• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
After spending some time with Overwatch's non-union-Mexican-equivalent Paladins, as irritating as it is that everyone has to "check in" before a match starts after searching, it does seem to prevent so many quit outs.

Also, Overwatch could stand to copy the real clear headshot indicator from Paladins.

I got this weird weekend vibe now where I play a round or two of Drawn to Life or Paladins, then hop into Mystery Heroes and see how my luck is, before I'll hop into comp...

...and promptly lose the match because someone from the team quit out.

AND THEN I LOSE 28 WHO DESIGNED THIS FUCKING GAME

I don't know what they did with the streak SR update but something has gone seriously fucking wrong because I cant climb for shit anymore.

hypernima

Banned
Just had a match where we almost lost defending King's Row but in the last few minutes i CLEANED the other team with both turrets and gun... few times. Got 3 golds and POTG.

Symmetra stays winning.

tumblr_oc2nnjrUbI1un7uhro1_250.gif

Thrower.

Is there a way to darken or otherwise emphasize the "you are getting shot" visual indicator? I can't even see it when I'm looking for it sometimes.

Yeah I was in s2. S1 Lucio, S2 Zarya.
PC feels way better than ps4. Can never go back. If you think you'll miss PS4 gaf don't come PC cos there's no going back.

Was diamond for 2 seasons but finally got masters this season so its going good.

Don't let skins hold you back. Dunno if you bought boxes tho.

In that case, I better buy the PC version today.
7hhojJC.png

It's not so much the amount of skins unlocked, as it is in the exclusive ones. Event stuff, like antitrop mentioned. I've had pretty good luck with the event drops, this one aside.

The Chinese New Year one was also a bit of a bust for me, now that I think about it.

When you get less SR for the second win than the first win.

Haha.

AND THEN I LOSE 28 WHO DESIGNED THIS FUCKING GAME

I don't know what they did with the streak SR update but something has gone seriously fucking wrong because I cant climb for shit anymore.

image.php

antitrop

I thought her nade got nerfed a few months back to combat the trip tank meta? Did they change it back or did that not make it off the PTR?

Didn't make it off PTR.

EDIT: The healing buff from the grenade for teammates was nerfed from 100% to 50%, but that was a long time ago. The more recently proposed (and more substantial) nerf to the grenade didn't end up going through.

Get put on a team with a silver-level player who was boosted to diamond against a GM Widow smurf. Lost more than I gained in the previous "underdog" game.

Overwatch is fucking shit why do I even play this game.

Why is it that I'm losing 30+ SR for my first loss of the day but only gain 20 SR for my first win? Losing slightly more SR for a loss is causing me to end up falling. Got up to 3065 but two losses later and I'm down to 2989. Two excellent games on Hollywood and King's Row weren't enough to keep me above 3000 I guess. All I'm asking for is to stay in middle Diamond. That's all I'd like. Really hope I can pass my season high (3116) soon.

And why do people throw? I mean, seriously WHY. Had a Torb throw on Oasis last night and complain the enemy team didn't let him build his turret.

JHall

Didn't make it off PTR.

EDIT: The healing buff from the grenade for teammates was nerfed from 100% to 50%, but that was a long time ago. The more recently proposed (and more substantial) nerf to the grenade didn't end up going through.

Should have nerfed her grenade and not her damage.

Gained about 100SR with a nice set of games.

Lose half of it in 20 minutes.

Thanks for taking away 30SR when we get a leaver first round of control Blizzard. Your algorithms are coded by monkeys.

hesido

I'd like to congratulate myself on my now 80% win rate this season with non other than..

Symmetra of course. Mainly play with her on Capture and Hold games.

Please don't nerf her lol.

Clarification: My overall win rate is much lower, these are just the Symmetra stats. My disgusting stats can be seen here.

I did once get called out for being an "awful" Symmetra and made fun of, but in actuality, the team was immensely shit. I hope you are reading this, you rude people with headsets (which was the rest of the team hahah)

I'd like to congratulate myself on my now 80% win rate this season with non other than..

