• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch (PC/XB1/PS4) releasing by June 21st, "Origins Edition" [Up2: Not F2P]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Update:

『Inaba Resident』;184355756 said:
Contents of the Origin Edition:

"Origins Edition Includes:
21 Heroes
5 skins:
Blackwatch Reyes (Reaper)
Strike-Commander Morrison (Soldier: 76)
Overgrown Bastion
Security Chief Pharah
Slipstream Tracer
Overwatch-themed content for several Blizzard Entertainment games:
Heroes of the Storm™ - Tracer Hero
World of Warcraft® - Baby Winston Pet
StarCraft® II Portraits
Hearthstone® Cardback
Diablo® III - Mercy Wings"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/3rpc8d/just_a_little_look_into_the_origins_edition/

---

Thanks Balmung421.

Notes:
-Someone was able to buy it from GameStop for $40.
-It's still not clear if this is an f2p retail bundle. Note the digital content availability thing on the bottom of the image as well as the fact it's called "Origins Edition".

http://us.battle.net/en/int?r=bnet

bga3j23.jpg

DrkSage

This game is coming to consoles :eek: sweet!
for some odd reason I thought it was PC only
Edit: aaaaah it was recently announced it was coming to consoles. I haven't been keeping up with any news related to this game lol :p

The "_______ Edition" naming scheme really implies this is just a retail presence for the game + bonus content.

I imagine it's the base game, plus enough premium outfits, skins, premium currency, etc to justify the price.

It'll still be F2P, I anticipate.

The "_______ Edition" naming scheme really implies this is just a retail presence for the game + bonus content.

I imagine it's the base game, plus enough premium outfits, skins, premium currency, etc to justify the price.

My guess as well. This going is going to be massive on all platforms.

Bsigg12

That's what I'm thinking since Blizzard already does that with Heroes of the Storm.

Thought this was going to be a Free to play game I can jump in and jump out whenever. Kinda disappointed. I mean if it is actually Buy to play of course.
The question now is digital purchases shared across platforms. For some reason I'm feeling no.

Gonna say no.

Top Bottom