• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

p5d.jp & p5u.jp domains registered by Atlus on April 18

Eylos

Banned
I hope there just spin offs and not an updated version of P5. Stuff like that should be a patch or DLC.
Persona 5 red:
New slinks:
-marie sister
-shido
You can have a car to drive to MT. Fuji
New quest
New cutscenes (hot springs)

Dibs

If there is a dancing, it needs to have more than just the protagonists dancing this time. We need a more rounded out cast of characters to go on the dance floor.

This is my way of saying that, while yes, I could watch Catsuit Ann dance all day, I'm equally as interested seeing the moves of Maid Becky, Tae Takemi, and Ichiki Ohya on the dance floor as well. Oh, and everyone needs the Arabian suit from P4D

You'll get Oda and you'll like him.

Zyrox

Ooh I'm so ready for a Persona 5 Arena. Probably my most wanted dream game at this point. Played P4A and P4AU for thousands (literally) of hours. I already constantly speculate how the cast of P5 would work fighting game wise as I'm playing P5 haha
I think Bike Persona is still kinda dumb but could make for a neat mechanic in P5A.

Re: 2D or 2.5D
Yea that's the question. I'd love if they went with GG style visuals, even if it meant a reduced character count. The characters I played the most in P4A/U would probably get the axe in that scenario since they aren't core cast members but I'd take the hit for those sweet dynamic camera angles.

If we are getting a new version of Persona 5 then I want them to try some new systems in it.

Like a few next-gen/intertwined S-links or a revamped time system as a separate mode. I don't want them to play it safe and simply add a little bit of new contents/events in it.

Zafir

Sigh.... I love Persona 5 to bits, but, I just want Persona 6 now. :(

Despite platting P4D, I can't say I cared at all for the story. The story in Persona 4 Arena was kind of eh as well, and I can't imagine ultimax was much different.

Persona Q had some interesting dialogue, but meh.

I just don't care for all these spin off titles. x.x

Persona 5: Summer Lesson

image.php

I'm super excited for Persona to give me a reason to buy a Switch. No way the handheld Persona 5 (Ruby? Silver? Crimson?) is coming to Vita.

That goes double if P3D is Persona 3 Diamond (Answer + P3P) and not Persona 3 Dancing.

Completely unsurprising. After seeing dem P5 reception/sales numbers, I'm putting money on the next 5 years at Atlus HQ looking like this
G8cIjEm.gif

Zafir

I'd LOVE for persona 6 to do a Persona 4, that is to say to release a couple years after P5 and not freaking 9.

Yup. Agreed.

Ain't happening though. Katsura Hashino, Shigenori Soejima, and Shoji Meguro are working on that Project Re-Fantasy instead. That's not to say Persona 6 work couldn't happen, but it won't be fast considering they'd be focusing on that first and foremost.

Instead we get more milking, yay. *sigh*

I'd LOVE for persona 6 to do a Persona 4, that is to say to release a couple years after P5 and not freaking 9.
Didn't the team (or at least some key members of it) move on to the new Fantasy RPG project? I'll be very surprised if we heard anything about Persona 6 until at least the end of 2018.

Well, unless they decide to have another 3-4 years gap between announcement to release. Which is apparently something they really like to do considering their announcement of new SMT and the Fantasy RPG Project.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'm going to be really surprised if none of these or something in the future doesn't end up being a Switch version. Either as a Golden style new content version, or just a straight portable version, with little to no real additions or changes. They would crazy to pass up a portable version.

And while a Vita version might still be justifiable given the success of P4G, it would likely require a whole lot of work to make it run on that system which could deter the investment on their part. Especially because what Vita community there is probably is not as robust as when P4G came out. Further diminishing their return on investment.

And add me to the list hoping P6 only takes 2-3 years tops, like P4 did after P3. I like P5 a good bit so far, but I'm not really enamored with it, so unless they do some really huge changes and additions for a Silver/Red/whatever version I'm not sure I really care to double dip. Just a couple days before the school trip and the main plot, characters and overall restrictiveness of your time has me a bit underwhelmed.

Bebpo

Banned
Unlike P4G, this one would be a fairly heavy downgrade, curious to see how it'd look. I'm basically imagining P5 using P4 graphics more or less, but that probably doesn't work very well. Either way, doubt it related to a port of P5, be surprised if we hear anything about such a thing for another 2 years or more. At which point, I'm not even sure if Vita will still be a blip on the radar anymore.

