• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Blues1990

1MuJHyy5Uhq3MTuGdA3KwoUXDQF7ZVefHYAQk5kR5lvLiakwx0utNOrc1NEwf64t.png

THE FUCKING SYM AND ZEN SKINS ARE GODLY HOLY SHIT

Is Zenyatta supposed to be Cthulhu? Symmetra's Demonic skin is pretty ace!

DLgQH_pXUAA3Wde.jpg

Jiangshi Mei!

Holy shit! Of all the suggestions, never did I thought they would make Mei into a Jiangshi.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish I didnt lose the highlight. I killed Reaper with Doomfist around the corner. Stood in the doorway out of sight on the bridge of Eichenwalde and I see Mercy come flying in for that Rez and charge my rocket punch

It was the perfect
med.png

Sym ones pretty damn good, I dunno about the rest. Zen seems cool but I dunno, just too unsettling for me. I'll stick to his epic Halloween skin thanks

New skins look pretty cute. My last few loot boxes have had nothing but junk in them so hopefully it means I've cleared out enough vanilla skins to guarantee a few of the halloween ones.

That feel when you are actually going into an event with a buttload of currency already. Have 7k already and sitting on like 23 unopened boxes

Only had to spend like $20 on the Olympic games, hoping to come out cheap again this time too

randome

Is this real life? I just twice got paired with a three stack that literally is throwing. They choose widow, mcree, and either hanzo/Winston/rein.

When the enemy team is so focused on killing your team near spawn that they didn't notice the lone tracer pushing the payload.

The things people get away with in comp sometimes lol

Pooya

My game recently has an issue at times. It reloads the map in middle of a match, like it locks up for a second and goes to loading screen... then goes back to the game normally. It happened twice so far. It's crazy, I have no idea why it happens. Game files check out.

Blues1990

Had a good stream of matches with Mercy tonight (with me as Zarya/Lucio). Good games, BTW.

Post match, we were shooting the shit about Mercy's resurrection, and we both agreed it would be for the better if it was taken out of the game entirely (and she got something else to compensate).

TrueBlue

Cross post from other thread regarding pictures of the new skins:

An interesting detail is that the background for these pictures is inside the Eichenwalde castle throne room, obviously jazzed up for Halloween. Last year the PvE took place at the castle doors, and also served as the menu backdrop.

Confirnation of a Junkenstein sequel/expansion?

Lovely skins btw. That Sym awakens something in me.

Foxxsoxx

Played for the first time in a while tonight. I really want to understand why, as someone who has 130 hours of playtime, is consistently matched with people with 1,000+ hours that are clearly way more experienced than I will ever be.

Like dude, I'm a level 160, why are you matching me with 1200s? I know level doesn't measure skill, but it sure does measure knowing the game inside and out.

I swear every match feels like Blizz personally thinks I'm sort of pro because I just can't handle the sweat man.

Anne

Talked about it in the discord, but I guess I'll mention it here. I'm pretty sure I've hit the point of no return with not playing OVerwatch much more.

-It hasn't been installed on my PC in some time.
-I haven't even played a single ranked match this season
-I've stopped watching streams
-I have not even watched that much APEX or Contenders
-I don't visit either of the major subreddits anymore.

Like I was still checking out streams and data and doing deathmatches from time to time but now I don't even do that anymore. By the time 2018 rolls around I picture myself being so far gone I can't even realistically comment on the game anymore. Oh well.

pizzacat

Banned
Talked about it in the discord, but I guess I'll mention it here. I'm pretty sure I've hit the point of no return with not playing OVerwatch much more.

Like I was still checking out streams and data and doing deathmatches from time to time but now I don't even do that anymore. By the time 2018 rolls around I picture myself being so far gone I can't even realistically comment on the game anymore. Oh well.
But the event is about to start? Cosmetics!!!

Man, you're burning through these.

How many more characters do you have to go?

Widow, Mercy, and Lucio.

I just fucked up and lost a Lucio game on Chataeu. I was up 18 to 15, but I choked (you'll notice this a pattern in most of my videos). But this is good because it's the first time I've ever come in second as Lucio. All three are just a matter of time, as I've now come in second place with 18 or 19 kills on all three of them.

I-hate-u

You'll be back for OWL. Trust. (Unless Blizzard isn't gonna fix Mercy in time for that)

Anne

You'll be back for OWL. Trust. (Unless Blizzard isn't gonna fix Mercy in time for that)

Mercy has nothing to do with how I feel about the game these days. Balance barely affects how I feel about it. It's just a miserable experience that has morphed far away from the game I really liked and saw in it early on.

Anne

So what would bring you back?

Basically completely overhaul everything about getting into games. Change QP modes, changed ranked queues. Seriously scrap their entire user experience and idea of how game modes work.

Make a decision to bring designs back towards high powered FPS demigods with explosive mechanics and less away from just being gimped ass MOBA characters that over rely on their teammates for everything.

I gave them well over a year since I started having these problems to remotely fix it. They didn't. In fact it's only gotten worse outside of some minor cases.

Pooya

when is contenders happening?

Basically completely overhaul everything about getting into games. Change QP modes, changed ranked queues. Seriously scrap their entire user experience and idea of how game modes work.

Make a decision to bring designs back towards high powered FPS demigods with explosive mechanics and less away from just being gimped ass MOBA characters that over rely on their teammates for everything.

I gave them well over a year since I started having these problems to remotely fix it. They didn't. In fact it's only gotten worse outside of some minor cases.

The game you want is Quake Champions. That game might seem like it is ripping off overwatch with heroes or whatever but it doesn't play like OW at all, it's still FPS ass FPS and every character is individually powerful, you can make a difference by yourself and of course no shitty objectives like OW.

Top Bottom