• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay wait wait - are we talking about the picture of the lady with the text when you look at it, or another? cause that one is indeed missing one piece (i think the eye, as usual) but the others are complete

walking around possessed i just saw whatever font/language you see when you pick up photos come across the screen randomly & transparent too...fuck i hope i'm getting close. i'm staying possessed cause lack of ideas

I get those randomly all the time, no clue if it does anything. The picture is the one near the clock, it has a saying on it.

KurowaSan

If you mean after just firing up the game, it isn't constant either. I did some reloads and she did kill me alot but one time, I had to relieve myself. Didn't pause into menu, just stood there, when I came back I was still alive and played on and off in the same load for hours.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be constant, I've been killed twice in the last loop. Once in my first run last night, after hours of wandering around, and this evening, both times when I was going down the stairway

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ughhh. Saw her in the window, then the bathroom mirror. Went away for a bit, heard a baby giggle when I wasn't looking at anything, heard her again and saw her run at me by the entrance door and I'm now "possessed", but nothing else is happening.

stufte

Ughhh. Saw her in the window, then the bathroom mirror. Went away for a bit, heard a baby giggle when I wasn't looking at anything, heard her again and saw her run at me by the entrance door and I'm now "possessed", but nothing else is happening.

Go into the bathroom...

Didnt someone here said that he saw a pale male standing in the upper area of the house?

Btw, I feel uneasy everytime I cross my hallway. Fuck!

Yup. I was on edge the entire time. I went thought the demo and didn't figure out anything. Didn't know there was anything to figure out but once I died I was like nah...not doing that shit again.

Absolutely fucking terrifying.

Mr Rivuz

Don't see how that's possible considering I literally turned off my TV and left the character staring at the mirror for an hour. When I came back and turned the TV on, the phone was ringing.
Nothing personal, but i hate you.

You got the ending just by leaving the game there, while i've walked up and down that damned hallway for hours and got nothing T_T

Duallusion

What if baby voice (which sounds happy to me) is basically a cue which things are relevant to solving the puzzle? I've been getting them at the phone, door you come in and hell message. Maybe once at the clock and fetus too but I'm not sure.

Or maybe the baby's just trolling us.

does anyone know what this one says?
wuab.jpg

stufte

By the way, I think this is a very bad design. I mean, the game was fun until this point, now it looks so random it's impossible to figure it out what to do.

If the main game will be like this, I think many of us will go directly to the asylum.

I'd love it if *parts* of the game were like this. Raise your stress levels, make you feel insane and hopeless. Give you hope and then *WOOSH* take it away again.

cchum

The clues are probably in the sentences you receive from finding pictures, pictures are optionals obviously cause clues are optionals, here are a few messages i could grab :

glaubte ich ein telefon zu hören - I thought i heard a phone.
Und durch Nebel schwindenden bewusstseins - And dwindling due to fog awareness.
Sussurrei seu nome - whispered his name.

Not sure if the translation is accurate, it's google translated from German/Portuguese, i understand neither of those.

I though I heard a phone, and fog dwindling awareness (babel fish translation), whispered his name.

Does anyone know morse code lol

DNAbro

By the way, I think this is a very bad design. I mean, the game was fun until this point, now it looks so random it's impossible to figure it out what to do.

If the main game will be like this, I think many of us will go directly to the asylum.

he did say at gamescom it was purposely made very difficult. He said he didn't expect anyone to solve it until at least a week. I doubt the main game will have anything like this.

Jabba

Banned
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be constant, I've been killed twice in the last loop. Once in my first run last night, after hours of wandering around, and this evening, both times when I was going down the stairway

I got killed just before looping also. Was funny. I was like, "Ok, let me get the fuck outta here" Just before going through the loop she's like, Yeah, why don't you. lol

Anyone on gaf streaming?

Loved every moment up until the random way to finish it. But the jump scares were awesome. Even for someone like me who doesn't get scared during games or movies. I was getting goosebumps and sweaty palms. I LOVED IT!! Oh and hearing her footsteps when she possess you. SO AWESOME. As im playing Im like why do i hear a second set of footsteps. Anyways it took me 3 hours to finally finish it so i cut my video down to an hour. Enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwqgX9RcQoA&list=UU94aKfvARpZp-ys9Rzstlew

At the end it looked like you were waiting for specific events. What was your thought process?

kubus

Haven't played all of the Silent Hill games but could those messages be references to SH games? There is no fog in the PT teaser but fog is an important element of SH1. There's also some writing on the wall that mentions a Lisa (also from SH1 right?)

Flarin

Kojima did mention something about all the writings in different languages and wanting players from different countries to talk to each other.
Is there a post anywhere on GAF that has them all translated? That actually might be worth looking into.

stufte

This game is giving me goosebumps and is taking my breath away, I guess I won't be sleeping tonight :p

Started downloading it last night at about midnight, was going to play it but decided to go to bed and play it before lunch instead. It was a wise decision...

Kaversmed

Something like "i didn't move anymore, waiting motionless"

That's interesting. Kojima said the purpose of having clues in different languages was to make people from different countries work together. This makes me think, that these "text clues" actually mean something... Maybe they are clues on how to solve the final puzzle?

Do we have a list of all the "text clues" so far?

vypek

yea.. it did... but it triggered once i went into the bathroom... >_>...<_<.... i am pretty sure it was the baby!

Isnt the baby mouth moving during this and looking at you? I thought it was the baby. I wonder if Im just remembering incorrectly

vilmer_

Back from work and back at this game aka masterful horror experience. It feels like you are thrust right in the middle of Silent Hill 2 in first person mode. The clock is hitting midnight and the bells are sounding and there are random baby laughs. Checking everything to no avail.

Thanks. The one on the ceiling past the bathroom says "Ich ein telefon zu hören glaub".

I wonder if these have any relevance to figuring anything out.

Quoted for new page.

"I think I hear a phone" is what google tells me this is...

Ill post what the others say as i find them

16BitNova

I'm so confused ive been walking around in the loop section. I pressed r3 in options once barely caught some words. Am I supposed to be able to press r3 again? I just keep looping around in the madness.

Edit: One thing I noticed looping around in the red madness section is that in the bathroom, if i zoom with r3 at the mirror when I zoom back out the reflection is then gone. But it doesn't seem to alter anything..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom