• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Summer Games Event August 8th, Lucioball Strikes Back [Skins Leaking]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed for August 8th!
Developer Update
I thought we needed a new thread since the other one was for a teaser.

Things that are coming:
  • New skins for Mercy, Lucio (?), McCree, Widowmaker, and Junkrat confirmed so far.
  • Mercy's new skin is one of Jeff's favorite skins of all time.
  • Lucioball returns with some changes added. AKA No more hiding behind the goalie of the opposing team and booping them away as the ball comes.
  • Lucio gets a new ultimate for Lucioball.
  • All previous Summer Games Skins cost the same price as the normal Overwatch skins. Other items such as voice lines and sprays are coming back as well.
  • Competitive Lucioball announced. It's called Copa Lucioball. 3 weeks long! Play 10 placement matches to get a spray. But if you manage to get to the Top 500 in your region you get an extra spray.
  • No new Tracer skin so far.
    HOORAY!
  • Roadhog gets no love.
  • New skin for Sombra confirmed!

EDIT: Might as well mention this. People datamined the content from one of the patches that contained the Summer Games 2017 items. Here's the list:

From Reddit said:
Reaper:
*Two Summer Games items

Tracer:
*One Summer Games item
*One EVENT_8 item

Mercy:
*One non-event item
*Two Summer Games items

Hanzo:
*Two Summer Games items
*One EVENT_8 item

Torbjorn:
*One Summer Games item

Reinhardt:
*One Summer Games item
*One EVENT_8 item

Pharah:
*Two Summer Games items

Winston:
*One Summer Games item

Widowmaker:
*Two Summer Games items

Bastion:
*One Summer Games item
*One EVENT_8 item

Symmetra:
*One Summer Games item
*One EVENT_8 item

Zenyatta:
*One Summer Games item

Genji:
*One Summer Games item
*One EVENT_8 item

Roadhog:
*One Summer Games item

McCree:
*Two Summer Games items
*One EVENT_8 item

Junkrat:
*Two Summer Games items
*One EVENT_8 item

Zarya:
*Two Summer Games items

Soldier 76:
*Two Summer Games items
*One EVENT_8 item

Lucio:
*Two Summer Games items

D.VA:
*One Summer Games item
*One EVENT_8 item

Mei:
*One Summer Games item

Sombra:
*Four Summer Games items
*One EVENT_8 item (Note: there is an additional item listed here as "Hero Metadata" instead of "Cosmetic". I don't know what this is.)

Ana:
*Three Summer Games items

Orisa:
*One non-event item
*Four Summer Games items

Achievement Rewards:
*Eight new items (one of these is likely a player icon for logging in, and thus isn't tied to an achievement)

Summer Games (not tied to any hero):
*One new player icon

singhr1

Vid

Things that are coming:
  • New skins for Mercy, Lucio (?), McCree, Widowmaker, and Junkrat confirmed so far.
    [*]Mercy's new skin is Jeff's favorite skin of a time.
  • Lucioball returns with some changes added.
  • All previous Summer Games Skins cost the same price as the normal Overwatch skins.
  • Competitive Lucioball announced. 3 weeks long! Play 10 placement matches to get a spray. But if you manage to get to the Top 500 in your region you get an extra spray.
  • Roadhog gets no love.

One of*

Maximo

New Mercy Skin......
tenthdoctor%20oookay.gif~c200

Jeffs favorite so far...be still heart.

Hope one of the changes to Lucioball is a bit of a movement speed boost, couldn't stand how slow that mode was as much as I loved the idea.

rulerk1

got this game like a week after the event ended so this will fun to play it finally. And dat Zarya skin too

Crono27

Sigh.. last year was in Europe during this. Same for this year during vacation. Hopefully it's still around when I get back.

OVDRobo

I know there's only limited things they can add to this game but the constant mention of 'skin this' and 'spray that' in the developer update while we're getting fundamentally the same content as last year just disappoints me.

At least the lootboxes are less awful this year and you can actually buy what you don't get through luck.

I'll take a quick look for the hell of it but I'm really done with Overwatch at this point.

mollipen

I'm missing ONE Mercy event unlockable—her "Piece of kek/cake" line—so those had better be coming back too. If not, that damn thing is going to haunt me until the day I die.

ToonLink

I didn't have the game during the event last year so I'm happy newer players get a chance to get the old skins too.

I'm missing ONE Mercy event unlockable—her "Piece of kek/cake" line—so those had better be coming back too. If not, that damn thing is going to haunt me until the day I die.
It is! All previously available Summer Games items will be made available to get through Loot Boxes or with coins for the first time. At the same price as the normal Overwatch items.

Funny enough I'm missing the one Genji voice line from this event so I wanted to make extra sure I can get it too.

mollipen

It is! All previously available Summer Games items will be made available to get through Loot Boxes or with coins for the first time. At the same price as the normal Overwatch items.

I knew Jeff specifically mentioned skins, but wasn't certain on the other stuff. I expected that it would be, but nice to know for sure.

I know there's only limited things they can add to this game but the constant mention of 'skin this' and 'spray that' in the developer update while we're getting fundamentally the same content as last year just disappoints me.
I really don't understand. What do you want? They're bringing the old items plus adding (supposedly) 40 new items. That plus the new Loot Box mechanic allows for far less repeats.

They're also not only adding Lucioball back but they're reworking it. And they're adding a competitive version of it.

NeatoKuni

Just like last thread

let's get some reinhardt in tight sports ware pls.

kinda sad there wasn't a general summer event. really want blizzard to make a nautical siren skin for widow having her say "one shrimp, one krill" while looking down her sights. i beg.

Delio

Developer Update

Things that are coming:
  • Mercy's new skin is one of Jeff's favorite skins of all time.
  • Lucioball returns with some changes added. AKA No more hiding behind the goalie of the opposing team and booping them away as the ball comes.
  • All previous Summer Games Skins cost the same price as the normal Overwatch skins. Other items such as voice lines and sprays are coming back as well.
  • Competitive Lucioball announced. It's called Copa Lucioball. 3 weeks long! Play 10 placement matches to get a spray. But if you manage to get to the Top 500 in your region you get an extra spray.
  • No new Tracer skin so far.
    HOORAY!
  • Roadhog gets no love.

EDIT: Might as well mention this. People datamined the content from one of the patches that contained the Summer Games 2017 items. Here's the list:

Oh gosh what will be Mercy's skin. I will have it.

Oooh neat, new McCree and Junkrat skins.
Interested in playing Lucioball since I missed the event last year.
Yasss, the previous skins will be unlocked as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom