and I never pay for micro transactions.

Trickster

I hate the team aspect of this game on a good day, but I fucking loathe it when you're up against a really good Widow, and you team act like complete spastics who refuse to use a reinhardt, and your flankers are completely inept at flanking

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Lucio ball is laggy bullshit.

Every loss I've had is from stupid shit that wouldn't have worked in rocket league

We beat our best Volskaya time today, both points in 1:38 seconds. Last time was 1:54, lucio and 5 tanks lol

Also I finally found a crosshair that I'm really confortable with, glad they gave us this option. I never felt too confortable with any of the other ones, I've always prefered the dot but the default was too small and I would often lose track of it during the most intense fights at close range. Makes a huge difference.

2-2 with 6 stack. Fucking don't give us three 2CP maps in a row. Jesus Blizzard

Those ninja gravs :eek:

no comp for me today, you jerks :p

:(

We may be on later though.

Direction you're facing affects angle you hit ball. Aim up to knock the ball upwards
Melee = light hit on ball
Right Click = Boop on ball. Remember this operates like regular boop in the game so there is a cone of effect which can help you hit the ball in weird ways if you want. This is pretty much your "shot" on the ball
Amp it up = speed boost
Ult = speed boost to ludicrous speed!
jump pads are used for getting height
Wallriding is faster than regular ground movement so use that to your advantage
Okay, but there isn't a way to practice outside of an actual match? Moving the ball, taking shots on the goal, gauging distances, etc.

Owzers

We beat our best Volskaya time today, both points in 1:38 seconds. Last time was 1:54, lucio and 5 tanks lol

Also I finally found a crosshair that I'm really confortable with, glad they gave us this option. I never felt too confortable with any of the other ones, I've always prefered the dot but the default was too small and I would often lose track of it during the most intense fights at close range. Makes a huge difference.

Those ninja gravs :eek:

:(

We may be on later though.
I only play Reaper and Doomfist after midnight, should be on soon.

Veelk

Banned
Aaaaah, here's the losing streak I've managed to miss far.

Dropped 100 SR in one hour. 1 good game I just happened to lose, 2 good games with no communication because talking to people is for suckers, and one where people just bitched at one another. And a last one where we got rolled so hard on defend that I could only shrug my shoulders and decide to practice Widowmaker while I ran out the time for us to attack.

Now's a good time to walk away for the day.

Unranked mode. We fucking need it.

I don't understand the need for unranked mode unless they add something like forced roles. It's just going to be the same shitshow Quick Play is. I understand switching is a part of the game and it is a neat aspect that I can flip between characters as need be, but I think Blizzard shot themselves in the foot with it too. I have no desire to do Competitive based on the past seasons being shitshows for me, but then with Quick Play there always seems to be the never-switch Widow Hanzo Genji Doomfist instalocks every single game. Or they'll switch when there's 15 seconds left on the timer, or seconds before the enemy caps and we lose anyways.

I'm really hoping Deathmatch takes some of these assholes away from Quick Play at least.

Veelk

Banned
I don't understand the need for unranked mode unless they add something like forced roles. It's just going to be the same shitshow Quick Play is. I understand switching is a part of the game and it is a neat aspect that I can flip between characters as need be, but I think Blizzard shot themselves in the foot with it too. I have no desire to do Competitive based on the past seasons being shitshows for me, but then with Quick Play there always seems to be the never-switch Widow Hanzo Genji Doomfist instalocks every single game. Or they'll switch when there's 15 seconds left on the timer, or seconds before the enemy caps and we lose anyways.

I'm really hoping Deathmatch takes some of these assholes away from Quick Play at least.

An unranked mode will be effective for the same reason you hope deathmatch will be effective. By having a mode designed to do chill comp, it will draw people who want to do a chill version of comp away from both QP and Comp. It's very existence itself is a draw, and a lot of people who just want to fart around will go to QP while people who want to go hardcore will go to Ranked.

That said, it would be best for unranked to have something. Either weekly lootboxes or a miniaturized SR risk.

Ramirez

I just faced a legitimate cheater, lol. A Tracer that had auto locking 100% aim, the POTG was a riot...how prevalent is this stuff on PC? We still managed to win though!

Having a blast as Ana on KOTH.

Today I found it funny that the enemy Tracer was going straight to me at the begining of the match but after being slept 2 times she just avoided me during the rest of the game lol

MCD

Yesterday was so much fun. Me and two (Mercy main and Reinhardt/Winston main) were in a queue for comp. Found a game but before that our Mercy main left and I only took notice after the match started.

Fuck fuck fuck

Ok. I will be your Mercy lol. We were lucky because someone on the enemy team left thank god because me as a Mercy on Horizon map is a big fucking no. I hate this map soooo much.

