• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

P4A2 - Best Buy description reveals new characters?

5896008_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

From the FGW thread and leading game journalist and industry insider Smedwicks, Best Buy has put up a product page for P4A2 or Persona 4 Arena Ultimax if you are so inclined. The interesting part is this:

Select one of six new characters — including Persona 3 favorites Yukari Takeba, Junpei Iori and Ken Amada, Persona 4 Arena NPC Rise Kujikawa and Sho Minazuki and his Persona-wielding doppelganger

Obviously there is already a mistake in the description, listing Ken as a Persona 3 favourite, so take it all with a grain of salt. But with that error aside, does this mean these characters are really coming in the console version?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hope this is true! Ken would have changed the most from P3 -> Arena, so he'd be really interesting to see.

At first I was thinking announcers but Rise was already an announcer, so who knows. And Rise can't even fight.
I'm thinking it's a mistake.
I mean the arcade is already out right?
Would be cool if it was true.

At first I was thinking announcers but Rise was already an announcer, so who knows. And Rise can't even fight.

They could easily give Rise a microphone or something that shoots musical notes out. It wouldn't exactly be a stretch to give her a moveset (and no doubt some bikini dlc)

Ken Amada

ibuVRuImPzy15C.gif

They could easily give Rise a microphone or something that shoots musical notes out. It wouldn't exactly be a stretch to give her a moveset (and no doubt some bikini dlc)
yeah they'll probably redraw her and all her animations just to get some cash out of saps willing to buy bikini dlc

Wouldn't be surprised if this is true. Lots of Arc games (and fighting games in general) get new characters for the console versions. Plus I don't think a place like Best Buy is going to just pull that info out of their ass, it was probably on a PR sheet somewhere.

Wouldn't be shocked if Ken and Rise are actually DLC or something though. Arc has been verrrrry DLC crazy lately. *looks at Blazblue: CP's DLC and shudders*

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Shoutouts to Smedwicks

Also man fuck Ken if true

Ken suuuuuucks.

Cool but fuck Ken

Looking forward to not using Ken at all in another video game.

GET OUT KEN

Ken Amada

ibuVRuImPzy15C.gif

NO ON KEN PLS

god dammit fuck you ken

I'd rather take the dog than Ken's lame ass

Goddamn it Ken you're such a waste of space.

I love you all.

You know, I sort of disliked ken in P3, but if yall would be this salty just if he was included, I think I know who I am gonna play as as a sub in P4U!

CorvoSol

If Ken is the price of playable Rise, then so be it.

But seriously just give me the full cast of both games.

You know that of which I speak, Persona-GAF.

GooeyHeat

why no Koromaru, I need more than just MvC3 and the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fighters to satisfy my 2D fighting canine cravings

and why Ken and Rise A.K.A. The Worst Choices They Could Have Possibly Made

and why Ken and Rise A.K.A. The Worst Choices They Could Have Possibly Made

Rise is easily the best choice in terms of making money. Ken is....

Maybe in the game he is grown up, has an amazing move set and for some reason can't talk? Then it could be ok.

FluxWaveZ

Is P4A worth playing for a somewhat casual fighting game fan who loves Persona 4? Is the story mode in that game good?

P4A is the canon sequel to Persona 4, and is actually mainly about the Persona 3 cast. Its 20 hour story mode is average due to fluff and its structure, but I think it is worth seeing for someone who played through Persona 4.

213372bu

Banned
Is P4A worth playing for a somewhat casual fighting game fan who loves Persona 4? Is the story mode in that game good?

There are mechanics literally tailored to help casuals. Honestly, P4A was one of the first fighting games I've played in a long time, and it definitely helped me get back into the groove.

SlickVic

Never knew Ken got so much hate. I think I would have enjoyed the overarching narrative to Persona 3 a lot more if he did not exist, so I guess I can get behind this.

Top Bottom