• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

That YT video also got it after 3 hauntings, same as me.

So there's 3 spots and 3 hauntings. I stayed at one spot all the time, the telephone. So maybe you need to do the third one right, perhaps I lucked out and my third was her telephone sound.

-griffy-

Banned
That YT video also got it after 3 hauntings, same as me.

So there's 3 spots and 3 hauntings. I stayed at one spot all the time, the telephone. So maybe you need to do the third one right, perhaps I lucked out and my third was her telephone sound.

The theory of the sound and objects paired with the writing on the picture just doesn't make sense to me. The sound is very clearly not coming from any of the objects in the hallway, it is only ever coming from the physical location of the ghost in the space, playing with surround sound makes that obvious. So either the hallway past the clock, the hallway by the radio, the window by the phone or the bathroom. Unless you walk into the ghost and she rushes at you, then the sound continues to come directly from behind you as she follows you around (you can hear her footsteps walking behind you as you walk in this case, and you are also liable to get "killed" by her).

The specific noise being made also seems to have nothing to do with the actual location of the ghost. For example, I've gotten the ghost in the bathroom/mirror when it isn't making the crying sound.

I've tried following this theory 100% going to the objects based purely on the "sound" being made and haven't gotten a second laugh. I feel like people are maybe triggering the ending another way on accident by "following" this theory.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck this PT shit, seriously

i cant handle this shit :(

Reg

Banned
I just watched the videogamesawesome stream and wow that entire playthrough was infuriating to watch. I played the demo and didn't have too much trouble with it, but these guys were totally frustrated with it by the end.

cjp

I have no idea what's going on.

I was stuck on the fridge bouncing around for ages then it got replaced with a red swinging light.

After that I did the fast movement and looking through the hole.

Then I got some guy repeating the numbers and a grey error screen that was upside down saying something about a bug.

Is that genuine or intended?

Yibby

Because Populus Trichocarpa = PT?

I think you're reading into it too much. The most PT has to do with plants is the pot you find one of the picture pieces behind.

The new Silent Hill location is somewhere in the area where those trees grow
that would be too crazy if true
PopulusTrichocarpaRange.jpg

panda-zebra

I have no idea what's going on.

Is that genuine or intended?

Intended. There are a number of random variations for this screen, I posted 3 of the ones I've had.

It didn't work for me at first though. I went to the phone after the first giggle and left it on the pause screen for over an hour and nothing happened. Afterwards I walked around a bit again, looked at some pictures, Lisa appeared a few times and then I paused it again and it happened after a few seconds.

You have to make sure the current haunting is over with and move to the phone from elsewhere, if you pause it when a haunting is under way it stalls whatever game logic it is that's ticking over when it works.

I don't think pausing forces the giggle, it's just that the game keeps running so you will at some point be where Lisa spawned before, which seems to be the actual trigger.

That's pretty much what I've been saying. It's not that she's spawned there before, it's that you're at one of the known spawn points/hot-spots.

In what way is any of this appropriate for a horror game?

It's not appropriate for any game. It's not a game. It's a freely downloadable vehicle for announcing a game.

Everything leading up to the last part that so offended you was perfectly reasonable in terms of a real game and personally I couldn't believe there had been so much to get out of it for a freebie off the store. It's OK you don't agree with how obscure the end reveal conditions are to trigger, but to judge it in terms of game design good, bad or whatever is to miss the point. It was deliberately obtuse with the intention of leaving you scratching your head and forcing you to go seek the advice, opinion and discoveries of others online. Generate the hype, build an idea of what the clues all add up to by bringing a diverse array of people together and then try to put it in some kind of context of that final loop.

It might be there's more yet to be discovered. The coloured lights, doing various things between loops, there could well be. I wouldn't be surprised to find some people just won't let it go and keep looking and keep trying things.

Just don't unfairly judge it as a game, you'll have entirely the wrong set of criteria in mind. As a reveal it beats the shit out of any 2 minute trailer I've ever seen. Even as a demo of a game engine, I can't think of much I've been more impressed by. I know I've spent more time experiencing and discussing P.T. than I did G.Z. and that cost me £30 :)

mattp

Apparently this dude just solved it.

Link

The picture pieces provide you with a clue to the final puzzles. It calls upon you to seek her out. So by checking out the haunt locations during the final phase you'll trigger the second giggle.

EDIT: I was also able to complete it this way.

wow this works
i can't believe someone actually figured this out

It's funny reading about people having so much hassle finishing this. I got the second baby laugh within a minute if not less of the first and the phone rang shortly after. My friend watching my stream had spent hours on it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Played it last night and quite enjoyed it but I didn't get past the dangling fridge and it grew incredibly tiresome.

legacyzero

Banned
I need this on pc.

