• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Trickster

I'm at that point where I've played so many master games that I've gotten use to their player movement.

The moment I touch quick play, I just can't hit shit since everyone just moves sporadically with no discernible pattern. They can't even aim doing that

What do you mean by that? Why does how you move determine how well you can aim?

Cappa

Banned
You can't fall.

So if I hit rank 10 in Hearthstone (rank 1 is second best, followed by legendary), I can't go back down to rank 11 no matter how much I lose. It means you can kind of chill and not be stressed with every match you play, and it creates a more defined skill structure.
Lol if paying people to boost your account to master /grandmaster is already a thing. It will be even more so if that terrible idea is every implemented in overwatch lol

Ferga

What do you mean by that? Why does how you move determine how well you can aim?

I play with a lot of projectiles. My mains are pharah, ana and zen. I've gotten use to aiming with prediction when I'm dealing with flankers.

Genjis and tracers in quick play don't move in a way where they can aim. So as a result, I can't hit them while they can't hit me since their screen (I'm presuming) are going crazy with their movement.

Trickster

I play with a lot of projectiles. My mains are pharah, ana and zen. I've gotten use to aiming with prediction when I'm dealing with flankers.

Genjis and tracers in quick play don't move in a way where they can aim. So as a result, I can't hit them while they can't hit me since their screen (I'm presuming) are going crazy with their movement.

I'm still not sure why their movement would impair the ability to aim. Or are you on console?

liezryou

He won the fight, no shame.

Well it was me but i almost lost 1v1 to mercy with my ult on as tjorbjorn. Not my most spectacular play.

While I'm here, can i get some recommended settings for snipers? I mean as far as DPI/sensitivity go. I'm currently on 2400 DPI and sensitivity is 30. I'm absolutely terrible at widow aiming. Like i get into perfect positions but then i literally whiff every shot at moving targets.

Dekutulla

Man, all you people are all high ranked or whatever and meanwhile I'm like...

bronze is the lowest rank right? :v

we didn't even get past 25 meters the last ranked payload game I played...

Yager

Banned
Yesterday was a good day...or that's what I thought after winning my first game. I was playing with a friend, we nailed it in Eichenwalde, the other 4 randoms did a great job also. Second game, fucking Annubis. NAILED IT AGAIN. This is going good...but one shoukd never underestimate the power of randoms.

I usually don't get mad, and I don't usually blame the randoms. I mean, there are games were I know I'm not doing shit, there are games were I know my friends are not playing really well, and of course there are games were those randoms make you lose because of bad picks and 0 sense of teamwork. But yesterday I had 3 games in a row that made me turn off my Xbox.

How can you expect me not to get mad when we're winning 2-0 on Illios but end up 2-3 because fucking no one is capable of dealing with Pharamercy? "hey man, why didn't you do it?" Randoms had Soldier, McCree and Zenyatta. I was Winston. I can get Phara's attention so much before getting stomped and have to bail because the other team is focusing me. How the hell can't those 3 people get that flying demon down? Oh yeah, because they're focusing the Orisa's shield, an Orisa that was doing nothing in the game.

And don't get me started on the Rein that charged all the time by himself on Volskaya B point. Dude, I'm a fucking monkey that can jump with you, and my friend was a fucking Zarya that could bubble you. But no, what's the point of waiting, right? And you know what's great? When you wipe half a team, get inside point B and realize that the rest of your team is waiting at the choke because why the hell not.

Oh, and have I told you the tale of that amazing Hanzo that missed 2 FUCKING TIMES with the fucking dragon when the other team had like 4 ad 5 people inside a graviton? And by that I don't mean that Zenyatta saved them or anything. HE FUCKING MISSED LIKE HE AIMED 10 METERS AWAY FROM WHERE THE GRAVITON WAS WHILE HE WAS STANDING IN FRONT OF THE FUCKING GRAVITON.

This fucking game man. I love to hate it, and I hate to love it. And good morning to everyone.

LiK

L I K D A G A W D

It's crazy how you just used junk ult right in the middle of the point

a84852c642f7182d8ed51ffe471a03e45d53c1203722817c717886933a197cb2_1.jpg

Man, all you people are all high ranked or whatever and meanwhile I'm like...

bronze is the lowest rank right? :v

we didn't even get past 25 meters the last ranked payload game I played...

Under 1000 SR is usually considered "Wood", but Blizzard is too nice to denote it as such. As long as you're above that, you still have someone to pity. And you should, Wood games are a nightmare (my 8 yr old resides there, in all his Junkrat/Torb villainy).

