• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT11| Have Mercy

G0DLIKE

is there a reason the game occasionally throws you onto high ping servers? like, they can easily query that ahead of time. it's a waste of everyone's time when you just leave immediately on join.

This is happening to me too often. It's fuckin' annoying. FUCK.

Edit: Checked your profile and saw you're Australian. I guess Jeff and the team just don't care about us. That or they didn't make enough money from the game to give us reliable servers.

Cappa

Banned
is there a reason the game occasionally throws you onto high ping servers? like, they can easily query that ahead of time. it's a waste of everyone's time when you just leave immediately on join.

hmm also happened to me last night. Out of curiosity when it happens to you, are you usually matched up with a 4+ stack?

In the games I experienced high ping it was usually in matches where there were groups of 4 stacks or more. I dont know if it was just a coincidence or what....

LiK

My Widow arrived last week. I'll probably order this once it's closer to release date. Not worried about them selling out anymore. They even increased the customer limit to 10 for the other statues.

A bit perturbed that the poses from Widow onwards seems to be just victory poses and not original action poses like Tracer and Reaper.

MCD

My Widow arrived last week. I'll probably order this once it's closer to release date. Not worried about them selling out anymore. They even increased the customer limit to 10 for the other statues.

A bit perturbed that the poses from Widow onwards seems to be just victory poses and not original action poses like Tracer and Reaper.

I have Tracer and got D.VA pre-ordered. But I dunoo about the others. Don't main them lol

Still not sure about D.VA. Cost a kidney ffs.

Congrats about Widow. Seen her in real life and she is gorgeous.

i should play some more. about to get another golden weapon. unsure who i should get it for. might get it for ana so it looks like i play her a lot.

I made a thread calling out the hypocritical actions of some pros in ranked on r/COW and it got to the top of the sub.

Oh god save me.

LiK

I have Tracer and got D.VA pre-ordered. But I dunoo about the others. Don't main them lol

Still not sure about D.VA. Cost a kidney ffs.

Congrats about Widow. Seen her in real life and she is gorgeous.

She truly is. They really stepped up the sculpt and paint quality. Love that they also joined the modern era of using magnets (to connect the right arm). It was such a pain in the ass connecting Tracer and Reaper's limbs cuz it uses that stupid tight metal bar build. Was so fearful of breaking them.

I made a thread calling out the hypocritical actions of some pros in ranked on r/COW and it got to the top of the sub.

Oh god save me.

Haha I read that earlier. It was a good post. The pro-streamer culture is actively contributing to Overwatch being toxic af, you weren't wrong.

I-hate-u

Or perhaps a speed boost

Now there's an idea

123ac2e8de9430df85a2c1794c5290ca076a08e3ddd9a3a30b91bcff1531a8bb_3.jpg

but much much worse with the new Reaper

Nepenthe

Lost six placements in a row and felt no need to continue for awhile. Shrugged it off this morning and decided to hop in again, and we handily stomp all over the teams in two matches. They never made it past the first checkpoint. Our Ana on Watchpoint was especially good; kept up Reinhardt when Junkrat was plugging my face with mines, that little ratfuck. Overall, it's amazing what happens when people coordinate, group up, and praise each other's work.

Also, the wallride buff is so appreciated. I'm getting much better speed and contesting like crazy.

fhqwhgads

Anyone who thinks Beyblade meta was good is no friend of mine. Running Ana/Lucio/Rein/Zarya/Genji/Reaper every game is a big no thanks from me.

I-hate-u

What I loved about Ana is that because she's such a high skill high reward character, she gave so much spotlight to supports when they pull off sick sleeps on ulting Genjis, or taking out a Pharah.

His play on Ana is the reason Ryuejhong is probably the most well known player in Lunatic-Hai, along side Miro.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Why the fuck can Hog survive a Dva bomb when he heals himself? what a goddamn joke.

Shredderi

Matchmaking is becoming pretty predictable. Had a few suspiciously good matches earlier, and then suddenly it threw us into the most one sided roflstomp in OW history. Like it was laughable. Couldn't even get mad. I mean, it must be winratio enforcing, right? Because these ALWAYS comes after winning a few matches pretty easily. It just always fucking goes overboard. First it throws me boring matches that we can't lose, and then it throws me in matches that are too unwinnable that it could be anything else than some matchmaking hijinx. I'd prefer more balanced matches tbh. I'd give up the easy ones for that.

OWL question: are the teams all going to be living in LA for the first season, since they have to play all their games there, or are they traveling in for gameday and spending the rest of the time in their team's city?

Syntax

I thought Mercy was fine before her update. Some people saw the upcoming changes and were glad at her impending nerf. Their sorrow now is as sweet as a rare wine.

But if her current incarnation must be nerfed, I think the best way would be to remove rez as her e-ability, leave it with two charges for her ult and reduce its cool down to 12 seconds.

And I love playing as Ana too; a nice mix of support and dps play. Though her damage output does feel a bit on the low side. Her biggest issue, in my humble bundle, is shields; they can completely nullify her as a support. Winston is particularly brutal to play against on koth maps or choke points where his shield encompasses the combat area.

Unhindered by that, though, I think she's mostly fine.

OWL question: are the teams all going to be living in LA for the first season, since they have to play all their games there, or are they traveling in for gameday and spending the rest of the time in their team's city?

