• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch twitter puts up teaser for new hero (biotic sniper, presumably Sombra)

Hato-kun

I think there's little reason to believe it's Pharah's mom anymore. Aside from 'they're snipers' there's like 0 connection. Sombra is related to the reactor in Dorado, is a spanish word to begin with, uses a very clearly different rifle... I mean it could be, but it would be pretty random.
This is also true. Only similarities are the sniper, possibly a woman, and that's about it?

Squire

Banned
Symmetra and Lucio are connected to each other via Vishka, on opposing sides, so yeah they're kinda self contained. Roadhog and Junkrat are Australian terrorists so idk. I always saw Zarya and Dva are symbols of the newer generation of would-be Overwatch agents, if the organization didn't collapse.

The thing about Sombra is, they've been teasing her in very deliberate ways. Documents on her in a stage on the same table as Soldier 76 (one of the files being Jack Morrison's real name to boot?), a sniper who is hiding her face, a sniper rifle which was prototyped within Overwatch during the time Anna was still at Overwatch, Anna being a sniper and the only original Overwatch agent who is "dead" and not accounted for? I don't see how it would be "random" at all since it's part of the tease.

The nature of Sombra's codename is definitely linked to Dorado, and she's definitely operating in that area for some story reason, but that's no reason to think it wouldn't be Anna with some personal agenda post-Overwatch. Worked out for Soldier 76 and Reaper after all.

Yeah, the evidence that it's Anna is pretty substantial. The Brazilian version of the teaser may as well be the cap on the argument.

-Torb built the rifle
-Mercy knew it wouldn't end well
-Overwatch collapses, Amari goes rogue, Mercy is right!

Top Bottom