• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PA: Holding the new PS4 controller is like touching boob for the first time

Tratorn

It felt almost too good, like I was holding something illicit. I was afraid it would be taken away. It felt like the first time I touched a girl’s breast in the backseat of a car with fogged up windows, scared that her parents were going to fling the door open and start yelling at me. I wanted to grab the controller and run. I wanted to nuzzle it against my face and ask it who is a good controller? Who is a good controller?

You’re a good controller, you sexy thing, you.

The triggers are likewise more comfortable, curving slightly inward to hold your finger. The buttons and D-pad likely have some subtle distinctions between the Dual Shock 4 and the previous PlayStation 3 controllers, but I couldn’t tell much of a difference. The controller comes with rumble, standard, so we don’t have to suffer through Sony claiming that force feedback is a “last-gen” feature because it doesn’t want to pay to license it.

The analog sticks have a cupped design and a firmer feel; I never had the sense my thumb was going to slide off. I was able to try a hands-on demo of the upcoming Playstation 4 Killzone title, and in that game you swipe the touchpad to switch between different secondary powers. The action felt accessible and effective, and you can click down on the pad as well, just as you would the touchpad on your laptop.

So that's the breakdown of things, but everything taken as a whole has created a controller that feels almost stupidly great in my hands.

More at the link:
http://penny-arcade.com/report/arti...-just-slightly-better-than-the-best-thing-eve

lock if old etc.

Edit: Ah, forgot adding "Penny-Arcade" to the thread-title...

Bishop89

there has only ever been 1 greater thing
sliced-bread.jpg

Chitown B

has anyone here touched one? If I don't like the PS3 controller, will I like the PS4 one? I need a chunkier controller with a wider grip, which it looks to be. My hands are huge.

Yesterday I felt my next child move for the first time. I felt her tiny feet kick through my wife's belly, my hand finally being given its first tactile evidence that my child is alive and healthy. That experience was several steps higher than feeling the PlayStation 4 controller for the first time but, damnit, they were closer than I'm comfortable admitting.

It is just a videogame controller you god damned weirdo.

It felt like the first time I touched a girl’s breast in the backseat of a car with fogged up windows, scared that her parents were going to fling the door open and start yelling at me. I wanted to grab the controller and run. I wanted to nuzzle it against my face and ask it who is a good controller? Who is a good controller?

Prince_reaction.gif

Orayn

Oh Goddammit, games journos. Yes it looks like a massive improvement over the DS3 and there's ample reason to be excited, but don't go all BioShock Infinite on me.

Marleyman

Banned
It felt like the first time I touched a girl’s breast in the backseat of a car with fogged up windows, scared that her parents were going to fling the door open and start yelling at me. I wanted to grab the controller and run. I wanted to nuzzle it against my face and ask it who is a good controller? Who is a good controller?

You’re a good controller, you sexy thing, you.

735.gif

Maxrunner

The controller is the least exciting thing to me. It still looks like a dual shock, it is dual analog it has shoulder buttons...nothing pretty different....

LeleSocho

Banned
There's people that would say the same of the DS3 and they are deadly wrong so until my hands don't say that the shitty dpad is fixed people can say what they want.

spirity

To be honest, I won't be convinced its better than the 360 controller until I get my hands on one first. Though I'd be more than happy to find out the buzz actually ends up being right. (I can't help but feel people are getting dizzy over the ps4 and its colouring peoples perceptions. But I'm a cynical bastard anyway).

My only gripe about the DS is how loose the sticks feel.

I'm glad they went with a concave design for them now because my thumbs used to slide inward while playing and eventually would collide when I pushed them towards each other.

Syril

Okay, PAR, you may seriously be competing with Polygon for the Greatest Hyperbole In The History Of The Universe Ever award with articles like this, but I don't think that's necessarily something to be proud of in this case.

Can't wait to try it out for myself.

But I can't imagine any controller ever being better than the 360 controller. It's just too good.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Can't wait to try it out for myself.

But I can't imagine any controller ever being better than the 360 controller. It's just too good.

The Xbox One Controller.

Because, of this whole PS4 vs Xbone hyperbole bonazna i take every positive PS4 comment and every negative Xbone comment with a grain of salt.
Im sure the dualshock 4 is good, but i doubt its better than the Xbox 360 controller, and im pretty damn sure its not better than the Xbox One controller......let alone being slightly better than the best thing ever.

hahaha Game Journalism.

Top Bottom