• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Uprising Event Available Now | Trailer | Info

Oxn

Seems like all the legendary skins require new model work. They aren't just recolors or retextures like the Reinhardt and Bastion skins.

Everybody's always asking for more legendary skins for the characters. Sometimes I feel like Blizzard is in a no-win situation. Get criticized for not making enough legendary skins. Get criticized for making too many.

I mean just dont make a legendary cost 3k is all im asking

Thats pretty redic. 2k seems more fair.

Spent 20 bucks. Bought 24 boxes. Got the Mercy, Rein, Tracer, and Torb skins. I'll play through the event now and if I don't get what I want I might drop another 20 we'll see.

Clipse

Stuck at work. Would anyone mind listing who got new highlight intros, emotes and victory poses please? Much appreciated!

You can get 7 boxes it seems from Arcade mode this update.

1st win Uprising
1st win Uprising (all heroes)
3v3 elimation
CTF
and 3 from 9 wins.

This would've been a good time to make striker commander and Reyes available to the public but whatever.

My pre-order has never been more justified. I've been playing as SC Morrison since launch.

What does this mean? Is there one mode where you only play as the four heroes in the trailer, and one mode where you can play with any hero?

Yes. Added in as feedback from Junkenstein's Revenge.

Cels

This would've been a good time to make striker commander and Reyes available to the public but whatever.

they're available to the public via the origins edition upgrade

the only things that are unavailable are blizzcon 2016 bastion and noire widowmaker (although noire is still around in collector's editions boxes or any unsold first edition origins edition boxes)

What does this mean? Is there one mode where you only play as the four heroes in the trailer, and one mode where you can play with any hero?

ya

ka7XLjN.jpg

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Is the Uprising mode locked on 30fps, or is it just me?

Jaraghan

I'm no lore master, but wasn't Soldier part of Overwatch? Shouldn't he get a skin as well? His emote is great though.

Edit: nvm lol his skin is already in the game im dumb

I tried one game of Uprising in Legendary difficulty and ended up with Torb. You will die near instantly unless Reinhardt is spot on with his shield while you are capping a zone. They come from behind and front lines.

LifEndz

Wow, that Dva intro is amazing. So far my must haves are that intro, Mercy's, Genji's and McCree's skin. Looking forward to getting home and playing.

Cels

i assume there are event-related achievements with spray unlocks, just like all the snowball fight or junkenstein's revenge. can you complete the achievements in both modes?

oh nvm you actually have to play the all heroes mode to do it, one of the achievements is to win on 8 different heroes which obviously would not be possible without playing the pve all heroes mode

there's also one to keep payload above 80% (with the 4 original heroes, on hard), and to beat the mode (4 original heroes) on legendary which i assume will be the two hardest

Lemonte

Managed to play that pve thing before getting booted out of the servers. It was pretty cool. I would like to see more pve content.

Can't wait to get home and play! Crossing my fingers for a permanent PvE mode for the game's first anniversary. Either way, I'm happy to see that we don't currently have an Arcade loot box reward tied to the 1v1 mode. I just haven't been good enough to win in that mode. Failed so many times that I'm not even motivated to try anymore.

Yukinari

Add a hat and to a character and make their clothes blue = legendary.

Blizzard should just make all of them legendary, dont even bother with the Epic rarity.

Cels

this update seemed to be bugged so that you got a loot box every time you win any arcade game even though it's supposed to just be for your first win on that type of game

i'm guessing they took the servers down for maintenance to fix this bug

Top Bottom