• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBryBry

Me and my brother just played through this and JE. SUS. CHRIST. First off, the death destroyed me even though I KNEW it was coming. Then, when we were trying to get all the little clues at the end to get the second laugh, we didn't know to stand still. We got a sound cue while staring at the phone and were like "Alright, yeah! Lets get the rest of the-AGHHHHHSAGWOSNRHWO" because we turned around and she was right there twitching around and then rushed us. Straight nope'd outta there.

Manu

After beating it for the second time, I think the trick is to guess where she will appear and wait it out in there. I heard the noise, she wasn't on either hallway so I went to the bathroom. Waited in there for another noise while looking at the mirror/baby and got the second giggle.

zomaha

i've been fascinated by this whole thing for a few days now, and i'm almost drunk enough to try this. i just know i'm going to quit at the first jump scare

Just beat it in like, two minutes! Holy shit.

Step 1: Walk to phone, wait for spooky noises to stop.
Step 2: Ten steps to the radio. Giggle.
Step 3: Walk around foyer area, examining the radio and all pictures.
Step 4: Next haunting starts. Walk into the bathroom and stare at mirror, occasionally pressing R3 (Lisa was NOT behind me.) Giggle after the haunting sounds fade out.
Step 5: Controller vibrates. Stand still until third giggle, and go examine the phone when it rings.

This worked for my friend too, this must be the solution!

K' Dash

I just finished this with a friend, no way I was goibg to do this alone.

Was stuck at the last loop for a while until the baby decided to laugh a second time and then a third time, completely random, I didn't do anything special, after that the phone started ringing ans then the voice "you've been chosen"

Glad I could finish it.

Just beat it in like, two minutes! Holy shit.

Step 1: Walk to phone, wait for spooky noises to stop.
Step 2: Ten steps to the radio. Giggle.
Step 3: Walk around foyer area, examining the radio and all pictures.
Step 4: Next haunting starts. Walk into the bathroom and stare at mirror, occasionally pressing R3 (Lisa was NOT behind me.) Giggle after the haunting sounds fade out.
Step 5: Controller vibrates. Stand still until third giggle, and go examine the phone when it rings.

This is similar to what I did a couple days ago (and posted) except i went straight to the bathroom and stared in the mirror, lisa was there for me but I didnt move. Got the second giggle and then a third almost straight after. Controller vibrated and end

hughesta

Banned
Yeah, just worked for me a third time. Looks like that's it :)

I used a mic all three times, by the way. I have no idea if it works without it.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I hope the enthusiasm for this little teaser pushes them towards making the final game similar to PT if they were going in a completely different direction with the actual game. I want moar! Imagine whole houses like this?

Shinjiru

I finally finished this tonight after a few days of trying. Starting a party chat was the only thing I did different this time.

I hope the enthusiasm for this little teaser pushes them towards making the final game similar to PT if they were going in a completely different direction with the actual game. I want moar! Imagine whole houses like this?
If they wanted to keep the plot simple, they could, for example, do something involving a paranormal investigation team.

I followed a combination of the instructions with friends to finish the last loop and it worked to a tee.

1. Once the bell started ringing we walked to the radio and zoomed in on it.

2. Once it stopped we walked to the phone, zoomed in and first giggle occurred

3. Using the PS mic, we walked slowly towards the radio again, ghost appeared, we turned to the window and started talking into the mic, she wasn't there any longer. We kept walking until the second giggle occurred.

4. Didn't touch the controller, talked until it vibrated, third giggle.

5. Answered phone.

Predwolf

Beat it.

All I did was stand wherever she had haunted. I'd follow the noise to where she was, look at her until she disappeared, then stand there until the next haunting. The first two times, I got a screen flash overlay like when you find picture pieces. The fourth got me the second giggle and vibration, then phone, then out.

No mic needed. I believe the lesson is to conquer your fears by confronting them head-on.

Edit-

I also think this is why people think the "10 step" guide works, but the steps are merely a coincidence. There are three main places she haunts: Starting door hallway, the haunting of which can be seen from the clock. Outside of the window next to the phone. In the main lobby/exit door, which is where the radio is.

d9b

Banned
I just finished this with a friend, no way I was goibg to do this alone.

Was stuck at the last loop for a while until the baby decided to laugh a second time and then a third time, completely random, I didn't do anything special, after that the phone started ringing ans then the voice "you've been chosen"

Glad I could finish it.
Thanks for the spoiler :/

Mature

Is there any "for sure" triggers in the final loop? I know that's a pretty redundant question for the type of randomness this game seems to exhibit, but has there been a common trigger between peoples playthroughs?

Zolbrod

FINALLY just got the ending myself, and I wish I had anything useful to add, but I don't...
I wanted to share the 15 minutes leading up to it, but the share function on PS4 seems very picky about how far back it goes in terms of video, so I ended up only catching the exact moment of the third giggle and the ensuing phone call, which is probably of no help to anyone.

Basically what I did was this:

1. Do the 10 step thing. (I've noticed that you can get the first giggle with this no matter where you start from. As long as you wait until the chimes are over. In my case, I was walking from the radio to the telephone, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter).
Interesting tidbit: when the chimes started ringing at 00:00 the ghostly muttering did NOT play for some reason. I thought these sounds went hand in hand, but it was ONLY the chimes this time. Lisa didn't start moaning until the chimes had finished and I had already started walking. This did not prevent the first giggle.