Dekutulla

Got the DVA selfie highlight. I guess the tradeoff for being shit at the game is getting good loot crates :v

Under 1000 SR is usually considered "Wood", but Blizzard is too nice to denote it as such. As long as you're above that, you still have someone to pity. And you should, Wood games are a nightmare (my 8 yr old resides there, in all his Junkrat/Torb villainy).

Well, at least I'm...100 SR above that :v

LordofPwn

Why do people throw games? 3 of my 5 losses (in a row) tonight had people throw and I just don't understand it. I'm on PS4 so can't report but like seriously wtf... Attack torb on extra round Eichenwalde. AFK torb Nepal. Torb Hanzo duo on Lijang.

Also I don't understand why my teammates consistently never use my rein shield. It's incredibly hard to climb when dealing with this shit on a regular basis.

Also fuck the SR system. Played one of my better Zarya matches tonight. On oasis. 4 rounds. Avg energy above 40, +15 high energy kills. Shit ton of blocked damage and barriers applied. My lobs were on fire. 3 Gold medals (Elims, objective kills, obj time). A high amount of final blows. Way more than I normally get. I was kicking ass. +23 SR. A match I had the other day I got +30 as Zarya when I was at a higher SR but I had maybe half of that avg. energy and high energy kills, but the one thing I did have was more graviton surge kills. Today on oasis I used 2 graviton surges, got 1 kill. 1 of those were to stall the other, Zenyatta saved their team.

So if I play well, win, and don't need the graviton surge I get less SR than if I'm playing ok, win, and have a teammate that can combo with me. The struggle continues...

Ggs today, a couple of frustrating ones (the randoms can suck the fun out of this game sometimes), but overall it was enjoyable.

There was someone missing though, that usually plays at those hours.

QoIVL5B.jpg

Zen Aku

Today my team shit the bed on Eichenwald. We didn't get a single percent on Attack.

Guess what? Still fucking draw lol

We played Torb, Sym, Mercy, Roadhog, Soldier, DVA and held point. Always at least two people on it.

The other team thought they had it in the bag.

_Legacy_

Went 4-1 last night with my group in comp, we edged out some really close games. For the first night in ages, we had really competent randoms who did great jobs in all areas. My hope in randoms in being restored, have to say. Even the game we lost, everyone played well but the other team just got better picks and played better overall.

Let's see what today has in store for me...

Why do people throw games? 3 of my 5 losses (in a row) tonight had people throw and I just don't understand it. I'm on PS4 so can't report but like seriously wtf... Attack torb on extra round Eichenwalde. AFK torb Nepal. Torb Hanzo duo on Lijang.

Also I don't understand why my teammates consistently never use my rein shield. It's incredibly hard to climb when dealing with this shit on a regular basis.

Also fuck the SR system. Played one of my better Zarya matches tonight. On oasis. 4 rounds. Avg energy above 40, +15 high energy kills. Shit ton of blocked damage and barriers applied. My lobs were on fire. 3 Gold medals (Elims, objective kills, obj time). A high amount of final blows. Way more than I normally get. I was kicking ass. +23 SR. A match I had the other day I got +30 as Zarya when I was at a higher SR but I had maybe half of that avg. energy and high energy kills, but the one thing I did have was more graviton surge kills. Today on oasis I used 2 graviton surges, got 1 kill. 1 of those were to stall the other, Zenyatta saved their team.

So if I play well, win, and don't need the graviton surge I get less SR than if I'm playing ok, win, and have a teammate that can combo with me. The struggle continues...

I've been trying to learn Rein (at QP, but still) and they do this so much. Like I'm walking towards the payload like a boss with my shield up ready to get it moving and these guys run in, proceed to not stay behind be but run straight through into the enemy fire and then die in front of me.

hesido

Today my team shit the bed on Eichenwald. We didn't get a single percent on Attack.

Guess what? Still fucking draw lol

We played Torb, Sym, Mercy, Roadhog, Soldier, DVA and held point. Always at least two people on it.

The other team thought they had it in the bag.

Wow, that's even sweeter than our teams 23% win on Temple Of Anubis on first point last night. (Solo Queue of course). Forget the other team, I thought they had it in the bag. An excellent Sym and a competent Rein did the job, I was JunkRat and throwing shit around.

