• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter Predicts: Xbox One outsold PS4 in September (dance, you puppets)

Wow. I usually don't jump on the "Pachter is high" bandwagon, but jeez. I don't know what kind of crack he's smoking to think that PS4 got outsold by Xbox for the first time ever in coincidentally the same exact month that PS4 had a massive sales boost due to Destiny.

Bessy67

The Xbone is bound to outsell PS4 one month at least...I don't know if it's this month though.
If the Xbox One wins a month I'd think it would be November. SO out in late October, MCC releases the 11th, and MS has marketing deals for 3 big 3rd party games that release that month. I'd be shocked if they won Destiny month.

Blazini

Neo Member
I barely play my PS4 right now just isnt anything I feel pressed to buy for it.. 2014 I def give the crown to my X-1 im on it daily

I simply don't believe it. I know more than 10 people who bought a Destiny bundle last month...

Lq6y2zI.gif

baconcow

Which month did Xbox One outsell PS4? Was it the launch month if the Xbox One when no retailer had any PS4's in stock? I coukd not find a PS4 in-stock, in Canada, untilright after the price increase to $450.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
If the Xbox One wins a month I'd think it would be November. SO out in late October, MCC releases the 11th, and MS has marketing deals for 3 big 3rd party games that release that month. I'd be shocked if they won Destiny month.

Yup, I fully expect the XBO to outsell the PS4 this November.

Which month did Xbox One outsell PS4? Was it the launch month if the Xbox One when no retailer had any PS4's in stock? I coukd not find a PS4 in-stock, in Canada, untilright after the price increase to $450.

December 2013.

Banned
Sure if we only count two weeks of the PS4's sales in September.

That free game promo definitely helped though. I almost bit the bullet on it.

If Pachter turns out to be right, I will buy a white Xbox One that very day. Swear to god

edit: Of course I don't have to if no one calls me out on this

Is Pachter ever right? I thought it was weird people were taking his "wait for Xbox One deals" thing at face value the same week Microsoft was effectively bundling two games with the thing. And...I'm sorry, but I'd be utterly floored if Xbox One won September.

He is correct often enough in the things he is paid to do, as evidenced by the fact that he continues to be paid to do it. That, or the people that pay him are buffoons. Either way works.

Little month by month predictions? These ultimately don't matter.

That said, I don't believe this prediction will quite pan out. But what do I know.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
What is is reasoning for that? Destiny was a huge push for PS4 sales and there was nothing major to push for XBO that month.

How would that even be possible? I know anything can happen with these types of things, but I can't imagine a scenario where this would be even remotely possible.

Salex_

Kodros

I wonder how many of those are people buying a second system. Either way, there's no denying Sony messed up this year with putting their marketing behind a third party game while Microsoft has stuff like MCC, Forza Horizon 2, and Sunset Overdrive that are at least getting some kind of buzz as exclusives. And I imagine DriveClub's reviews didn't help matters any. I would think that's what he's basing it off of, but we'll know when the actual numbers get out.

I thought Sony had marketing deals with Far Cry 4, GTA5, and Dragon Age also? DriveClub nor its reviews came out in October so basing Sept sales from that would be silly.

Lucreto

How?

I use Amazon for trends and Xbox console was never in the top 10 for the month.

Even now the PS4 is sitting on number 11 of the best sellers list while the Xbox is number 34.

Alchemy

The Xbone couldn't outsell the PS4 with packed in TitanFall and sub $450~ish deals with tons of random stacked on extras like a copy of Forza 5 or a year of Live. Madden bundle isn't going to change shit.

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
So the PS4 can outsell Xbox during Titanfall but can't outsell Xbox during the Destiny bundle month?

I feel there is a shamalan twist coming.

Jaxx

Banned
I just don't see how it is possible. But, I mean, if so, that's huge for MS and kudos to them.

I can see how in theory it would be possible: Xbox One plus 2 free games - Madden + Destiny for 400 dollars versus PS4 + Destiny for 450. But I still don't believe it happened.

NateDrake

vgc says:
ps4 = 346k
xone = 206k

maybe pachter mixed-up something?

That site is banned because they make numbers up & don't know shit.

I'm more interested whether or not Destiny sold more on Xbox platforms than Sony. IF the Xbox One sold more hardware in Sept per NPD, that is a big win for MS. MS has more exclusives releasing this holiday than Sony does.

Top Bottom