• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylver

Banned
I pressed r3 in options once barely caught some words. Am I supposed to be able to press r3 again?

This is just the center piece the woman picture, you don't need to press R3 agian.
For the loop section (that one with eyes on pictures, you need to find the picture which is on the other side on the bathroom hole, you will find a picture on the floor, then you will see a hole up there, look inside.

SkylineRKR

Quoted for new page.

"I think I hear a phone" is what google tells me this is...

Ill post what the others say as i find them

Yes the wording is somewhat mixed up but it says I believe I hear a telephone.

Which is probably about the telephone pick up being the final task.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Well, waiting motionless when you're possessed is how you hear the girl. And the telephone ringing is the actual end trigger.

Next one i got is by the plant by the clock. Its says "Poi il suo indice scivolò salla mia (mano)".. last word might be "iuano".... anyone?

KurowaSan

aRu69qU.jpg

bThcJ0q.jpg

gN3IS2Z.jpg

MFjjVAW.jpg

I've seen a japanese one, but I failed to capture it when it happened, I believe I got it when I spent time chasing the ghost.

SexyFish

Banned
Wait a sec. All we have achieved different phrases, right?
And...if, in oder to end the game, you must follow the phrases you got?

This could be possible. If someone got the "motionless" phrase and stood still for a while maybe they'd get the ending? Would explain how some people claimed to just get the phone ringing after waiting an hour.

Mr Rivuz

Next one i got is by the plant by the clock. Its says "Poi il suo indice scirolò salla mia (mano)".. last word might be "iuano".... anyone?
Still italian, it's something like "Then his/her index finger slipped on my hand"
Don't know if slipped is the correct english word, scivolò in this phrase means touching lightly...

vypek

XaosWolf seems like he is close to solving it on stream.

Under 9 minutes and he got the ring but he looped back in to see if we can figure it out.

Kumo

This could be possible. If someone got the "motionless" phrase and stood still for a while maybe they'd get the ending? Would explain how some people claimed to just get the phone ringing after waiting an hour.

This would be interesting. Depending on what messages you get, the requirements for beating the final loop are adjusted accordingly.

cchum

So something like:
I though I heard a phone, and fog dwindling awareness (babel fish translation), i didn't move anymore, waiting motionless,whispered his name.
So something like:
I though I heard a phone, and fog dwindling awareness (babel fish translation), i didn't move anymore, waiting motionless,whispered his name.
"Then his index slides in my hand"

bombshell

I hope the actual game has better gameplay mechanics. I mean seriously who wants to stare at objects to trigger events.

The teaser puzzles are intentionally obscure, Kojima said so at the Geoff Keighley interview thing. He wanted it to take a week before anyone found out the Silent Hill secret.

Mindman

Is this demo something that can be completed in 30 - 45 mins without too much frustration? I'm going to be playing some more Outlast DLC with a group of people who love scary games in my brother's home theater, and the 5 mins I played of this demo last night were scary as hell. They'd love it, if it doesn't get too complicated.

Does it reveal it's going to be Silent Hills at the end also?

vypek

Is this demo something that can be completed in 30 - 45 mins without too much frustration? I'm going to be playing some more Outlast DLC with a group of people who love scary games in my brother's home theater, and the 5 mins I played of this demo last night were scary as hell. They'd love it, if it doesn't get too complicated.

Gonna say no. No one seems to know how so solve the last piece on purpose

SexyFish

Banned

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No.

No one technically knows how to beat it, but people have.

Also yes to it revealing to be Silent Hills at the end.

p3n

Thousands of players staring at radios, phones and 00:00 clocks while Kojima is laughing his ass off because it is probably something completely unrelated that triggers the ending....like holding the controller sideways when entering the final loop.

I had left it paused on the phone for a few minutes and when I started up again I got a second japanese message, that is two on this loop. Also got the radio. Only one baby giggle.

Stuff happening outside a pause has happened to me in certain spots. I think just standing in spots does something too. Just walking past a spot does stuff occasionally. And zooming in on stuff some times does stuff.

Those maybe the four ways to "activate" the puzzle.

cchum

Thousands of players staring at radios, phones and 00:00 clocks while Kojima is laughing his ass off because it is probably something completely unrelated that triggers the ending....like holding the controller sideways when entering the final loop.

fog dwindling awareness......what if it's a weather condition outside?

The bag says "be aware of the gap in the door, it leads to a different reality" or something close to that anyway, im assuming its talking about the bathroom door. I cant friggin get in there again

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I had left it paused on the phone for a few minutes and when I started up again I got a second japanese message, that is two on this loop. Also got the radio. Only one baby giggle.

Stuff happening outside a pause has happened to me in certain spots. I think just standing in spots does something too. Just walking past a spot does stuff occasionally. And zooming in on stuff some times does stuff.

Those maybe the four ways to "activate" the puzzle.

Where were you when you paused?

Read my last message above after unpausing in the same spot after typing that messgage I got another message on the screen, this time in latin or whatever that is.

There is definitely something with this telephone and pausing for me. Not sure what to do next.

EL CUCO

I just shook my controller by the phone because of this post lol

OT: I'm getting a constant moan when I hold down R3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom