• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Uprising Event Available Now | Trailer | Info

What.
The patch reset my graphical settings. Gee, thanks Blizzard...
Although, getting Reinhardt's event skin from the free loot box is nice gift.

Getting your first POTG with the selfie intro.

pete-campbell-dance.gif

Bought 50 boxes and will be easier to post what I don't have
-blackwatch genji
-null sector orisa
-chief engineer lindholm torbjörn
-selfie highlight intro d.va

Now to grind out the rest

Edit just got the d.va highlight intro from a levelling up loot box

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
im loving the new mode but damn finding a good group is hard.

I always play healer cause thats what I can do best. However, people keep running really far from me and then keep spamming "I need healing".

Well maybe if you guys hadnt split up in 3 separate directions I would heal all of you.

Uggh. I cant win a single hard game.

Just beat it on hard All Heroes. Had a good group, this was MADE for Bastion. Didn't die even once.

It's been that way since release, but maybe they'll fix it since he's actually differentiated now.

I'm talking about hearing his pre-Reaper voice for the first time, and it's so different from his eventual Reaper voice that it's kind of unnerving. I expected basically the same voice but less gravelly.

DR2K

Banned
I don't understand Overwatches loot box selection. I got Torbs 2nd legendary 3 times and Orisa's twice.

Got most of what I wanted, save for Rein, and bought mercy with cash from duplicates.

Why the game decided I needed four Tracer skins, two widows, and two mecree, I'll never know.

I'm going to be out of town for a week during the event with no real chance to play, so I said fuck it and dropped $20 on lootboxes. I got the Reinhardt, Tracer, and both Torbjorn skins. I just need the Mercy and I think I'll be content. As cool as the Genji skin is, I never play as him. Same with McCree.

Torbjorn with the chops is pretty goofy looking though. I love it.

FAKE EDIT: I also got the D.va highlight intro. Nice.

Betty

Banned
I got one of my main's Rein, chuffed.

Still want Mercy, Mcree, Widow, Tracer, Bastion, Genji and both Torbs, basically everything.

3 boxes so far and 3x grey, grey, blue, grey shit.

This is Overwatch.

All I want is D.Vas selfie one anyway, and maybe Mercy's new skin. I like her hair. Def not buying it though.

Fun mode, probably even more fun w/ a pre-made.

We had trouble perfecting the halloween event on the hardest difficulty, I foresee similar problems this time, haven't pickled up on the enemy wave timings yet

MUnited83

For you.
Neat, got Blackwatch Genji on my very first box. Now I just need Blackwatch McCree, Talon Widow and Dva selfie emote and I'm set.

Yooooooooo! Symmetra absolutely owns in Uprising. Turrets decimate those small laser machines and you just hold R2 to win. Plus, you almost always have an ult (shields).

Of course, it helps that I had a Mercy pocketing me.

besada

Banned
I have received dick all from the new loot. Got copies of legendary non-event skins I already had, and lots of crappy sprays I already had.

This event is amazing

I love that it is its own thing and not just based off of a Holiday / Season. Feels cool having a bit of story / context in there

The PvE mode is excellent. Lots of depth / strategy to it in the harder modes

The new skins are mostly all great.

Really Bravo Blizzard. Personally I think this is their best event yet and I hope to see more like it in the future

Two Weekly boxes, two level up and the free box so far:

- Torbjorn Event Legendary
- Reinhardt Event Epic
- Genji Legendary (But not an event one...)

The one I really want is Mercy's (I only have 1500 gold). I hope I can either amass enough money or get it via drop.

But the best thing about this is the PvE mode. I love how polished it is and how most/every? character has related voices and so. I hope for more PvE AND that they keep this one as a permanent mode, as they did CtF.

Just finishing up arcade boxes, got Orisa and Widowmaker event skin. Pretty cool but I never use Widowmaker and Orisa is kinda eh... slow? Only one I want this event is McCree's blackwatch.

Apparently people don't realize that on hard the robots can fuck you up if you separate. Three times I've had a Reinhardt player just leave us to go fight robots nowhere near the objective and they always end up causing us to all die.

Anbec7

Got 2 Genjis in a row lol

Is there a video with all the interactions from the team event? I have been trying to pay attention to it but constantly screaming on the mic doesnt help.

Apparently people don't realize that on hard the robots can fuck you up if you separate. Three times I've had a Reinhardt player just leave us to go fight robots nowhere near the objective and they always end up causing us to all die.
Hurt so bad when a Rein charged in and died on the final stretch with 2 Orisa's left.

Wanderer5

I had a Soldier 76 once, when we captured the second control point, that was going the opposite direction from the last control point to kill some robots, and he was like in the street area where I got to him in time as healer before he got down lol.

I also saw a Reaper going ahead to try to solo the bastion sentry that is on side when you enter the final area, and got downed.

LiK

Stylosa did a 50 lootbox unboxing and the only legendary he got was for Tracer (he got it twice). Everything else was Epic or lower. I feel like they totally nerfed legendary drop rates even tho they deny it.

Maximo

Stylosa did a 50 lootbox unboxing and the only legendary he got was for Tracer (he got it twice). Everything else was Epic or lower. I feel like they totally nerfed legendary drop rates even tho they deny it.

Believe they have said Hearthstone packs don't have a flat percentage and its all *Fluid* wouldn't surprise me if its the same for Overwatch.

MaxiLive

5 crates All 3 greys and a blue. Feels bad!

I enjoy the lore they are adding with the PVE game modes, I enjoy it shame it is a little short and doesn't have that much replay-ability but guessing that is to be expected for a competitive MP focused game.

It would be interesting if they could invest a little more time in a PVE mode that plays out on a new map a bit like a raid in Destiny with some unique scripted events/puzzles etc. Then the reward is a loot box that guarantees one Legendary skin/coins on Hard but can only be completed once a week etc.

Trickster

Pretty ridiculous to put it mildly.

sca2511

Pity timer. Probably counts for dupes as well.

LiK

5 crates All 3 greys and a blue. Feels bad!

I enjoy the lore they are adding with the PVE game modes, I enjoy it shame it is a little short and doesn't have that much replay-ability but guessing that is to be expected for a competitive MP focused game.

It would be interesting if they could invest a little more time in a PVE mode that plays out on a new map a bit like a raid in Destiny with some unique scripted events/puzzles etc. Then the reward is a loot box that guarantees one Legendary skin/coins on Hard but can only be completed once a week etc.

They should unlock the Overwatch Agent skins for people who beat it on Expert or Legenday. Sprays only are lame.

It's probably been asked before, but do you get more XP for completing it on harder difficulties?

Also, I don't play Mercy much (although she is probably the highest played outside of my 'main heroes'), but I need her skin.

StayDead

They should unlock the Overwatch Agent skins for people who beat it on Expert or Legenday. Sprays only are lame.

Don't make it harder than it already is to get the tracer skin please.

I'm only missing Tracer and Torb from those skins. i got lucky and got mercy.

Top Bottom