• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Comp is more fun when you don't care about SR. Who cares about a few losses in a row, just have fun.

I hate this attitude, I wouldn't want to play on a team with a bunch of people who don't care about their rating, if I'm playing comp it's to win and improve my SR. Quick Play is available if you just want to play for fun.

On the topic of SR, I'm at my season high of 2914, I took a massive break from the game so I'm pretty damn rusty but I should get into Diamond soon, then push for Master next season. I would be Diamond already but I've ran into a few end of season trolls who lose on purpose.

BigDug13

I hate this attitude, I wouldn't want to play on a team with a bunch of people who don't care about their rating, if I'm playing comp it's to win and improve my SR. Quick Play is available if you just want to play for fun.

On the topic of SR, I'm at my season high of 2914, I took a massive break from the game so I'm pretty damn rusty but I should get into Diamond soon, then push for Master next season. I would be Diamond already but I've ran into a few end of season trolls who lose on purpose.

I don't think he was suggesting that you play completely carefree like ranking has no meaning. But the other side of that attitude that so many people fall into is to play and get angry at teammates (in solo queue) like your happiness is tied to your ranking.

I've fallen into that trap myself in solo queue. Groaning into the mic when we get something like attack Torb or KOTH Widow.

It's toxic and it's easy to fall into that. If you just play how you play and try to win as much as you normally do, you will achieve the rank your skill level suggests. Some people treat it like it's an RPG leveling system and blame point losses on others. They treat the ranking level like an RPG experience system. Losing matches and rank points to them is like dying and losing experience and levels in an RPG. They see it as an assault on their time investment and the loss is now stealing time away from them or adding time to their "climb" to the level they think they deserve. They get pissed like how I used to get pissed in Everquest when some random player will train mobs to our party and wipe us and I lose exp and levels.

But that's not what the ranking system is or how it should be thought of.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The game is down, so that sucks. I wanted to get my flashy icon tonight :(

All I am saying is that comp is more fun when you don't let losses affect your enjoyment of the game. I am still trying to win and being a good teammate, but at the same time if I lose, even if it's due to trolls and throwers, I won't let it affect me. Ever since I've adopted this attitude, I have been having the same win rate as I did before, and it hasn't made me play worse. If anything it's made me play better since I won't make mistakes due to pressing.

antitrop

Top One Trick Heroes for Season 4 (PC)

jJ4CTYC.png

Summary

One-trick players make up about 10% of all competitive Overwatch players on PC, and this season Mercy has been the go to hero by far. She makes up roughly 1 in 35 of all competitive Overwatch players on PC at the moment. One trick players have had great success with winning matches this season, with the exception of Ana players, where the meta in Season 4 appears to not have been kind to her. The good news for many players is that meta heroes make up the vast majority of all one-tricks, and there are very few niche heroes being played.

Nimby

Banned
A good variety of comps coming out in Apex. As a support main, I'm loving it this season.

Triple support (Ana, Zen, Lucio) on Hollywood used by both LW Blue and Lunatic Hai on defense.
LW Blue used Mercy, Zen, Widow to great effect on Route 66. Gambler had many good resses, Pine was landing great shots.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
One game from promotion and I get another end of season troll who loses on purpose, they really need to clamp down on this, it's griefing of the highest order and they should be banned for the entirety of the next season.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
And now I get put against a 3 stack of smurfs, 50% accuracy Soldier for fuck sake, that's Grand Master level. I've tanked 100 rating when I was 1 game away from promotion.

And now I get put against a 3 stack of smurfs, 50% accuracy Soldier for fuck sake, that's Grand Master level. I've tanked 100 rating when I was 1 game away from promotion.

Sounds like a good time to end a session and revisit tomorrow! If you try and force anymore you're not gonna like the outcome.

antitrop

It took my 3rd promotion match to finally break into the next league this season. You can still do it.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
All the overwatch buzzwords are getting tiring.

