• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Btw, what's up with so many people always playing Sombra? I though it was a hard to play character and they would go for easier choices, specially in the low skill category (I'm not even ranked yet). I can get the constant fights for who gets to play Widowmaker (And being forced to play healer or tank because nobody wants to do it)

Apart from that, I'm surprised that I barely see any Hanzos. Bad publicity?

Pharahs legendary is really ugly.

No you are ugly :p

Started my night off with a Torb main...sigh.

What the fuck? Finally get a good team and some kid on the opposite team quits when we push the payload to the fountain on Dorado and the match is cancelled. How long is that horse shit in effect?

I think it's 1 minute.

I went 2-1 in soloq! One win we had an attack sym on nubani...they did okay.

I keep seeing if I'll drop below diamond for nedplacements but it's not happening.

It's ok.

I don't want to play with you anymore.

Edit: I was seeing the video again and Batman reactions kills me every single time, thank god the voice was recorded xD

Water

Btw, what's up with so many people always playing Sombra? I though it was a hard to play character and they would go for easier choices, specially in the low skill category (I'm not even ranked yet).
I don't see her that much, but she's fun and works very differently to other heroes, so it's obvious why she sees play. Using an easier character might lift the same player to a somewhat higher rank, but what's the difference? If matchmaking works properly, you're seeing 50/50 results either way.

LiK

This event was quite a failure, imo. People are turned off from the shit lootboxes and the 3v3 maps didn't blow people away. I saw such a major drop off with people playing it this week. I'm sure the double XP weekend will bring most back for the loot grinding but this is more like a non-event.

Is double EXP live? should be 5pm PDT right?

Yep, 5PM PT

Mr Git

I like Total Mayhem but I find even a couple of hours of it starts to lead to some bad habits. Tracer is virtually invincible with constant blinks it's bled into my QP a few times.

I think the problem is the content, there just way too much of it and it's expensive as hell, 3 weeks is too short. They could've just made it permanent since it's the anniversary (at least the dance emotes). Most of it is also really good imo (skins, emotes, voice lines) and I think that's why people are frustrated.

I find the new maps to be pretty good even though I don't like those modes, but I'm sure they pleased a certain crowd. Way better than the Mei snowball offensive at least o_o

LiK

I think the problem is the content, there just way too much of it and it's expensive as hell, 3 weeks is too short. They could've just made it permanent since it's the anniversary (at least the dance emotes). Most of it is also really good imo (skins, emotes, voice lines) and I think that's why people are frustrated.

I find the new maps to be pretty good even though I don't like those modes, but I'm sure they pleased a certain crowd. Way better than the Mei snowball offensive at least o_o

Seriously, all the anniversary stuff should've been perm. A great way to add all this new stuff into the game. But no, make it event-exclusive. Poor decision.

I'm okay with them adding some more variety to the 3v3 maps for people who play the mode. But it feels like they ignored the main game for the anniversary. If they'd announced Horizon at the same time as the 3v3 maps I think it would have felt like more of a successful anniversary, but I guess they didn't want a map on PTR to take away from the main event.

The main problem was yeah, too much stuff for a 3 week event. I think they hit saturation point with people putting up with event exclusive loot boxes. People expected something different with the anniversary event and all they got was just another regular event, but this time with a shit ton of rare stuff that seems to be even rarer. A total of what, four skins have been added to the base game in a year? Not even new basic recolors have been added. It's ridiculous. At least when they added the sit and laugh emotes they weren't tied to any event - but they got greedy with the dance emotes.

Seriously, all the anniversary stuff should've been perm. A great way to add all this new stuff into the game. But no, make it event-exclusive. Poor decision.

I'm hoping Blizzard learns from this and enough people made noise about how poorly thought out the anniversary event was. I get that new stuff for events gets people to come back and play, but if those people open 10 loot boxes and get nothing, they're going to stop playing. And even more will leave between events since there's nothing new to get in regular boxes. I only care about EXP and loot boxes during events and that shouldn't be the case. I mean, even look at GAFers - people are routinely disappointed to get regular legendaries instead of event legendaries at this point. Blizzard's current model isn't going to be sustainable in the long run.

xCobalt

Anyone know if grouping up during placements have a notable impact on your final rank? I was in diamond last season and I think my friend placed around gold. I imagine if I grouped up with him, I would face lower ranked opponents.

LiK

Anyone know if grouping up during placements have a notable impact on your final rank? I was in diamond last season and I think my friend placed around gold. I imagine if I grouped up with him, I would face lower ranked opponents.

It will not. Just think of them as warm-ups.