2. My intention on this try was to just let the game idle and do something else until the controller started vibrating. After all, once you get the second giggle, you're pretty much set. The only things I did were this:
- Walked around the hall and looked at the pictures a bit.
- I then placed myself in front of the telephone, started at it (with R3) for a while and let the game idle.
- After 20 minutes or so, I thought I noticed the controller rumbling so I switched back to the game (I was actually playing on Wii U in the meanwhile, lol), but nothing was happening.
- At this point, I decided to walk to the bathroom and stare at the fetus. Lisa was roaming around and appeared behind me in the bathroom mirror.
- I put down the controller again and let the game idle until, 10 minutes or so later, it started rumbling. I switched to the game and lo and behold, the baby was giggling and the phone started ringing. Unfortunately, because of the above PS4 sharing problem, I do not know when or how the second giggle occurred,

- I WAS NOT SHARING/STREAMING ANYTHING
- I DID HAVE THE SHABBY PS4 MIC ATTACHED, but it did not seem to respond to anything, so I highly doubt that it has anything to do with it.
- I WAS PLAYING THE WONDERFUL 101 AT THE SAME TIME AND I'M PRETTY SURE THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY ;)

Imagine whole houses like this

1073.gif

HowZatOZ

Banned
Whelp, that was scary. I didn't end up getting the true ending, but I can not put myself through playing that again and I don't really want to ruin the experience by grinding.

Kojima definitely knows how to make horror games, and with del Toro on board it is going to be insane. Can not wait.

JLeack

Banned
I just beat it again, this time with a friend who had no idea what to expect.

My final step involved me standing next to the phone, which is where Lisa's voice was coming from, and speaking to her for over five minutes. When I left the phone, I would no longer hear her.

It was ridiculous speaking to her for that long, but we persevered and eventually got giggles and a phone call.

Copenap

Ingot around to watch the quick look Patrick did since I currently can't access my PS4. Damn, that was tense. Unfortunately there is simply no way I will ever play this I wouldn't last 5 minutes. I love horror movies but horror games are just too stressfull for me.

JJD

Just did it.

10 steps at the start of the first haunting for the first giggle.

Go to the foyer and fool around looking at pictures/radio.

When the second haunting started went to the bathroom in front of the mirror and occasionally stare at it.

I didn't get the giggle at the end of the second haunting, but I stayed at the bathroom until the third haunting and as soon as it finished I got the second giggle and the phone rang.

Managed to finish it again, this time with no possession. Also, had the blue light. I just waited for the bells to ring, and did the 10 steps. Had to wait a little while for the second giggle, but went straight to the phone and waited for the rumble. Didn't move and got the 3rd giggle. Game done. I really hope we get some conformation on what works, and what doesn't. This randomness is putting people off who just want to see the ending for themselves.

MMaRsu

Banned

I feel a lot will be third person and then 1st person if you go into a building maybe

I feel a lot will be third person and then 1st person if you go into a building maybe

I actually wouldn't mind if it was like that. 3rd person for town exploration for sure. Would prefer the whole thing stay in 3rd person though, or have a FPS hub world like SH4.

A-V-B

Can't create a new thread (and don't know if it's worth it) but Kojima gave some insights about the gameplay of Silent Hills:

FRT6ioG.png

Source : whatifgaming.com

Having special first person areas is the way to go, I think. Because there are certain ways to scare people that only work from first person perspective or third person. So get specialized and have "climax events" where you're thrown into first person. I mean, in a sense, going through an entire sequence like PT then going to third person would create a slight feeling of doneness or safety, especially if it happens at the transition out from the otherworld back into the foggy world and into the murky daylight streets once again. It creates a really strong line between the lonely disconnect of the foggy world, and the intimate evil presence of the Otherworld and its neighbors. That's an extra useful tool to have in your arsenal, one too good to pass up.

Let's face it -- the first time we see the Otherworld, we gotta see the normal world first. But when you finally enter the place where you'll see the first transition, you also enter first person mode for the first time, so you see the gradual, unstoppable slide close up. Imagine if the part with the eyeball pictures kept going until you broke through.

Anyone remember the youtube user 666 video? Conceptually close to the eyeball section, only it went further. That's how I imagine it.

UrbanRats

Can't create a new thread (and don't know if it's worth it) but Kojima gave some insights about the gameplay of Silent Hills:

FRT6ioG.png

Source : whatifgaming.com

They should do like Silent Hill 4.
Worked great there.

Also, seems like the game is still in the very early stages.
We'll probably get a teaser trailer for it at Gamescom 2015, or E32015 if we're lucky.

And a more solid one at E32016.

The good news is, there's still time to tweet Kojima about getting back some folks from the Team Silent (Yamaoka and Ito especially).

eso76

Of course choice between 3rd and 1st person view would be the best case, otherwise just gimme 1st person.
P.T. wouldn't have been nearly as scary in third person

mrtoaster

Neo Member
Now I'm stuck in the part where the character goes like in Benny Hill and eyes are looking from the wall. Getting frustrated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom