• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pac-Land rated for the VC. But wait, the NES version never came out in the west...

UPDATE: There have been NES imports on 3DS prior including Dig Dug as noted further down, so it might be that.

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pa...%2fgtI+lo11rPa1F0XL6ryb36CcNdb9tW8LkA7g%3d%3d

But the TurboGrafx version DID. :O

As far as I know, TurboGrafx is only so far for the JP Wii U and 3DS VC. The game as I said came out on the NES, but not outside Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Land

It also came out on MSX which I believe is on the Wii U VC in Japan, but as it was on Wii and that never was added to the VC outside Japan, that's very unlikely.

The only other possibility is an import of the NES version, which IIRC has also not been done on Wii U or 3DS VC yet.

AND it was also of course an Arcade game, which ALSO hasn't been added to Wii U VC period (only on Wii).

And IIRC, the Wii has long been discontinued support of VC games, so I highly doubt this is a very late Wii VC Arcade release.

Puzzling.

Richie

Nice find! Sadly, a loooong time can go from when a title is rated and when it's actually released, so we don't have something concrete here.
Even so, at this point it's nice to see a hint of eventual Turbografx-16 support overseas.

Say, both MSX and TG-16 were added to the Japanese Wii U's VC without much if any fanfare, right?
Or were they confirmed in the Japanese portion of a Direct beforehand?

Nice find! Sadly, a loooong time can go from when a title is rated and when it's actually released, so we don't have something concrete here.
Even so, at this point it's nice to see a hint of eventual Turbografx-16 support overseas.

Say, both MSX and TG-16 were added to the Japanese Wii U's VC without much if any fanfare, right?
Or were they confirmed in the Japanese portion of a Direct beforehand?

As far as I know they were surprise additions, found in JP ratings like this. Then again I never pay attention the JP Directs.

tumblr_m60a6oBb0m1qduqnpo1_500.gif

Richie

As far as I know they were surprise additions, found in JP ratings like this. Then again I never pay attention the JP Directs.

That's as far as my knowledge went too...It's odd, you'd think additional systems would merit a mention in a Direct beforehand. May just have to wait until April for the next bi-monthly Direct, to see if TG-16 and MSX games will follow GBA's shortly in the Americas/Europe.

There are actually a few NES imports on the 3DS Virtual Console.

Dig Dug and Recca are the two I know off the top of my head.

Oh, and Super Mario Bros 2 (Lost Levels).

There are actually a few NES imports on the 3DS Virtual Console.

Dig Dug and Recca are the two I know off the top of my head.

Oh, and Super Mario Bros 2 (Lost Levels).

Really? Mystery solved I guess? Especially with Dig Dug as a precedent. I looked on Google and didn't see any mention of 3DS VC Imports.

Tripon

I just want some old school SNK fighters. Give me Real Bout 2 on the eShop. None of this wii shop bullshit!

tebunker

Banned
There are a wealth of TG16 Super CDs we never got, someone needs to rectify this. NOW.

Thoughts of Exile, Exile 2, Vasteel, Dragon Slayer on VC is what initially excited me when it was announced TG16 would hit WII VC. I was excited to not have to pay silly prices that you do for these games... Man I was wrong... horribly horribly wrong

jbueno

I just want some old school SNK fighters. Give me Real Bout 2 on the eShop. None of this wii shop bullshit!

To be fair, those Neo Geo VC titles on Original Wii are about as close to the AES versions we´ll ever get. Nice 240p and Component / RGB capable too.

Somnid

TG16 (and MSX) is less likely as Konami seems to be doing their games only for it at the moment. NES is most likely.

Namco Bandai was also in charge of their own arcade emulation but they released few of those outside Japan, and I feel we would have gotten an announcement if VCA spun up again for Wii U.

Glass Joe

It will be interesting to find out which version it is. Apparently there was recently a Solomon's Key PEGI rating for the Arcade version, so anything is possible I guess.

Top Bottom