Got a msg from our Soldier (silver portait) telling me I'm a good Mercy lmao I told him oh god no lol

After that we queued up again this time with our Mercy main and we had the same silver portrait guy! He picked Tracer/Genji/Reaper depending on the situation and we absolutely destroyed them in two king of the hill games. We didn't lose a single round. New friend added!

This game shines when you have good teammates and team comp. Although I had to switch from Zen to Lucio very early even though I am a bad Lucio because Doomfist is absolutely disgusting. He targeted my Zen every single time flanking my slow monk ass where I don't expect it. Had to go Lucio after dying thrice to this fucker. I understand everyone's pain as a supporter against this disgusting new hero. Tracer and Genji are bad enough now we have to worry about a hero who can take out supporters in a single strike. With Roadhog at least I can tell myself yeah I was out of position there but Doomfist is on another level.

Owzers

Having a blast as Ana on KOTH.

Today I found it funny that the enemy Tracer was going straight to me at the begining of the match but after being slept 2 times she just avoided me during the rest of the game lol
The first game we played was my favorite, Reaper koth, everything was iffy after that.

NGY9tnK.gif

Batman really wanted that nanoboost. And then he was telling he had gold damage... no wonder ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The first game we played was my favorite, Reaper koth, everything was iffy after that.

You mean doomfist/pharah? Don't remember you on reaper, I think it was the random who picked him.

That game on Oasis man, I had a really good Genji round. Then the DPS guy told me to switch cause of Doomfist and just got really salty overall

Genji kinda shits on Doomfist though, I think that random was a good player even though he seemed really salty.

Can't say I liked the other random playing Winston, he was going way too deep. That's why I like to play with Owzers, he really knows how to play main tank. Charges aside.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Meh, 20 bucks for a game I've played 300+ hours is a drop in the bucket far as I'm concerned.

They give us free content so I don't mind supporting a game that I like.

I have a ton of skins as well, but that's not why I bought the boxes during anniversary. It was, hey this is a pretty awesome game I'll show some support.

I see the other side as well. I very rarely if ever buy dlc for games and I never pay for micro transactions.

I feel you. I don't mind supporting games I like by buying their DLC. But when I do that, I expect new content. I'm not a fan of paying for cosmetics, which is why I've never spent a dime on Overwatch or Heroes of the Storm even though I've played them a lot. I will happily buy Battlefield Premium so I can play more maps in Battlefield 1 (which is great), but I won't pay for cosmetic items. The distinction for me is whether or not I'm getting new playable content for what I'm paying.

Maddocks

Doomfist is such a great addition, but man am I getting tired of the salty players. Every match there is that player I killed going, "have fun while you can, he's getting nerfed soon" or "fist is so op"

It's like man, I killed you because you are widow, you are standing still and scoped in, you are by far the best target to hit because you are standing still, it doesn't make him OP. Everything kills doomfist, you sneeze and he dies. But you get one kill on them and its... "can't wait till he's nerfed like hog!"

MCD

Doomfist is such a great addition, but man am I getting tired of the salty players. Every match there is that player I killed going, "have fun while you can, he's getting nerfed soon" or "fist is so op"

It's like man, I killed you because you are widow, you are standing still and scoped in, you are by far the best target to hit because you are standing still, it doesn't make him OP. Everything kills doomfist, you sneeze and he dies. But you get one kill on them and its... "can't wait till he's nerfed like hog!"

Sure but his cooldowns are short and his hitbox is a big fucking issue.

Go to Reddit and see the gifs. The fucker got one mean large hitbox it's unbelievable.

It's almost comical how much more effective Mercy is at healing on console right now, I've been trying to avoid using her because I prefer Zen and Ana but in the quick play world of a one healer meta, Mercy can basically prop up a team that isn't all that great.
More supports please Blizz.

I just rolled over to level 1 for the second time. Does required XP to level up not reset as well anymore?

Unfortunately no, they realised people may sit on the low levels for an event to roll around for easy lootboxes so they changed it.

Owzers

Batman really wanted that nanoboost. And then he was telling he had gold damage... no wonder ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You mean doomfist/pharah? Don't remember you on reaper, I think it was the random who picked him.

Genji kinda shits on Doomfist though, I think that random was a good player even though he seemed really salty.

Can't say I liked the other random playing Winston, he was going way too deep. That's why I like to play with Owzers, he really knows how to play main tank. Charges aside.

Nah, the very first game I played yesterday as Reaper in Nepal. I have given up the tank role, I'm a dps main now as we all have seen.

Blues1990

It's almost comical how much more effective Mercy is at healing on console right now, I've been trying to avoid using her because I prefer Zen and Ana but in the quick play world of a one healer meta, Mercy can basically prop up a team that isn't all that great.
More supports please.

Stuffing the game with more healers isn't going to cure the player bases stupidity, you know.

Top Bottom