I don't think they'll port it to Vita, but you do realize P5 has a PS3 version that is 100% identical no downgrade from the PS4 version, right? We're not talking a PS4->vita port, but a PS3->vita port of which there have been plenty. There'd be downgrades, but shouldn't be a major issue.

I wonder if they'll be able to fix the localization in the handheld version of P5. It's not completely broken per se, but it could use some smoothing over.

I know p5r is probably "Persona 5 Red," but I would be all about a Fast & Furious style car heist game with the Persona 5 cast. So much potential there!

I enjoyed the Persona 4 spin-offs even though they got ridiculous, so I am not complaining about any of this.

Fingers crossed that the eventual handheld version of P5 comes to Switch rather than Vita. I enjoy having access to all the mainline Persona games in one system, but the Switch would be the better option for P5, IMO.

Haven't they even flat out said they will not be able to port P5 to Vita anyway? I remember seeing something like that somewhere.

wrowa

I don't think they'll port it to Vita, but you do realize P5 has a PS3 version that is 100% identical no downgrade from the PS4 version, right? We're not talking a PS4->vita port, but a PS3->vita port of which there have been plenty. There'd be downgrades, but shouldn't be a major issue.

Persona 3 should have been possible on PSP as well and yet Portable's presentation got heavily downgraded.

Once again, I imagine that file size would be the major issue here. Persona 5 is 16GB on PS3, Vita cart sizes only go up to 4GB (apparently with only 3.3 GB actually being usable). I have my doubts that additional compression alone would be enough to reduce P5's file size by roughly 13GB.

Hopefully they're just registering the domains so no one else does. I can see spinoffs happening down the line, but hopefully they're something completely different than what we received from P4, I feel like it got milked the way it did was because of how long it was between 4 and 5's release.

If I had to pick though, third person action game. Give me Persona May Cry or give me nothing.

Phu

Banned
I know p5r is probably "Persona 5 Red," but I would be all about a Fast & Furious style car heist game with the Persona 5 cast. So much potential there!

I enjoyed the Persona 4 spin-offs even though they got ridiculous, so I am not complaining about any of this.

That's all I can think of too but that'd be kinda lame. It'd be like if we got Persona 4 Yellow. 'Golden' was extra-nice because it worked both as a color and a status thing and I'm not sure there's a 'red' equivalent but even something like 'crimson' would be cooler.

That's all I can think of too but that'd be kinda lame. It'd be like if we got Persona 4 Yellow. 'Golden' was extra-nice because it worked both as a color and a status thing and I'm not sure there's a 'red' equivalent but even something like 'crimson' would be cooler.

Persona 5 Ruby?

A red-colored item of value

I guess they could go with "Persona 5 Ruby," but I associate Ruby with Pokemon. I've definitely been thinking of the inevitable enhanced remake as Crimson.

Guess Who

Banned
I went all-in for P4 spinoffs and I only regret it now - I'm not big on fighting games, and I thought DAN was a poor rhythm game, so ultimately all the spinoffs did for me is sour my opinion on a game I really loved.

I really, really like P5, so I'm not making the same mistake twice.

Also: why do people think an enhanced port of P5 is inevitable, in a world where they can just add new features and content through patches and DLC? This isn't the PS2 era.

Spman2099

I genuinely like Ultimax more than standard Persona 4. Not because I dislike Persona 4 or anything, but because Ultimax is such an awesome game. I am absolutely down for another one. It would make me so very, very happy (especially since the P5 characters are so damn awesome).

Id kill for an arena game. Think how much cooler the P3 cast become with the timeskip then apply that to the p4 cast. Go crazy and even include P2 Tatsuya and Lisa or whoever even though they'd be ancient compared to everyone else lol/

Atlus, listen to this man. Also, give me Ulala and I will buy multiple copies. I am not joking. Do it, Atlus. Just... do it.

I'd dance all day long with Persona 5 soundtracks. So good..
I think it's a decent soundtrack but very few of the tracks would be appropriate for dancing lol. I can think of maybe three or four. Then again, P4D had very few songs as well and half of them were awful remixes so sure, why not. Still salty about Rise only having like two songs.

However they should at the very least give it to a competent rhythm game dev. The charts in P4D are a mess.

Also: why do people think an enhanced port of P5 is inevitable, in a world where they can just add new features and content through patches and DLC? This isn't the PS2 era.

Because this is Atlus. The same company that charges $10 more for handheld games and gets away with it. The same company that sold three different versions of Persona 3. The same company that made Ultimax (I'm aware Arcsys is the dev) instead of selling DLC for Arena, and then also sold DLC for that.

Top Bottom