• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Summer Games 2017 Trailer and Skins, live now

jediyoshi

My problem with Lucio Ball is the fact that the arena is miles too big for 3v3. They should have either gone 5v5, or made the arena smaller.

It has the opposite problem, the arena should be bigger. Right now it leads to people thinking they're able to play every position because it takes no time to get from one end to the other. If it was larger, it'd lead to more utilizing the wallrun and make committing to chasing the ball more risky.

edgefusion

I have the same problem in Lucioball as I do playing Lucio normally....his boops do fucking nothing when I use them.

Malice215

Sombra's skin is amazing just for the hair style alone. Glad I was able to get it from one of the free loot boxes because I wasn't a fan of her existing skins.

Was also able to get a bunch of stuff that I missed out on during the last Summer Games. I'll probably drop some cash towards the end of the event.

I still wonder why new skins are so infrequent, and why the entire cast doesn't get one with each event.

Is it just Blizzard tapping into the "there's only 6 this time, it's feasible for me to collect them all" mentality?

LiK

I still wonder why new skins are so infrequent, and why the entire cast doesn't get one with each event.

Is it just Blizzard tapping into the "there's only 6 this time, it's feasible for me to collect them all" mentality?

Basically allows them to have new ones for the other heroes next year. Keep rotating them so people will come back for the new skins and also not blow their load on one event and need to come up with more new skins for the entire roster. It is a lot of work if they did everyone at once.

Betty

Banned
I think Lucioball is great, only downside is the tiny bit of XP you get from playing it.

In general it's so slow to gain XP in this game to get Loot Boxes -_-

LiK

I think Lucioball is great, only downside is the tiny bit of XP you get from playing it.

In general it's so slow to gain XP in this game to get Loot Boxes -_-

It counts for the weekly lootboxes for wins tho so that's a plus.

LordofPwn

finished my placements on a 5 win streak to go 6-4, got placed high platinum, should be able to reach diamond no problem. when does the regular competitive season end? still need to do 2 more placements and i wont go back until server issues subside

Bought the 24 lootbox pack.

Got 2 Epic skins:
DVA and Torbjorn (only missing americree now. The only one I care about)

Got 3 non event skins:
Reinhardt's white/gold, valkyrie mercy, colossus doomfist

4 Event Legendaries:
Widowmaker
Mercy
Reaper
Junkrat

9 purple and gold skins (6 being legendary) out of 24 boxes is pretty good! Thats like a legendary every 4 boxes :)

cakely

Lucio ball is fun! hmm.. Maybe I should finally buy Rocket League since I like Lucio ball so much.

If you like the general idea of Lucio Ball, you should. The execution of Rocket League is so far beyond what they did in LB. LB is just a shallow knockoff of RL.

LiK

Bought the 24 lootbox pack.

Got 2 Epic skins:
DVA and Torbjorn (only missing americree now. The only one I care about)

Got 3 non event skins:
Reinhardt's white/gold, valkyrie mercy, colossus doomfist

4 Event Legendaries:
Widowmaker
Mercy
Reaper
Junkrat

9 purple and gold skins (6 being legendary) out of 24 boxes is pretty good! Thats like a legendary every 4 boxes :)

Bought 50 pack since I had $20 in PSN money for free from the Sony Rewards. It literally gave me everything except Sombra's new skin from this event. Even everything I missed last year and everything else this year. So I only need to play for her one skin, haha.

Bought 50 pack since I had $20 in PSN money for free from the Sony Rewards. It literally gave me everything except Sombra's new skin from this event. Even everything I missed last year and everything else this year. So I only need to play for her one skin, haha.

Nice dude. My needs are simpler: I just need/want 76 and McCree. I already have Widow and Mercy. idgaf about the rest. I don't have enough credits to buy them and I know I won't play enough OW between now and the end of the event to get them out of random chests.

Prolly gonna have to put down more cash which I am not happy about.

LiK

Nice dude. My needs are simpler: I just need/want 76 and McCree. I already have Widow and Mercy. idgaf about the rest. I don't have enough credits to buy them and I know I won't play enough OW between now and the end of the event to get them out of random chests.

Prolly gonna have to put down more cash which I am not happy about.

The less dupes patch is def a great benefit to people who buy lootboxes. I'm sure you'll get what you want with the next pack if you don't get it from leveling up.

I think Blizzard has cursed me with tracer skins, they are all I'm getting.

I've gotten a bunch for her as well while hunting for the Widowmaker skin. Sucks because I don't play her and she's arguably the worst-dressed character in the game. For the character that gets the most skins, you'd think more of them would be good.

I got my Summer Games 2017 Mercy skin!
hX4yuXr.gif

Now I just need Solder 76, Widowmaker, and McCree's skins as well as Lucio's Selecao skin and I can rest!

Then I just have to focus on getting the highlight intros and stuff.

bender

What time is it?
Got all my Lucioball placement matches done last night. It's really not enjoyable but I play a ton of Rocket League so that probably colors my opinion. At the very least, the games are too damned long.

Started strong on Ranked Lucioball but last 3 matches have had terrible teammates who are always out of position.

Lucioball is fun but dear Lord does it require some good luck with randos

Pilgrimzero

Played Lucioball for the free crate. Suck at it.

Got the Hat Trick achievement in the third match. Scored a goal while being goalie for my side. Launched it clear across the map and scored.

LordofPwn

I bought a 50 pack and the only thing i didn't get was the new McCree Skin and Ana emote. I'm about halfway to enough credits to just buy them.

Zarya continues to have the best voice lines.

I love all of the new skins, would much rather we get summer games every 6 months instead of once a year. just make all the skins blizzard. make theme packs, id buy em.

Well, I got the 3000 Mercy skin, I just need the other one (I think it's cheaper, so I'm not worried about it) and her medal Victory Pose. I'm glad I don't really like any other skin, but I'd be glad if I were to get Sombra's and D.Va's

I didn't get to play Lúcioball last year, and now that I finally play it... I don't like it. It's way too simple, and frankly boring. Perhaps with more players it would be more interesting, or maybe more characters (I don't know, maybe Zarya would push the ball further but she is slower, and Tracer would be quicker but her push would be more like Lúcio's normal punch)

Anyway, at least it's not Mei's Snowball Offensive.

sgtmofo

Neo Member
Lucioball is a fun diversion, but when you've played Rocket League, it's hard not to see Lucioball as just a poor man's version of it. Still fun to play though.

Top Bottom