Torb + Sym on Eichenwald defense is an excellent combo, and I have to congratulate on no-Rein setup. Although it'd be nice if it was a 1% win. :)

I've been trying to learn Rein (at QP, but still) and they do this so much. Like I'm walking towards the payload like a boss with my shield up ready to get it moving and these guys run in, proceed to not stay behind be but run straight through into the enemy fire and then die in front of me.

While everybody asks for a Reinhardt almost every comp game at the start of the game, I don't like Reinhardt on Attack personally. I don't care about the win rate of Rein on attacks, but I think he slows down the attack and consolidates the whole team in a single spot which has its drawbacks too.

When I'm Symmetra, it's nice to have a Reinhardt on the opposing team though. Instant ult after firing those photon-balls because it goes through everybody behind him :D

Sande

I seriously cannot believe they thought this was a good idea. I can literally jump into a 6 stack by myself, jump around and just skate away like it's not a big deal at all. I haven't read why but have they stated why they felt compelled to buff a character that was already in every single game anyway?
Blizzard recognized that almost no one likes playing Lucio, but instead of properly reworking him to be fun they just buffed everything and reduced the aura range to compensate.

>Uprising
>Expert Mode
>Solo
>Orisa
>Zenyatta
>I pick Bastion
>Last guy picks Genji
>We all unselect and try to tell him to pick someone else
>He stays on Genji
>We all leave

Overwatch

Time to wait another 10 minutes for a game.

_Legacy_

>Uprising
>Expert Mode
>Solo
>Orisa
>Zenyatta
>I pick Bastion
>Last guy picks Genji
>He stays on Genji
>We all leave

Overwatch

This has been me for the last few days, actually played last night with the perfect Mercy, Rein, Orisa and Bastion comp but the Rein rushed out by himself at the very last stage and then we call die from lack of adequate cover. I have to get this expert achievement at some point!

NeoRaider

>Uprising
>Expert Mode
>Solo
>Orisa
>Zenyatta
>I pick Bastion
>Last guy picks Genji
>He stays on Genji
>We all leave

Overwatch

Genji/Widow mains would rather die than change.

LiK

Widows in Uprising are so useless even on Normal. I was a Zen and had to constantly heal them in a session. She kept dying too. Why the fuck would you waste people's time playing Widow in this mode. People just wanna get through it for the lootboxes, not try and keep your ass alive through the entire thing. Make a custom game if you wanna practice your aiming.

Paltheos

I played about 5 games last night I think of Uprising on Expert. 3 of my attempts ended in the same spot. Right after blowing up the payload to reach the Orisas, my team nearly invariably splits up. The last one was the worst as I specifically asked on the mic for us to not split up, a couple people responded on the mic, annnnd Rein stayed behind to fight the first Orisa while we got shredded by Bastion. Like.... we were obviously gone and he didn't follow us. Bro. The one attempt that got past that choke, we actually all worked together to kill the first Bastion but then died because our otherwise strong Tracer went too far behind enemy lines and got picked by something. I flew over to manually revive but then the rest of my team got picked off and we were overwhelmed. FeelsBadMan

The dumbest pick I've seen is Mei - a Mei that didn't even use the wall, no less. I love Mei, but does she even do damage? lol

her right click is pretty good if you can predict shot people but mostly i've seen people hanzo it with her. you should see how long they set up to do a headshot when they freeze you lol.

LiK

The dumbest pick I've seen is Mei - a Mei that didn't even use the wall, no less. I love Mei, but does she even do damage? lol

A good Mei is fine for the mode. She can keep slowing down the bots with primary and alt-fire for sniping and her Ult is decent. And she has self-healing with the ice block.

Recreat3

Dont understand these loot boxes. Constantly getting whites and blues in all my boxes and then i pop the widowmaker talon skin, couple of boxes later i open one with genji blackwatch, torbjorn gold skin (bikie skin not sure of name), bastion purple uprising skin and 250 currency. Not sure if i should be complaining or happy but thats definitely the best loot ox i have ever opened.

LiK

What holiday..... Ohhhhhhhh

Gaf ps4 does well any time I'm not there. I am officially the weak link. GG.

You tend to leave after one or two matches, iirc. I'm not sure how we can get better together if you always do that. Sometimes I feel you tilted and decided to leave after a loss.

People in voice chat are like "Did Cappa leave?" lol

Codiox

Guys, what does PharMercy means? I don't get it.

Also im maining Pharah on PS4

Add me if you like to play sometime: C0D10X

Top Bottom