• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter - "Nintendo Isn't That Smart". Thinks Nintendo should drop hybrid Switch model.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand how Pachter continues to be employed after all these years. Does he (more successfully) do analysis for other sectors?

Literally only thing holding me back is the Handheld mode.
Drop that, make a TV only Version and I'm in baby!

It's clearly a missed opportunity by Nintendo.
I know I'm not the majority by far, but I would say there is a good percentage of people who would jump the gun and buy a Switch for the TV only with no handheld mode, so it's kinda a knowingly missed sale.
If Nintendo made a beefed up home console only model they could possible get two purchases from me: that and a Lite for the best of both worlds.

EDMIX

If Nintendo made a beefed up home console only model they could possible get two purchases from me: that and a Lite for the best of both worlds.

True, but it simply means you are one of the few of that 14 million that did that. I don't believe enough of that install base really exist to support them ever doing that again.

NinjaBoiX

And then the difference is an expensive Pro Conteoller so it’s not cheaper anymore.
If you’ve cheaped out on a switch tv, then why on earth would you go for the premium official controller?

You can buy a perfectly serviceable switch controller for like £20.

KingT731

From what I read In think he means "not smart" in the way they have pretty much backed themselves into a hybrid device which, for the most part, means stifling both handheld as well as straight console. You can see this in more ambitious titles that struggle on both ends. Nintendo fans must also not be complacent with poor running ports just for the sake of "xxxx game on a handheld" and must hold the devs to higher standards.

Last edited:

Carna

Banned
Just the thread to being up an old Mama Robotnik gif:

ektmcMR.gif
Jesus, that gif in current year is some second hand embarrassment, not surprised since it belongs to old neogaf, and made by an 80s boomer sonic fan :/

Top Bottom