• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter Predicts: Xbox One outsold PS4 in September (dance, you puppets)

Boke1879

It's funny some people are hoping this is true as they will believe it will make Sony "compete" As if they aren't doing that right now.

Sony isn't the one battling from behind. While bundles are a great value to the consumer Sony doesn't have to use them in order to sell their system because their system is selling fine on its own.

I'll give XB1 credit. It delivered on the exclusives THIS year. But early next year for the PS4 you're getting Ratchet, Bloodborne and The Order within the first 3 months.

Sony is even hosting an event in December to talk about games that we'll see in 2015. I'm sure they'll announce 1 or 2 new games as well. They are very much competing.

Odrion

Banned
My local target is triple opposite. They're using XB1 boxes to build shelves to hold the PS4's that are always out of stock.
My shopko is quadruple opposite, they're currently using PS4s as bonfire kindling for the folks who have camped outside for the next Xbox One the All-In-One First Class Platform to arrive.

He's able to convince clients he knows what he's talking about, and they pay to listen to his opinion.

In other words, like most financial analysts or active fund managers, he doesn't have much of a clue.

Wouldn't you think he would have more of a clue compared to someone who simply check amazon rankings for guidance?

FDC1

They sold 190k PS4 in August in a 4 week month.

It's September. It's a 5 week month. They have a Destiny bundle.

Do the maths, no way they only sold 250k in September.

Kolgar

Like Joker who just wants to see the world burn, I hope it's true.

I myself bought an X1 in September (Kinect model with Forza) thanks to the great deals and the Horizon 2 trailer that got me psyched.

After the 180s, it's a decent system.

Ever noticed the press always roots for the underdog in an election? they make their living off close races and always push for a neck and neck situation.
Analysts as well, get press and possibly customers by being contrarian. It is high risk but high reward.

mdubs

Banned
I hope this is true so Sony will get their act together and start releasing some firmware updates and announcing exclusives.

Wouldn't you think he would have more of a clue compared to someone who simply check amazon rankings for guidance?

Not really, just like monkeys throwing darts at a board can predict the stock market just as well as highly paid fund managers (probably better considering monkeys don't charge fees)

While I really hope it's not true, not least of all because of all the indie screwing, forced parity bollocks we've heard about in the last week or so, it would be incredibly entertaining from a drama perspective.

Guys full of it though.

Salex_

I hope this is true so Sony will get their act together and start releasing some firmware updates and announcing exclusives.

Out of curiosity, do you want them to announce more or do you think they announced almost none this year?

I do wonder if they happened to be outsold during the holidays would they decide to increase the amount of games they announce at their December event? Assuming they announce some at the event.

Boke1879

Wait what, Ratchet PS4 is coming out soon?

For some reason I thought it was coming out Q1. I could be very wrong about that lol.

But again back to my point. People are acting like Sony isn't competing because they aren't announcing games every 5 seconds. Aside from Drive Club and The Order. I'm liking that Sony is announcing games and trying to release them within 6 months.

They are even having an event in December to showcase games we'll be seeing in 2015. I'm sure they'll show a new game or two and I'm sure we'll get a release window for Ratchet.

Biker19

Banned
It's funny some people are hoping this is true as they will believe it will make Sony "compete." As if they aren't doing that right now.

Sony isn't the one battling from behind. While bundles are a great value to the consumer Sony doesn't have to use them in order to sell their system because their system is selling fine on its own.

I'll give XB1 credit. It delivered on the exclusives THIS year. But early next year for the PS4 you're getting Ratchet, Bloodborne and The Order within the first 3 months.

Sony is even hosting an event in December to talk about games that we'll see in 2015. I'm sure they'll announce 1 or 2 new games as well. They are very much competing.

I know. The kind of thinking that "Sony aren't competing" is ridiculous.

Huh? What do you think that they've been doing all this time?

mdubs

Banned
Out of curiosity, do you want them to announce more or do you think they announced almost none this year?

Both.

How do you think businesses are run?

So are there any indicators that he might be right? Amazon rankings seem to be the usual spread.

How do you think businesses are run? Microsoft responds with good promotions and keeps updating firmware to make console better and try to overtake Sony, if they do it sends a message to Sony that they need to respond to increase their value proposition, whether through marketing or through other methods.

prwxv3

Both.

How do you think businesses are run? Microsoft responds with good promotions and keeps updating firmware to make console better and try to overtake Sony, if they do it sends a message to Sony that they need to respond to increase their value proposition, whether through marketing or through other methods.

Can you even count.

Top Bottom