Mr Git

Okay PS4 chums feel free to add me: Stealthy_Git. EU timezone but massive night owl, mostly play QP but now with added comp am currently goooold.
Mainly play Tracer, D.va, Symmetra, Mei, Sombra, Pharah and Mercy.

Call it what you want but Vault was peaking and then got hooked by standing there in the doorway.

I know it's not a comp game but that is what happened.

He's the tank, who's supposed to go in front? He also has a Ana with a sleep dart ready and Soldier behind him while there's only a mercy in the other team. I mean...

The other hog hooked him without even landing a shot before which is completely stupid, you never want to hook first if you're not sure you'll be able to finish him off. Batman actually managed to kill their hog first even missing the hook (or it broke, I don't know), it was the mercy that finished him off.

Prelude.

So, last season I did my placements at the end of the season and I played a few games just to get to plat, since I was placed just under 2500.
Now I just finished my placements for this season (6-4) and I was actually placed higher than 2550ish at 2675, won one game and I'm at 2722. This is looking pretty good for once, especially not starting from gold.

Anyone know of any fan suggested heroes? Like, are there any abilities/heroes left that would fill a niche/void the game hasn't covered yet?

Trying to think of something, but we already have a pretty creative roster. How many more healing class heroes can they make for example?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Anyone know of any fan suggested heroes? Like, are there any abilities/heroes left that would fill a niche/void the game hasn't covered yet?

Trying to think of something, but we already have a pretty creative roster. How many more healing class heroes can they make for example?

A Mexican Luchador, with throws and cool moves.
Yeah, a grappler character would be crazy awesome.

AbaFadi

Banned

I'd say an anti-air hero for everyone who struggles with Pharmercy that isn't as aim intensive as Soldier or McCree. I don't personally struggle with it much, but it is a common complaint among many people.

It begins, ninja didn't invite me into his comp group.

That one soldier clip...the word is out.

LOL, nothing personal. I would have invited you since i started off solo finishing up placements. Had some friends who came on who I haven't talked to in a few months so I was catching up with them. Next time I'll welcome you with open arms, even though I've seen the soldier clip.

I can hear you breathing, bro.

For those who haven't seen it or heard it, here's the clip Cyber/Jellie keep trolling with.

Some random: "I can hear your breathing, bro."
Pooh: "...GOOD!"

https://clips.twitch.tv/ComfortableEmpathicMetalFutureMan

komaruR

A heros that melee only and can deal with the likes of tracer and genji. Doomfist?? Not tanks tho, they need to rework reaper a bit and keep him a tank buster.

KHlover

Banned
.eJwNxksOhCAMANC7cACq5au3IUjQqJTQGheTufvMW72PesalVrWLdF4BtoMzjU2z0Ei16EpUr5L6wTrTDUkk5f0uTRhm7yZvIhprZ4c-RAsG8f-4hOAC4hS9haedjd6me6vq-wMHPCLh.K0rg49ZbBKrFHCxLEtlNLIh56Lk

Did NOT expect that o_O

Looks like my D.Va still got it :D

EDIT: That's not what I wanted to share. Also won the last match, but I guess I pressed F12 instead of print in my excitement. Anyways, 8-2 in placement matches.

LiK

.eJwNxksOhCAMANC7cACq5au3IUjQqJTQGheTufvMW72PesalVrWLdF4BtoMzjU2z0Ei16EpUr5L6wTrTDUkk5f0uTRhm7yZvIhprZ4c-RAsG8f-4hOAC4hS9haedjd6me6vq-wMHPCLh.K0rg49ZbBKrFHCxLEtlNLIh56Lk

Did NOT expect that o_O

Looks like my D.Va still got it :D

EDIT: That's not what I wanted to share. Also won the last match, but I guess I pressed F12 instead of print in my excitement. Anyways, 8-2 in placement matches.

What was the rank tho?

He's the tank, who's supposed to go in front? He also has a Ana with a sleep dart ready and Soldier behind him while there's only a mercy in the other team. I mean...

The other hog hooked him without even landing a shot before which is completely stupid, you never want to hook first if you're not sure you'll be able to finish him off. Batman actually managed to kill their hog first even missing the hook (or it broke, I don't know), it was the mercy that finished him off.

It doesn't matter who finished who. He was picked off.

Could have been avoided.

I see it's fine to critque Owzers awful aim but Batman's positioning is off the table.

LiK

It doesn't matter who finished who. He was picked off.

Could have been avoided.

I see it's fine to critque Owzers awful aim but Batman's positioning is off the table.

I thought you were referring to PS4 GAF in general but it was just that 3v3 match. Yea, it was a bad game especially when you have a Mercy kill two guys on your team.

Also, don't let Owzers play Soldier.

Top Bottom