Everyone will be in L.A. Ranked is going to be pretty crazy over there lol

Community stayed the same, your tolerance for their bullshit has thinned.

Extremely this.

I'll echo that the game has gotten better in many ways since launch too

Ties were decided by a coin flip on non-koth maps. Flip determined if your team were attacking or defending.

Oh yeah, amazing how I forgot about that mess.

Season 2 was my fave since it was the one I actually put a lot of time into, dragging myself up to Diamond in a slow and gruelling process.
Then I just did placements in 3 and 4 somehow ending up with masters and quit while I was ahead, good times.

I thought Mercy was fine before her update. Some people saw the upcoming changes and were glad at her impending nerf. Their sorrow now is as sweet as a rare wine.

But if her current incarnation must be nerfed, I think the best way would be to remove rez as her e-ability, leave it with two charges for her ult and reduce its cool down to 12 seconds.

And I love playing as Ana too; a nice mix of support and dps play. Though her damage output does feel a bit on the low side. Her biggest issue, in my humble bundle, is shields; they can completely nullify her as a support. Winston is particularly brutal to play against on koth maps or choke points where his shield encompasses the combat area.

Unhindered by that, though, I think she's mostly fine.
This is actually a good idea. Just restrict Rez to her ult.

A salty someone called me out in Mystery Heroes last night after getting PotG, for "camping" on a rooftop as Pharah and getting double double-kills on their team as they moved the payload. He must've missed me having to evacuate that rooftop multiple times during the fight to heal from turret damage, or the time I had to use my ult just to take down their Pharah when she tried to dive-bomb me.

I don't pick the plays, dude. I'm not even that good with Pharah. :[

I've started playing more recently, and I want to pick brains here: I am still a Roadhog main even though he feels awkward, and I often have gold damage and eliminations. Yet the team is losing. My thought is that, because I picked a character that can't protect the DPS, it is partially my fault if the DPS are struggling to output damage. Thus, even if I have gold damage and eliminations, I should probably switch if the team is losing.

Thoughts?

I've started playing more recently, and I want to pick brains here: I am still a Roadhog main even though he feels awkward, and I often have gold damage and eliminations. Yet the team is losing. My thought is that, because I picked a character that can't protect the DPS, it is partially my fault if the DPS are struggling to output damage. Thus, even if I have gold damage and eliminations, I should probably switch if the team is losing.

Thoughts?

Back when I used to play a lot more D.Va (this was before the revamped defense matrix) it wasn't uncommon for me to lose competitive matches with her while racking up the 4 gold medals and I'd wonder the same thing.

And I think it's a case of not having coordinated the tank attention grabbing alongside the DPS actually being nearby and ready to go. It's a question that I find kind of tricky to answer, after all looking at other tanks you could end up just standing there behind a shield as Orisa/Rein and contribute less.
I would find that it sometimes worked to follow characters like an enforcer of sorts, have your Hog maybe roll around with some of the DPS so you can hook the players that may catch them off guard or even sponge up some damage with the changes to his healing.

Before I recall some people tended to use Hog like a solo flanker since he wasn't too great at defending others but he commands a lot more focus and attention now so I think you should be able to stick with him.

Unless the reason your DPS are struggling is because say the opposing team has say a super Genji running amok, in which case as the (solo?) Tank you may have to make the shift to Winston just to clear up their roadblock if they wont switch.

And after a few nights climbing, finally returned to the Platinum Tier with a 2511 ranking.

And that was including a game where for some reason our team decided to go 4 Attack Heroes on Dorado Attack with me being the Medic, no tanks and didn't even make it to the first point. Thankfully we had some Bastions, Symmetra's and Orisa's on defence in the second round (They must have realised 4 attacks didn't work) and we somehow held them back even further.

Now hopefully in the next seasons, I get better Placement matches than last time.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
This is happening to me too often. It's fuckin' annoying. FUCK.

Edit: Checked your profile and saw you're Australian. I guess Jeff and the team just don't care about us. That or they didn't make enough money from the game to give us reliable servers.

hmm also happened to me last night. Out of curiosity when it happens to you, are you usually matched up with a 4+ stack?

In the games I experienced high ping it was usually in matches where there were groups of 4 stacks or more. I dont know if it was just a coincidence or what....

yesterday in particular was awful for Australians -- I usually get one high ping game every, I dunno, twenty matches. Yesterday it was flipped. :( I got a leave penalty this morning as a result because of an actual wifi dropout. ah well.

Paltheos

Christ, played a bunch of Junkenstein today going for the Endless Expert and Vanilla Legendary achievements. Took a break and played Endless Normal for a bit, got the comp I like most - Zen (me)/Torb/McCree/Soldier. We took it to bonus round 16 (actual round 28). When the climax music started kicking in I was confused. Then the game spawned all the bosses, multiple times at once. Clearly this was the last wave. Annnnd, we got overrun. Great run though. No other team I'd played with so well coordinated to consistently instakill Reaper before he finished Shadow Stepping.

Only missing Mei's halloween event skin and I'll have them all from this year and last years + the voice lines. No loot boxes bought. Had 14k credits when the event started have 6500 now.

Feels good fam. Bring on the winter event skins or rather the Lunar event.

Top Bottom