I did once get called out for being an "awful" Symmetra and made fun of, but in actuality, the team was immensely shit. I hope you are reading this, you rude people with headsets (which was the rest of the team hahah)
I have like a 22% win rate this season and I'm a higher rank. Life is unfair.

finalflame

Gold Member
Valve added phone numbers as a requirement to play Ranked in DOTA2 today. Wish Blizz would do the same with OW to deter smurfs.

hesido

My win rate is probably because I'm playing around 2400's mainly :) I did manage my win rate above 2500 though. I fell because I started playing with my tertiary characters after a 'mental' breakdown :D Fell from 2700 to 2200 in a 10 loss streak or something like that, because I refused to play with my top picks.

Edit: The 80% win rate is just with Symmetra, otherwise it's much lower with other characters :( Hahah

Zaventem

Just popped in here to say i finally got the platinum... I feel a weight has been lifited off my shoulders. Don't even care about getting the dlc trophies.

Chance

Congratulations!

I also have an 80% win rate in comp this season - a little Tracer, a little Mercy, a little flex - because I haven't touched it since I did my placements!

8 and 2, baby! 8 and 2.

...I really should play more comp. Weirdly enough that blue post the other day about Support SR not being screwed made me feel a lot better about it.

Also,

On either one of my mains (Tracer, Mercy), I LOVE playing with a Sym on pretty much anything that's not payload attack or 2CP attack. When I'm Mercy, the Tele takes a ton of pressure off me to sustain the entire lineup with rez, and the Shield Gen lets me go Battle Mercy a bit more. When I'm Tracer, the Shield Gen turns me into a fucking MONSTER.

<3 you, Symmetra Main. You're up there with really great Sombras who keep all the health packs hacked on KotHs.

maomaoIYP

So I need 2k more purple competitive currency before I can buy a gold weapon. How hard is it to get 2k of that currency?
10 games takes about 2 hours. 2k means 200 wins. Assuming 50% win rate that's 400 games, about 80 hours. Of course you'll also get a payout at the end of season based on your highest rank.

I'm really starting to get discouraged from playing Overwatch. First there are so many things I have to unlock for the Uprising event with not enough time or gold coins. It's really frustrating.

Second is 90 percent of the time I'm playing our team loses the round or gets a draw. I just can't seem to improve at all to become a good asset for my team.

I'm really starting to get discouraged from playing Overwatch. First there are so many things I have to unlock for the Uprising event with not enough time or gold coins. It's really frustrating.

Second is 90 percent of the time I'm playing our team loses the round or gets a draw. I just can't seem to improve at all to become a good asset for my team.
what platform? what rank? which characters do you use?

there is help available! :p

what platform? what rank? which characters do you use?

there is help available! :p
Unfortunately I'm on PS4 so that takes out a huge chunk of help.

I don't know what rank I'm in if you're talking about Competitive Mode since I lost much of my desire to even try that mode to get my legendary weapon but I am at level 76 with 1 star on my portrait!

I'm a Genji mai-*gets shot*.

I also use Zenyatta, Bastion as a last defense, Soldier 76, Mercy, Pharah, and Orisa.

Unfortunately I'm on PS4 so that takes out a huge chunk of help.

I don't know what rank I'm in if you're talking about Competitive Mode since I lost much of my desire to even try that mode to get my legendary weapon but I am at level 76 with 1 star on my portrait!

I'm a Genji mai-*gets shot*.

I also use Zenyatta, Bastion as a last defense, Soldier 76, Mercy, Pharah, and Orisa.
have you tried looking at skyline's videos? he has a video for pretty much every hero and it's all useful. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDrfc_LU0llSRI7icBFoBnw/videos

Trickster

When your Ana complains that she has 3 gold medals, and I just sit here thinking "So that's why I'm not getting any heals at all"

Pretty sure I'm done with Overwatch after Uprising
Their implementation of CTF is the worst I've ever seen, nobody plays to win anymore which is a waste of time

Top Bottom