• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch's Tracer new over the shoulder pose after last weeks request

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Remember that outrage about a week ago over Tracer's lack of spunk over the shoulder pose? Blizzard just changed it. It definitely has spunk now

old:
butt.jpg

new:

Previous thread
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1201738

The request:
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20743015583?page=1

Luigi87

Really nice pose that is more fitting.

Tracer is bae. Now if only I would have ever got an invite D=... oh well, next month

Flarin

Is it just me, or does this new pose accentuate her ass even more? I don't care either way TBH. This whole debacle has been so dumb.

I still can't say that I'm happy that they buckled to one complaint, but hey, at least it wasn't a huge loss. Hell, it might've even been a gain, that new pose is pretty neat.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Compromise: an acceptable solution that allows all involved parties to move forward because none of them felt they "won."

Kemal86

I still can't say that I'm happy that they buckled to one complaint, but hey, at least it wasn't a huge loss. Hell, it might've even been a gain, that new pose is pretty neat.

"Buckled to one complaint"

Yeah. That's not what happened here, but keep living in your imaginary cloud kingdom.

So... can still clearly see her ass... I'm confused blizzards own words made it seem like they were against her showing her booty yet this still shows her booty and honestly it is a more 'fun' pose.

I'm not against this at all I'm just confused by blizzards own stance, if they would have just said 'we are tweaking the pose to be more in line with the character and her fun personality instead of just a copy/paste of Widowmakers' wouldn't that have like negated most of the drama around this?

DR2K

Banned
I don't see a difference as far as objectifying her butt. If anything this pose is more inviting and less natural than before.

New pose is way better. Spunkier, cooler, and still has ass. While the first could be interpretted as just a stiff way of presenting 'the goods', this makes it seem like she wants you to look. Which is the entire key. Visible sexuality is great, as long as it's made clear that the intention is coming from the subject themselves.

This was still a dumb thing for anybody to get mad at.

-MD-

I like the new one more, they actually appeased both sides and we ended up with an upgrade.

Nice job, Blizz.

zhixson

Hey, now there's a right decent compromise.
It's "more in line with her character" and I can still see booty. Win win.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Way better but doesn't really address the problem some people have.

I'm sure it's still too lewd for some.

Also where is the MS paint guy with the green lines? i'm sure she's still looking at her butt. :p

LQX

Either looks fine to me but what am I missing? I can still see her ass. Was that not the outrage?

Major props to the team for how they handled this shitty situation and finding a right solution. I can't imagine anyone complaining about this.

Top Bottom