• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter: Expects The Order 1886 to sell around 5 million units by year's end

Status
Not open for further replies.
“It’s a really good exclusive title and I think it attaches at a pretty high rate to the install base so probably 3.5 to 4 million of the install base, and then I think it will probably attract another 1 to 2 million to buy a PlayStation 4 in the next few months. So I would imagine it would be 5 million through the year’s end and it’s great,” Pachter said in an interview with GamingBolt.

Pachter is confident that Sony will keep on selling PS4s and if they bundle it up with the console, The Order: 1886 may even sell close to 10-12 million copies. “[Sony] They are going to keep selling PS4s so the trick is that this title is coming out early in the year but it’s going to sell really well in the Fall and it will probably be $40 during Holidays and if they bundle it with the PlayStation 4 which is how they will; I think the February launch is planned in such way that come Black Friday and they could give you The Order for free if you buy the PS4. So could end up selling 10-12 million because they can give away that many copies. But it’s going to do well.”

http://gamingbolt.com/pachter-the-o...d-10-12-million-if-sony-opts-for-a-ps4-bundle

Ricky_R

I don't know about Pachter, but I'm ready to eat crow if the game doesn't surpass 2 mill before the end of the year.

Is-Such-a-Thing-Ever-Possible-Alien-Guy.gif

Corgi

Banned
seems high, but I can see it doing pretty good. Sony is gonna market the fuck out of it because it really does have a pretty face. Also the platform is in dire of console exclusives.

Depends on how it's received and how big the marketing budget is
5 million for a new IP is kind of an insane prediction though

c0de

“It’s a really good exclusive title"

Well, that totally depends on how you look at it. Sadly Pachter doesn't explain to us why.

Its exclusive and there hasn't been much since December so I think it has a good chance to sell a lot

I'm thirsty for games and I'm buying it , yes i know it sounds silly since we had a lot of games in November /December but I beat x moved on from the ones I wanted , mini drought for me

How much did he predict for Fuse and Titanfall again?

Reduce the difference in % between actual and prediction, and we'd probably get Order's YTD.

/jk

TS-08

I don't know about Pachter, but I'm ready to eat crow if the game doesn't surpass 2 mill before the end of the year.

I don't know about 5 million but I'll agree with you on the 2 million figure. It's a major release, and it's still early in the console's life when people have less to choose from. And I think it's a game that lends itself well to capturing an audience's attention through commercials and trailers and such. It'll do well.

It'll probably sell well to people that already own a PS4, but I don't see how Pachter can think people are going to go out and buy a console to play a brand new game IP from an unproven studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom