• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

P.T.-inspired horror game, Allison Road, still in development

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
PT inspired doesn't really say much since it wasn't all that innovative in the horror space, just excellent excecution.

Megatron

I hope the sound track is just the gin blossoms song played nonstop.

That is how you do psychological horror, my friends.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Spoo

The inspiration here feels a little too on the nose. It could detract from the effectiveness of what they're doing by being too aware of what they're channeling.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
It looks VERY much like its inspiration - which isn't a bad thing, as those screens look bloody gorgeous.

Noaloha

I'm all for any game which confidently renders and intimately explores smaller spaces. I'd love for this type of game (not at all limited to just horror) to become more of a thing.

One of my oldest 'armchair games designer' things is a videogame adaptation of Steve Jackson's Fighting Fantasy book, House Of Hell. This sounds like it will get close to that.

FluxWaveZ

Being one of the best pieces of horror anything begs to differ.

Because of innovation or execution? Because I would agree that it's the latter that made P.T., which is why "P.T. inspired" doesn't necessarily mean much in regards to how scary a game could turn out.

KiraXD

i legit was scared of PT. (pretty much the only other game to actually be scary to me was Deadspace 1) i would wait until 2 or 3am to play it for ultimate creepiness... and could never finish it... id literally yell/scream and wake up my wife and daughter, so i could never finish it... (no way id even attempt playing it alone lol)

So if a game can do that thats similar to PT.. sign me up.

how come no horror game ever did this

considering the kinda stupid shit we get with pre-orders

Considering peoples' reaction with PT, I genuinely think it'd be a bad idea for the majority of people to put that on to play horror games (or maybe just certain ones...)

Call me crazy. but something about Kojima/Del Toro's game needing to be related to Silent Hills really bothered me in a way. While excited for it what I really wanted was more PT. This directly targets that, so in a strange way, I think I might even be more excited. I just hope they can deliver a product of similar quality despite not having the pedigree.

daveo42

Banned
Saw this in the del Toro thread and it looks like it could be good. Some of those shots look a little too much like PT though.

UrbanRats

I think there was a distinct Japanese vibe to PT (also present in Silent Hill, as well as other J horror games, like Siren and such) that was lacking from any Western developed Silent Hill, so i'm not 100% sure about this, plus something coming from a knee jerk reaction to another game, instead of a deeper motivation, isn't ispiring that much confidence, BUT, to keep an eye on it doesn't cost me anything, and surely Silent Hills dying left a big hole in my soul.
Plus it'd be nice to see this do well, just to childishly "stick it" to KONAMI.

Because of innovation or execution? Because I would agree that it's the latter that made P.T., which is why "P.T. inspired" doesn't necessarily mean much in regards to how scary a game could turn out.

I think both really. I don't think that even if pt was not innovative that that says that being pt inspired says anything other than they want to emulate what pt did which is great. Now it'll come down to actually extending those ideas into something longer.

I don't know. To me 'inspired' doesn't mean, "Hey I'm going to do the exact same thing as these other guys." At least that's how the article read. He played PT and that very night had an epiphany about a game he was going to make.

Just an observation. Its hard to be too outraged especially since Silent Hills is no more. I hope he makes a kick ass game.

Top Bottom