"someone picked mercy, that person is a ONE TRICK"
"someone picked hanzo, they are THROWING"
"people are mad I picked hanzo, they are THROWING"
"someone killed me, they are a SMURF"
"someone died normally, they are FEEDING"

aahhhhh

Met my first toxic player tonight. I guess the stories are true.

Despite Jeff's advice there is no "report" function that exists on the ps4, at least none i can find.

Mute, block, play on.

aahhhhh

What's the difference between a smurf and an alt anyway?

antitrop

Smurfing was a term that originally meant creating a second account to intentionally play at a lower rank than your main, but like everything it got overgeneralized to be interchangeable with "alt".

It started in WarCraft II, with two players calling their secret accounts "Papa Smurf" and "Smurfette". There was no skill-based matchmaking back then, and they were so well-known that they had trouble finding people to play against them, hence the secret accounts.

Me as Soldier: "Yo Zen, can you toss up heals to this ledge? I've got a good flank but I'm really low."
Zen: "Where are you?"
Me: "I'm up here, man! I'm waving at you and I'm using the heal command which puts an icon on my position that I ne-"
Zen: "SHUT THE FUCK UP WHERE ARE YOU??"
Me: "I'm up here dude RIGHT HERE-"
*Pharah kills me with a splash damage rocket*

Hanzo: "Can we deal with this fucking Pharah she's not going down"

The Pharah was so tilted that she told me to fuck off in general chat because I was shutting her down so much.

It's not even a lack of game sense, it's literally basic problem solving skills that some people simply do not have. How can you be THAT incompetent that you can't just listen to the person telling you exactly where they are, waving at you and using the heal command?

Blues1990

Me as Soldier: "Yo Zen, can you toss up heals to this ledge? I've got a good flank but I'm really low."
Zen: "Where are you?"
Me: "I'm up here, man! I'm waving at you and I'm using the heal command which puts an icon on my position that I ne-"
Zen: "SHUT THE FUCK UP WHERE ARE YOU??"
Me: "I'm up here dude RIGHT HERE-"
*Pharah kills me with a splash damage rocket*

Hanzo: "Can we deal with this fucking Pharah she's not going down"

The Pharah was so tilted that she told me to fuck off in general chat because I was shutting her down so much.

It's not even a lack of game sense, it's literally basic problem solving skills that some people simply do not have. How can you be THAT incompetent that you can't just listen to the person telling you exactly where they are, waving at you and using the heal command?

How many hours did he have on Zenyatta? Also, how new is this player to the game?

jviggy43

aahhhhh
To be fair the hanzo statements are accurate like 99% of the time.

Jellie

ScreenShot_17-05-20_01-07-03-000.jpg

Pls Jeff, and I thought seeing a gold and a placement duo in a masters game was bad.
Funny thing was we capped A in 30 seconds but got held 1m from second point and almost full held them at A but they won in the last 30 seconds cos our whole team was defending on the payload instead of on the high ground and they just walked in the top right and shot down at them all.
Lost 25 sr for that shit.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like a good time to end a session and revisit tomorrow! If you try and force anymore you're not gonna like the outcome.

It took my 3rd promotion match to finally break into the next league this season. You can still do it.

At this point I've just come to the conclusion it's not going to happen, I left it too late in the season, half of my games are smurfs or end of season trolls who throw on purpose, ranking this late in the season is insanely difficult. I'll still play to win as always but I'm just over it this season. I actually just got out of another game with another troll who threw on purpose, it is just game after game after game tonight, I honestly hate this community so much because it's not rare at all, it's 50/50 if you have one game ruiner on your team.

ScreenShot_17-05-20_01-07-03-000.jpg

Pls Jeff, and I thought seeing a gold and a placement duo in a masters game was bad.
Funny thing was we capped A in 30 seconds but got held 1m from second point and almost full held them at A but they won in the last 30 seconds cos our whole team was defending on the payload instead of on the high ground and they just walked in the top right and shot down at them all.
Lost 25 sr for that shit.

I don't even see what the problem is here

Top Bottom