• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch twitter puts up teaser for new hero (biotic sniper, presumably Sombra)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This should be Sombra, the Support Sniper.

"J. Morrison" is Soldier 76 and "G. Reyes" is Reaper.

Source: https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/750736158624215040

[ARCHIVE] Communications Records of Ziegler, A. – Overwatch File 00231 – Security Classification: CONFIDENTIAL

CmsjJH1UMAEcsVT.jpg:large

Short recap of the previous thread (viewable here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1221385):

wDBFvCf.png

Eurogamer: Whilst we're talking new heroes, how did you find it when people started speculating that a new hero, called Sombra, was about to be revealed around the time of your last animated short? Was that strange, from your perspective?

Jeff Kaplan: No, it was not strange. We have put a lot of hints, all over the game and out of the game, so I would say it's about time that people are concerned with who Sombra is. I hope they keep researching more and find more hints that are out there.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-07-overwatch-blizzard-answers-the-big-questions

The popular guess is that she's Pharah's mother, Ana Amari, seen below:

Update:

The Brazilian version is also mailed to Ana Amari:

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
A rifle that shoots heals is pretty cool.

Will a new map come with the hero?

They have two maps in the final art creation phase, but they don't have a timeline for them yet.

The heroes are also coming out one at a time, with several nearing completion.

So... hard to say, but it shouldn't be too much longer before regular content updates start dropping.

Mman235

Is it too much to hope that the 360 noscope Widow and Hanzo every game crowd will make themselves useful by picking this character instead?

Yes.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Sounds like a healer rifle that might overcharge and do damage, or damage as an ultimate ability

soooo, apropos of zero evidence besides that teaser (aka pure speculation/tales from my ass):

primary fire: snipe-to-heal, maybe instant 50%/100% health considering it's more difficult to use than the other healing options?
secondary fire: snipe-to-poison, constant damage-over-time? but how to make that useful when you already have people that can snipe and kill instantly? hmm

Ketch

it seems like a really impractical way to heal people.

in all seriousness though, I'm concerned with the new supports overlap with zenyatta whose already a low mobility long range high dps support.

soooo, apropos of zero evidence besides that teaser (aka pure speculation/tales from my ass):

primary fire: snipe-to-heal, maybe instant 50%/100% health considering it's more difficult to use than the other healing options?
secondary fire: snipe-to-poison, constant damage-over-time? but how to make that useful when you already have people that can snipe and kill instantly? hmm

thats the other interesting part, how do you add another sniper? Maybe she doesn't attack the enemy team at all.

jony_m

Interesting. Looking forward to not getting murdered in the middle of fights bc people dont protect healers

Auctopus

I imagine the first few weeks of a new hero will be frustrating as everyone wants to play them.

Healing/Sniper sounds cool.

Mendrox

Please new map and her this month. Next month new skins and another map. September for another character and season 2 ranked. If they have this pacing and will balance things inbetween I won't quit this game ever.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I feel like this might have some sort of like drain life effect since the notes in the picture seem to imply that it is a weaponized heal.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Interesting. Looking forward to not getting murdered in the middle of fights bc people dont protect healers

Now you can look forward to Genji and Tracers!

On the plus side Genji might reflect heals back to you

Rocketz

I get the feeling she is going to work like Val from Evolve. She is going to be able to place multiple points on enemies that if you hit will do double damage.

She heals teammates then by shooting them with healing darts or whatever.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Servers will be full of snipers which can heal.

Shit will be glorious.

J-Skee

So it's a sniper with the ability to shoot teammates & heal them? I'm actually really into that. This may get me to buy the game.

Or what if:

snipe friendly: that becomes the target for healing
snipe enemy: leech health from that enemy to your targeted ally when that ally takes damage, or yourself if no target?

Pooya

Hopefully it's an effective character that also appeals to all the awful hanzo and widow 'mains' and push them to make the jump. Sniper for people that can't aim, now you support your team instead, it just needs to be comparable to Lucio or Mercy in healing and not similar to Zen, Zen is somewhat a support sniper too but this one doesn't look like is able to actually snipe enemies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Fan art of Sombra

LETS GET THE HYPE TRAIN GOING, CHOO CHOO

CmsqQlmWYAA1Avd.jpg

it seems like a really impractical way to heal people.

in all seriousness though, I'm concerned with the new supports overlap with zenyatta whose already a low mobility long range high dps support.

thats the other interesting part, how do you add another sniper? Maybe she doesn't attack the enemy team at all.

Zenyatta's heals are regen/gradual, plus a sniper would have an even greater range putting them out of harm's way. The amount of health brought back could ostensibly work like Widowmaker's damage output with a perfect shot bringing you to full health. On top of that, it looks like she may have healing sentries, or possibly grenades, for AOE/auto heals. Very neat.

I could see her carving out her own unique space easily.

Is it fair to say that she won't show up until this season is over? I doubt they'd want to drop a new hero in the middle of a ranked season. And it'd be a good way to keep people interested if at the end they added a new hero and maybe a couple of new maps.

Top Bottom