• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Winter Wonderland now live (Trailer, Skins, Mei's Snowball Offensive)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gjn0ObXWak

Blizzard said:
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20393880

JINGLE ALL THE WAY TO OVERWATCH'S WINTER WONDERLAND
by Blizzard Entertainment 12/13/2016

Jingle All the Way to Overwatch's Winter Wonderland

It's the most wonderful time of the year, and we hope you'll join us for some holiday cheer!

That's right—Overwatch is getting into the holiday spirit with a brand-new seasonal event. We’ve decked the halls of Hanamura and King’s Row, stuffed our Loot Boxes full of festive goodies, and arranged an extra-special snowball fight for you and your friends. So, grab a mug of hot cocoa, put on your favorite ugly sweater, and get ready to jingle all the way to Overwatch's Winter Wonderland!

Starting today, all in-game Loot Boxes have been replaced with our impeccably wrapped Winter Loot Boxes, and they’re filled to the brim with over 100 new cosmetic trimmings!

As with previous events, Winter Loot Boxes can be earned or purchased, and each will contain at least one item from our 2016 Winter Wonderland collection—including profile icons, sprays, victory poses, emotes, highlight intros, skins, and more! While the contents of each seasonal Loot Box are random, you can unlock a variety of these cordial customization options in the Hero Gallery throughout the event’s duration.

Once you've unlocked an item, it will be yours forever, which means you can get into holly jolly hijinks all year-round. The collection will be dashing back into the vault on January 2, however (when the event concludes), so be sure to fire up your favorite gaming machine and celebrate before it’s too late!

During this year’s Winter Wonderland event, you’ll also be able to queue up for a brand new brawl: Mei’s Snowball Offensive! Mei’s Snowball Offensive is a 6v6, single-elimination shindig featuring everyone's favorite climatologist—and she's got a few new tricks up her fur-lined sleeve.

In this brawl, Mei's Endothermic Blaster no longer unleashes a stream of frost or shoots icicles. Instead, it's been modified to fire a single, super-powered snowball. Taking down an enemy only takes one hit, but a miss can be costly. Once your weapon is empty, your enemies will have the advantage as you search for the nearest snow pile to reload, so don't forget to cover your retreat with ice walls and cryo-freeze to block their attacks—and when the battle starts to heat up, you can activate Mei's Ultimate, which turns her blaster into a semi-automatic snowball launcher, allowing you to fire continuously as your enemies scatter.

We'll also be spreading some good tidings and cheer over on our social media pages, so be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for a steady stream of joyful gifs, merry memes, and more—and don't forget to keep an eye on playoverwatch.com for the latest game news!

Stay frosty, heroes, and happy holidays from all of us at Blizzard Entertainment. Winter Wonderland is live RIGHT NOW on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, so get in there and get merry!

Skins via Garrett Hawke:
pUoo45i.png

Other things:

ZTBsAay.gif

RcGFOAO.gif

3K2FTgl.gif

Zz4W7vl.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I should start playing Overwatch again

Yes, you can buy with in game currency at 3x the normal price for each rarity slot.

Yes, you earn these boxes upon level up like normal loot boxes.

Just throwing those out there.

Magnus

Man, 25 boxes and only 1 legendary skin, but at least it was Winston's.

I really want Santabjorn and Nutyatta.

Wanderer5

No spending loot boxes this time.:p Pharah's skin is the only one that I really want so I just use currency on it.

Legendaries selection is still nice, even through Mei looks so much like a epic skin.

Also isn't that D.Va image just a pose?

So I'm gonna need that Zenyatta and Winston skin.

I really don't wanna deal with dumb as teammates though, my quality of life went up once I stopped playing overwatch.

Welp like I said in the other thread, I've got 3k coins saved and ready to be spent. Also probably gonna just buy at least 20 crates.

Some of these skins are great.

And that Widowmaker Intro.....Lord almighty

EndMerit

God-tier skins for Pharah and Reaper. Zarya's is one of her best too, which unfortunately isn't saying much, but her emote is amazing.

Junkrat and Roadhog's matching sprays are pretty strong too.

maouvin

The brawl sounds great.

I wanted to dive back into SRL, but this new event might suck all my gaming time for today.

Top Bottom