I can see this happening, actually. With MGSV coming to PC (Which I'm still mindblown about), I hope that Kojima can get Silent Hills on it as well. Even better would be to get the older Silent Hills on Steam as well. Ya know, because if Konami likes money and all...

Baj

Neo Member
I made a video of how I solved it, I'll paste the description from the video here. Now, this could be one of god knows how many ways, but feel free to ask questions about this specific method in case it can shed some light on things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVPWBEbHGak

Have in mind that this is possible just one of many ways to complete the last loop. I had my mic on because over the last several attempts, one baby giggle was triggered by making noises. Location didn't matter. So with the mic on I did the following as you can see in the video:

1) Walked up to the clock and waited for the chime. When it was done I coughed and instantly got the first giggle. This means if the mic is a factor, it can be first and not necessarily the second as many claim.

2) Walked ten steps. This is pretty much the most confirmed way to get a giggle. In this case it was my second.

3) Right after the giggle was done I held R3. The controller will vibrate in a pulsating fashion. It lasts about 10-15 seconds. When that is done the third and last giggle will sound, and the phone will ring instantly after.

4) Pick up the phone, walk out and change your pants.

There are probably 50 other "complete" ways to do this by now (that doesn't require the mic). But I've managed to reproduce this method 3 times just to confirm to myself that it works. If I don't get a giggle by making a noise into the mic after the chime, I just loop until it it happens. Usually takes 1-2 loops. Then just walk 10 steps, giggle, wait, giggle, phone, done.

K' Dash

This is so random, I didn't do anything specific after the first laugh, I was on my way to the batroom when I heard the second one, after that I was facing the mirror and just stayed there waiting for Lisa, heard the third laugh and the controller started vibrating, then the phone and done.

Link

The picture pieces provide you with a clue to the final puzzles. It calls upon you to seek her out. So by checking out the haunt locations during the final phase you'll trigger the second giggle.

Son of a bitch. That makes perfect sense now.

Kojima, you God damn genius.

cchum

Ok so:

Manly breathing/moaning= wait by radio
Woman breathing= wait by phone
Crying= wait in bathroom

I'll do this and report back later although it doesn't explain the triggers by entry door and basement door. Maybe she has to kill you first so she disappears?

Z3M0G

Link

Can someone please list out the steps? I want to avoid videos if possible. Thanks!!

Majmun

How the hell did people beat this game withing 24hours after release?

Some puzzles seem very hard and only solvable with a walkthrough.

Z3M0G

Read my post above yours.

Ok so:

Manly breathing/moaning= wait by radio
Woman breathing= wait by phone
Crying= wait in bathroom

I'll do this and report back later although it doesn't explain the triggers by entry door and basement door. Maybe she has to kill you first so she disappears?

Thanks! Im wondering if you just wait in the same spot until the next haunt begins? Do you wait for a haunt to end before you move to the specified location? I assume so to avoid the ghost.

Can someone please list out the steps? I want to avoid videos if possible. Thanks!!

- Wait for 0:00 bells
- Walk 10 steps for first baby giggle
- Wait for haunting sound and follow to its source (Radio, Phone, Bathroom) with the Bathroom being last
- After you get to the bathroom haunting you should get a second giggle and the rest unfolds on its own it seems

How the hell did people beat this game withing 24hours after release?

Some puzzles seem very hard and only solvable with a walkthrough.

The only thing I didn't solve on my own the first time I played it is the final trigger for the movie. I don't see how anything else is hard at all, beyond the difficulty of actually finding the picture pieces. Just look at everything, especially things that have changed.

Magnus

Link

But, that's what everyone is doing. Going to the haunt locations at the end. I did this endlessly with no effect and no second giggle.

He didn't solve anything.

cjp

So is the final puzzle the one where the clock chimes at the beginning?

I tried the video and I don't even get the first baby laugh with the steps.

I always end up running into the ghost who then turns around and floats off and there's no more hauntings until I go through the door again. I've had red, yellow and green torch light.

Any ideas?

-griffy-

Banned
But, that's what everyone is doing. Going to the haunt locations at the end. I did this endlessly with no effect and no second giggle.

He didn't solve anything.

Nope, and it doesn't even really make sense since the "haunt locations" outlined aren't actually sources of the ghost sounds, the ghost itself is making the noises wherever she is and it seems completely random. I've had the crying ghost in the hallway by the clock, the "uh uh uh" ghost out the window, the heavy breathing in the bathroom mirror, etc. Whatever they are doing might be lucking into a trigger, but the logic of why they are doing it (going to the phone, radio and mirror) doesn't seem to track since the ghost isn't actually haunting those items but is just hanging out in the hallway somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom