• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter Predicts: Xbox One outsold PS4 in September (dance, you puppets)

I find that hard to believe. With how hard Destiny was pushed and PS4 bundles that went out there's just no way.

What would have caused the dip in sales/ Xbox to increase? There's no reasoning given.

There was that any free game promotion. But even then I highly doubt so. Let alone by 100k

VRMN

Is Pachter ever right? I thought it was weird people were taking his "wait for Xbox One deals" thing at face value the same week Microsoft was effectively bundling two games with the thing. And...I'm sorry, but I'd be utterly floored if Xbox One won September.

Bass260

I don't care either way but I'm quite interested in his reasoning for this prediction. It just seems...so out there. Like I could see X1 and PS4 being close in NA but not that far apart.

FinKL

I honestly find that hard to believe, but who knows? Could be any number of reasons like the Halo fans (who didn't own next-gen) finally jumped ship to next gen and bought XBox preemptively for MCC?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I'm curious as to where the estimation is based on.

The article mentions the free game for X1 purchasers, which is nice, but I don't know if it justifies the 125k difference Pachter is estimating.

We'll have to wait for the NPD.

sam777

I find this hard to believe.

Should be noted the thread title suggests he states a fact but it is only his prediction (however off that maybe).

I now want this to be true for the resulting thread

The first 20 pages or so, before most people leave and it just dissolves into console war nonsense for the next 20 pages until Modbot locks it tight

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
The NPD thread would be amazing if he's right.

Please be right.

-griffy-

Banned
Wait, didn't they say the Destiny launch week was the highest selling week for PS4 since the week of release or Christmas or something? Yeah I find this pretty hard to believe.

Ty4on

Is Pachter ever right? I thought it was weird people were taking his "wait for Xbox One deals" thing at face value the same week Microsoft was effectively bundling two games with the thing. And...I'm sorry, but I'd be utterly floored if Xbox One won September.
His predictions last month were quite good. Had her competed here he would have come 11th I think.

maxiell

Could see Xbox One doing extremely well in September, but that PS4 prediction seems mighty low. The important thing in responding to this Pachter prediction is to emphasize how little you care.

Bizzquik

Of course Microsoft won September.
They gave away a free game during Destiny week.

Nothing buys consumer love like free stuff.

(....I own and love both consoles, by the way....)

Boke1879

what a shitty title. Dude only predicted. Don't turn it into Patcher hate thread.

Microsoft's free game deal during Madden and Destiny launch.

I still highly doubt this. The Destiny bundle was available for Preorder since E3. The bundles MS ran were only for one week.

I don't know HOW Pachter came up with this. Either he looked over something or he's just trolling.

As an analyst though. If he's wrong about this. I don't think people should take his estimates all too seriously.

I don't care either way which sells more but what was his reasoning behind his prediction?

They were doing some crazy deal where you get a free retail game (that could even be a new release like Destiny) with the purchase of a new XBone last month, weren't they?

I don't think it's completely loony to think that the XBone deal boosted sales for it more than Destiny did for PS4.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Half the people I talk to who don't really follow gaming news think Destiny is a PS4 exclusive...

Jomjom

Banned
Wow. Epic thread incoming if this is true.

Hasn't Aqua said that while Pachter isn't always accurate, he does have quite a few contacts with retailers and does his own retail checks? I wouldn't be so quick to write his prediction completely off.

Gorillaz

Well....we did get hit heavy with those xbox one + 1 free game bundles. Especially with the Madden ones.

At the same time, a nice amount of people were holding up mainly for the PS4 Destiny Bundle. Might be a close month

Maybe he forgot there are 2 PS4 skus? And he was only tracking the standard one.....IDK, I would be surprised if his guess is correct...with the Destiny bundle and all.

Top Bottom