• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Winter Wonderland now live (Trailer, Skins, Mei's Snowball Offensive)

Ah no worries, you'll probably hit it big in the rumored new year event.

Yeah I've done ok this event. Haven't gotten any of the Orange skins but most of the Purples. I have over 3k coins I could use for one of the rarest skins if I wanted to but I think I'll save the coin for next event

Widowmaker Heroic Intro! Too bad I'll never have a chance to show it off. I also got a Mei snow man emote. The snow man sticks around after its done. Thanks Based Blizzard!

Shoyz

Dude the Zarya emote is fucking awesome. It's legendary for good reason

Yeah, it's the best emote. But as a Christmas legend, it's no Nutcracker or Yeti! Mostly just my dislike of Zarya, and utter shock at getting it minutes after dissing it. Then getting the only other 2 items I did not want.

Caim

I got the Zarya legendary emote and the Nutcracker skin for Zenyatta.

I'm satisfied!

I would like to get the Symmetra snowflake highlight intro though.

Vlaphor

Through buying two sets of $10 boxes, plus the leveling up I've been doing, and the free boxes from Blizzard...I have enough coins to buy the Widowmaker emote. I'm still around 1000 coins from the Mei Snowman costume which is what I really want...

So far I've gotten Tracer Elf, Ice Reaper, Lució's skin, Zarya's skin, and the Widow and Sym highlights from loot boxes, including the free ones. I'm getting pretty close to 3k coins, so I figure I'll at least be able to get Zen's skin and call it a day. I'd like Torb and Winstom's skins too, but given the choice of spending money.

Acidote

I've opened more than 40 winter boxes so far.

Peppermint Sombra, Freezer Pharah and the Zarya emote is all I've got.

Frobary

10 loot boxes
Tracer - Holiday skin
Pharah - Holiday skin x 3 lol
Winston - Holiday skin
McCree - Holiday skin
Lucio - Legendary skin
Zenyatta - Legendary skin

Good :d

What with all the people talking about 5 free loot boxes, I have to ask. Are they some sort of Christmas gift or something? I logged in yesterday and didn't get anything and I'm in office today due to some fuckery at work. Are they limited time period gifts or can I get them if I log in tomorrow or day after as well? I think the only thing left that I really want is the Reaper skin, but Symmetra highlight video is pretty cool too, though I pick her very rarely.

Celeras

Banned
Oh man I just shelled out 3000 for the Zenyatta skin thinking I wouldn't have time to get any more boxes! Scared to open these now haha.

oti

Banned
Got a legendary Zenyatta skin out of the free boxes, unfortunately not the Christmas one.

Christmas haul so far:
Soldier and Tjornborn victory pose
Widowmaker mistletoe Play of the Game animation
Zarya presents animation
Bunch of player icons

I'm not spending money on Overwatch but I hope to get a few more things before the event is over.

Zomba13

My boxes had:
Symm highlight intro
Widow highlight intro
Dupe icy Pharah skin
Dupe legendary Bloodhardt skin
Some coins
some sprays.

What with all the people talking about 5 free loot boxes, I have to ask. Are they some sort of Christmas gift or something? I logged in yesterday and didn't get anything and I'm in office today due to some fuckery at work. Are they limited time period gifts or can I get them if I log in tomorrow or day after as well? I think the only thing left that I really want is the Reaper skin, but Symmetra highlight video is pretty cool too, though I pick her very rarely.
If you log in today sometime you will get a message and 5 free boxes

Got 1250 credits, a kneeling emote for ana, a bunch of recolour skins, D'va's christmas light winning pose, and two legendary skins and an epic skin from the free 5 loot boxes!

xKeXIXE.png

Rafus

I need to get back home and reclaim those 5 loot boxes!
I got on the first days: Frost Pharah, Jingle Tracer, and some victory poses and sprays. No animations or Yeti/Nutcracker skins...

IbukiLordSA

Got Nutcracker Zen, never even used this character
Frostbite Pharah
Ana tea cup victory pose
Mei snowman emote
Sombra outfit

Free boxes got me:

Elf Tracer
Reindeer Roadhog
Winter Zarya
One of the legendary military soldier 76

Probably the best luck I've ever had with these things.

My free boxes? nothing but voice lines and sprays. Well thanks for the extra credits I suppose Blizz.

So far these winter boxes have been a tremendous run of lacklustre loot for yours truly, I'll have to remember to buy Yeti Winston myself as the only skin/taunt/intro I've gained so far is Frosted Zarya.

Grisby

Widowmaker Heroic Intro! Too bad I'll never have a chance to show it off. I also got a Mei snow man emote. The snow man sticks around after its done. Thanks Based Blizzard!
Other people (and you) can punch it too, knocking bits of the snowman off. Found this out yesterday when my team killed my snowman in front of my very eyes.
I think he meant Chinese New Year. It's around the end of January.
Yup
All five were white, white, blue, white. And two boxes contained Bastion voice lines.
Urgh, the worst.

Ploid 3.0

Found out I had a spy in my house. Spent all her boxes, and robbed me of seeing what I got as well. Feel violated in some way. I need to remove auto log on from my account.

Got Ice Pharah, Symmetra ice intro thing.

wbEMX

Got Yeti Winston TWICE and the awesome Reaper skin. Wish I'd get either Santaclad Torbjorn, Nutcracker Zen or Frostbite Pharah. Will buy the Pharah with currency, I think.

I'd been wanting Nutcracker Zenyatta, but hadn't wanted to shell out 3000 in-game credits for it. I did at least get him, and duplicate Jingle Tracer legendary out of the free boxes. Yay! Duplicate legendaries are such cruel teases, even though I try to automatically assume it'll be a duplicate so I don't get my hopes up. It's still always a big ugh, really?! moment. I've ended up with so many Mei unlocks, which is suitably ironic since I don't play her. I do play Reaper, but don't really love his new event outfits, so of course I keep getting them!

Might use 3000 for Yeti Winston if I don't mange to get it by the end of the event.

Top Bottom